shape
carat
color
clarity

PLATINUM CARTIER CIRCA 1931 DIAMOND ROYALTY LORGNETTE

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*must head to dictionary.com to figure out what the heck a lorgnette is-- the pic didn't even help!*

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Absolutely beautiful (though I agree over priced). Lovely...isn't it an eye glass of sorts? Off to look it up too. ;))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If its a magnify glass I could use it, but alas for $38K I'll have to stick with these :sun: .

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fascinating piece! I love items like this that are from days gone by, I'm fascinated by the history connected to them. It's really lovely!

RedRobbin

Shiny_Rock
Incredible. Talk about an investment piece! Complete with the original box. Wow! Thank you for sharing.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Definition of LORGNETTE
: a pair of eyeglasses or opera glasses with a handle
Origin of LORGNETTE
French, from lorgner to take a sidelong look at, from Middle French, from lorgne squinting
First Known Use: 1803

I love things with a sense of history, it always makes me wonder about the previous owner, and the life they may have led! Can you imagine trying to explain a contact lens to someone in the 1930s?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I saw the most awesome platinum filigree folding lorngette in Harry Winston in Las Vegas last year. It was probably Edwardian, and soooo cool. It folded to look like a filigree pendant on a fine platinum chain, then unfolded to show the glass piece. They kindly let me play with it- I can't even recall how much it was, way more even than this auction I think!

The Cartier one here is really beautiful too. I bet it's incredibly delicate in person.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Why in the world is "royalty" thrown around in the ad? If the piece was owned by royalty, then state the provenance and proof. Otherwise, it is just one more empty fluff word in the world of ebay.

But it is gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results