color
clarity

PINCH ME! 1.93ct OEC in Tacori 2531

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date
D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm still in awe that I am the owner of this beautiful diamond! :love:

I worked with Adam from OWD and it couldn't have been a better experience! I'm sure I was annoying him with the many many emails I sent. He would email me back literally seconds after I would email him and even email me after hours and his days off! Now that's customer service! Adam assured me this stone was gonna be a knockout and that once, I see it, I'm gonna fall in love. And I did! It is everything that I ever dreamed of!

I asked Adam for a stone that was reminiscent of Mara's 3.33ct honker. He knew exactly what stone I was talking about when I told him! I absolutely love the faceting on her stone. He told me this stone had similar characteristics.

Before I purchased the diamond, I inquired on how much it would cost to have my prongs made into claw prongs. I felt that my original prongs were a little bulky and my Tacori warranty had long expired and I wasn't necessarily satisfied with Tacori's prong work...when he replied back he came back with on the house!
On top of that, once I received the diamond, I noticed that it had some surface scratches. I passed on my concern to Adam and he said he would gladly polish those scratches out for me before he set it

Stats:
Carat Weight: 1.93
Color: L
Clarity: VS1
Measure: 7.95*7.82*5.11
Cert: GIA
Depth: 64.8
Table: 46
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Fair
Girdle: tn
Flourescence: N/A
Culet: Slightly Large

The pictures do not do it justice. I just can't seem to get the right pictures to show how amazing the faceting is on this diamond. The rainbows of colors and the pastels take my breathe away. Sometimes it faces up so much whiter than an L. I love that it has some warmth. The contrast between the G/H melee and the L is so so pretty. It's like vintage lace coupled with white satin.

Did I leave anything out? I'm so excited! :lol:

On to the pics. Just did a quick photoshoot!

dsc01935.jpg

dsc01936.jpg

dsc01937.jpg

dsc01938.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

If your wondering, I wear a size 9.5 in case any bigger fingered ladies want size reference.

dsc01939.jpg

dsc01940.jpg

dsc01943.jpg

dsc01944.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MY!!! That is my favorite setting. It looks amazing!!!! Enjoy!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been eagerly awaiting to see this set. It is amazing!!!!! Congrats. :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
derbygal|1344705602|3249785 said:
I've been eagerly awaiting to see this set. It is amazing!!!!! Congrats. :love:

Me too!!! It is stunning! Congrats!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Thank you MAYK, DERBYGAL, KRISTYDARLING, and YENNYFIRE

I wish I could show each and every person on PS my ring in person! :lol: I suck at pics!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It gorgeous YayTacori! Absolutely stunning! I've been waiting for your thread, and you certainly didn't disappoint! :love: Congrats!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Oh w :love: w YayTacori! Your whole set looks amazing!
and the colours that you've captured is making me swoon. Does it throw off a lot of rainbows?

Congratulations on finding your dream rock! :appl: :appl: :appl:

PS. Do you have any profile shots? :lickout:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The set is stunning! I mean, I'm almost speechless. In most of your pictures, I would never even know the stone was an L color. It seems so unique to me because you've got an OEC with step cut side stones and also in the band. It's like old world meets new world. I would have never paired the two in my mind but the combination is amazing. You've done a really nice job done with it. Congratulations!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Christina...|1344710115|3249814 said:
It gorgeous YayTacori! Absolutely stunning! I've been waiting for your thread, and you certainly didn't disappoint! :love: Congrats!

Aww! Thank you Christina! You're too sweet!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY MOLEY!!! YayTacori - that diamond and the setting is AWESOMELYBLINGALICIOUSNESS and looks fan-freakin'-tastic on you!!!!!
:love: :appl: :love:

Droolworthy for SURE - I'm in jealous heaven looking at it!!! And a big WHOOP WHOOP to the 9.5 finger size!!! Those of us with 'less -delicate' fingers need to stand by each other! :bigsmile:

It sounds like a fantastic experience you had with OWD - did you already have that setting or did Adam find it for you? Do they carry settings? I just thought they were older diamonds.

D

Deactivated member 42515

hoover|1344711077|3249823 said:
Oh w :love: w YayTacori! Your whole set looks amazing!
and the colours that you've captured is making me swoon. Does it throw off a lot of rainbows?

Congratulations on finding your dream rock! :appl: :appl: :appl:

PS. Do you have any profile shots? :lickout:

SO MANY RAINBOWS! pastels! You name it. There's pink and blue and yellow, and greens. And to me, these are all prominent to my naked eye.

And, I do have a profile shot, I forgot!

_494.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is absolutely beautiful! The setting and diamond are perfect together!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Mikla said:
The set is stunning! I mean, I'm almost speechless. In most of your pictures, I would never even know the stone was an L color. It seems so unique to me because you've got an OEC with step cut side stones and also in the band. It's like old world meets new world. I would have never paired the two in my mind but the combination is amazing. You've done a really nice job done with it. Congratulations!
Thank you Mikla. I was kinda apprehensive about the step cuts plus the old cut but I'm so glad I went with it! And I absolutely LOVE the L color. Just enough of warmth to make the diamond PoP!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
HOLY MOLEY!!! YayTacori - that diamond and the setting is AWESOMELYBLINGALICIOUSNESS and looks fan-freakin'-tastic on you!!!!!
:love: :appl: :love:

Droolworthy for SURE - I'm in jealous heaven looking at it!!! And a big WHOOP WHOOP to the 9.5 finger size!!! Those of us with 'less -delicate' fingers need to stand by each other! :bigsmile:

It sounds like a fantastic experience you had with OWD - did you already have that setting or did Adam find it for you? Do they carry settings? I just thought they were older diamonds.
Thank you Enerchi! You're too kind! The setting is something I picked up in early 2010 a little after I joined PS. Hence the pave underneath. ( the rubbing :( ) but I still love it and I'm so happy I finally have a diamond in it! It's been a Lon time coming! I keep telling DH to subtly bring up my ring to people so that I can show it off!

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Breathtaking! I love -love- love the combination of cuts and the L is fantastic, I love warner colours but yours shows up so white in these phots, Im sure in real life it changes as you get the delicious pastels, congratualtions on your new stone, enjoy gettimg to know her ( or him?!)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay I love it!!! :love: :love: :love:

hoover

Shiny_Rock
YayTacori|1344715318|3249853 said:
I keep telling DH to subtly bring up my ring to people so that I can show it off!

You're so cute YayTacori :lol:

Become a hand talker or casually point at stuff - that usually works :naughty: :cheeky: (not that I do that IRL ;)) )

justginger

Ideal_Rock
LOL at Hoover - also have an imaginary speck of dirt in your eye that needs removal with your left hand or make sure you use that hand to pick up glassware for a drink! :lol:

In all seriousness though, congratulations. Your ring is just gorgeous - it's no wonder you're over the moon! :love:

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
:::THUD::: Smelling salts somebody! Congratulations! That stone is magnificent and that setting oh my! You must be on Cloud 9! :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Now when I someday call Adam I'll say I want one like Mara's honker and YayTacori's honker! It's divine!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
You carry it so beautifully, stone and setting look perfect on your finger. It also fits its box - so exciting to lift the lid!

D

Deactivated member 42515

novicediamond|1344715622|3249855 said:
Breathtaking! I love -love- love the combination of cuts and the L is fantastic, I love warner colours but yours shows up so white in these phots, Im sure in real life it changes as you get the delicious pastels, congratualtions on your new stone, enjoy gettimg to know her ( or him?!)

Thank you! It actually usually looks white or this wonderful creamy ivory. But when it does become warmer, yes! the pastels come out and play! When the diamond was loose, I leaned towards him but now I dunno... I'm torn!

Here's a pic of the MOST it ever gets on the warm side

Skippy Diamndseeker2006 Orchid LeiTuckins1- Thanks so much!

hoover|1344725779|3249898 said:
YayTacori|1344715318|3249853 said:
I keep telling DH to subtly bring up my ring to people so that I can show it off!

You're so cute YayTacori :lol:

Become a hand talker or casually point at stuff - that usually works :naughty: :cheeky: (not that I do that IRL ;)) )

justginger|1344728545|3249915 said:
LOL at Hoover - also have an imaginary speck of dirt in your eye that needs removal with your left hand or make sure you use that hand to pick up glassware for a drink! :lol:

In all seriousness though, congratulations. Your ring is just gorgeous - it's no wonder you're over the moon! :love:
Haha, DH is taking me out to dinner tonight. I shall be pointing at all my menu choices with my left finger! "I would like the lobster please" Oh this ring? How kind of you to notice" while I wave it in their face! :devil: And thanks justginger! I am soooo happy!

Good_luxe_girl|1344729402|3249921 said:
:::THUD::: Smelling salts somebody! Congratulations! That stone is magnificent and that setting oh my! You must be on Cloud 9! :love: :love:
Thank you so much! Here's some smelling salts! :wavey:

_6.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results