shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of 1.25 Radiants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ella555

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

My boyfriend and I are about to buy a 1.25 carat radiant for my engagement ring, and I am slightly nervous that it will look small. We looked at 3 diamonds this past weekend, and I really love one of them. It is an H VS2 and the dimensions are 6.22x5.68x3.92, L:W Ratio 1.10, 69/67 (Dep/Tab). I have heard that most diamonds look smaller loose, and once they are set they look a little bigger. I am getting a setting made with tapered baguettes that are .18 each (6mm long and 2mm tapering to 1.5mm). I am a size 6.5 if that matters.

Can anyone post pictures of their radiants that are about 1.25 carats so I can get an idea of how the size will look once it is set? Especially square radiants :)

Do you think this will be a good size? I would really love at least 1.5, but the price jump from 1.25 to 1.5 is just too much, and since I am having the setting custom made more of the budget it going towards that.

Thanks so much!!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ella! Congrats on your engagement! Here is a shot of my rings (and a pair of earrings... sorry!), my center stone is a 1.21 square radiant, and my finger size is a 7.25. I think it''s a great size! Good luck with your search!

aSC_0052.jpg

Ella555

Rough_Rock
Hi Paula. You''re ring is beautiful - thanks for sharing! We aren''t engaged yet - but thank you :) He is waiting to get the ring first so part of this can be a surprise. I''m hoping for Christmas and keeping my fingers crossed!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think square cut stones tend to look smaller than their round/oval counterparts. I have a 1.05 ct round that looks like a 1.25 carat stone due to the cutting. I can''t find square cut stones that look bigger than their caratage suggests.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Well I have a 1.22 cushion, and when it was loose, I was really worried that it was going to look tiny, but now that it''s set it looks amazing and just the right size! Granted, I do have it in a halo setting, but I think 1.22 is still a great size!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ella, I have a 1.25 radiant diamond and I LOVE IT! It looks really big on my finger too and I am a size 7.5. The specs on my diamond are:

Shape and Cutting Style- Cut Cornered Rectangular Modified Brilliant
Measurements-6.39x5.73x3.91
Carat Weight-1.25
Color Grade-F
Clarity Grade-VS2
Polish -Very good
Symmetry- Good
Fluorescence- None
L/W Ratio-1.12
Depth-68%
Table-66%

and here is a picture of it on my hand!(please don''t mind my nails I am a massage therapist)

jacquelinem.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Mine has a very similar facet pattern to a radiant, though it is called a rectangular round-cornered modified brilliant...it''s 1.33c, so it''s very close to what you''re talking about, and my ring is a size 6 (though I should really get it sized--it''s a little big)...

ringxx1122.jpg

Ella555

Rough_Rock

Thanks for your comments and pictures everyone! I really appreciate it :)

tourmaline_lover: yeah, I know square diamonds tend to look a little smaller – but I really love that look!

PearlDahhhling: That''s reassuring to hear your cushion looked smaller to you when it was loose but was still the perfect size after it was set.

missjaxon: Your diamond sounds really similar to the one I am going to get and it does look like a great size on your hand. I noticed your wedding date 10/10/10 – I think that is a great date! We are planning our wedding for 5/15/10 (even though we aren''t "officially" engaged yet) and I just love the multiples of 5, especially since our anniversary is 5/5/05. If we didn’t want a May wedding, I would probably go for 10/10/10 also because it is such a perfectly round date.

alli_esq: that picture really shows the proportion of the stone to your hand well and is encouraging – even though yours is a bit bigger :)

Does anyone else have any pictures they can share?

batana

Rough_Rock
ooooh, I love radiants! Here are a few pictures of mine. It is a 1.25 rectangular original radiant cut and my ring is a size 5.

ER_batana (7).jpg

78girl

Rough_Rock
batana - just wanted you to know that yours is one of my absolute favorites on pricescope. Every time I see a pic of it, I''m amazed at how incredibly beautiful it''s simplicity is!

30.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 8:29:13 AM
Author: 78girl
batana - just wanted you to know that yours is one of my absolute favorites on pricescope. Every time I see a pic of it, I''m amazed at how incredibly beautiful it''s simplicity is!

30.gif

I agree! I have admired your diamond in other posts! So beautiful!

Ella555

Rough_Rock

Batana, your ring is gorgeous!! That is a really beautiful radiant. I love the picture with the rose!

We just bought mine on Saturday (so excited!!). I took a few pictures and I will try to post, but I am having trouble getting them small enough.

radiantsparkle

Rough_Rock
I am a radiant lover as well! Here is my 1.36 (5.8x6.8) set the other way. Size 5 3/4. Yours looks perfect!

SEFRadianthand2.jpg

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Not 1.25 - but an example of how a radiant of approx 7.1*5.2 may look on a size 7 finger!

rad1234.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results