shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of ring from WF! Thanks again PS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock

Good morning and happy Monday!

I received pictures of my new ring from WF this morning and I cannot wait to get it tomorrow. Thank you again for all your patience, support and guidance. I know I was hard to deal with at times (I''m very impatient and a control freak... but I promise I''m working on it). I''m so thankful I came across Pricescope because who knows what I would''ve ended up with.

Before PS, I thought I knew about diamonds.

I thought cut was the shape of a diamond, so I never knew that there were different types of cuts, or that cut is what made the diamond sparkle.

I thought GIA was the best certificate I can get. I never know about AGS0, etc.

I thought clarity and color was the only deciding factors of a diamond.

I never paid attention to the depth, pavilion, etc, and no jeweler has ever tried to explain these numbers to me.

I thought buying a diamond off ebay was a great deal.

I thought clarity enhanced diamonds were a great deal and best bang for your buck (oh boy! was I wrong!)

As you can see, I thought I knew about diamonds, but I really didn''t! I still love learning new things everyday and my husband has come to accept that this is my new obsession.

With all that said, here are the pictures I received. If you find something off, please let me know as they are shipping it today. To me, it looks beautiful and classic and I cannot wait to pick it up tomorrow.

020909 solstice.jpg

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Coati!
26.gif

Here''s some info about the stone.

.833 ACA I SI1
Depth%: 61.4
Table%:56.9
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown%: 14.9
Star: 54
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion%: 42.8
Lower Girdle%: 78
Girdle: Med to Slghty Thck Faceted
Measurements: 6.01 - 6.05 x 3.71
Light Performance: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible

Info about the setting:

Platinum
Size 5.25
Stuller Solstice Comfort Fit Bombe Shank
6 prong med height

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
You are absolutely right. It is classic and beautiful! Can''t wait to see some hand shots!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its perfect - many congrats!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:18:22 PM
Author: adrienneg
Thanks Coati!
26.gif

Here''s some info about the stone.

Thanks for posting the info! I love the proportions of the shank thickness to the stone--can''t wait for hand shots!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Looks beautiful, cannot wait to see it on you! Don''t leave me waiting too long.. here I''ll hold my breath until you post more...
emotion-41.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure your going to love it! Its beautiful. Glad we could help find a new obsession for ya!
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect!!
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Perfect! But then I am biased. I have a 0.8ct ACA in a similar setting and it''s just perfect perfect perfect!! She will love it!
30.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations. It looks perfect. I
30.gif
the roundness of the shank and the low head.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring and gorgeous stone!! You are going to be happy as those ACA''s are really something.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is so pretty! That stone looks gorgeous!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful ring. Do you know what kind of band you want with it? Congrats!

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
OoOoOo so Yummy!
3.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic! I really like the proportions, especially the band width. I''m excited to see it on your hand!

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I haven''t kept anyone updated with handshots... I misplaced my log in and created a new account, but today, as I was throwing out some mail, I found my log in info on the back of an envelope. Thank goodness!

I haven''t posted hand pics for this ring, because I ended up returning it. I was super excited as soon as I picked it up from WF that I tore the box open in my car, and the first thing my eye landed on was a clear inclusion. I felt my heart sink with disappointment (sorry if I''m a drama queen). But I expected to love the ring after all the effort of research that went into it. Well, I went out of town for a few days so I did wear the ring hoping that the inclusion wouldn''t bother me. The inclusion wasn''t visible in all lighting but I did find myself looking for it when I didn''t see it, so I knew it bothered me alot. And also, the stone didn''t call out to me the way other stones (even of smaller sizes) did to me at some stores I''ve been to.

So to make the long story short, I knew that it wasn''t the stone for me. I returned it and am waiting for WF to send me a refund check. I do hope that I will get it in the next couple of days so that I can stop kicking myself for this purchase because I had to come out of pocket for some shipping fees and I''m having my baby sooner than expected, so that part is exciting for me. I am in the process of purchasing another ring but from Excel this time. All the conversations I''ve had with my rep at WF did not come close to the couple conversations I''ve had with Judah at Excel, and he''s been AMAZING! I feel like the service with Excel is more on a personal level than part of an assembly line at WF (pricing questions goes to someone, someone else besides the rep has to answer turnaround time questions, etc). I''m not saying anything bad about WF, I''m just disappointed that I had to return the ring, but also that the refund will take so long. I picked a stone and a setting from Excel, but there was some miscommunication between myself and hubby as to where the funds were, and transferring the funds out of our savings takes a few days, etc., so that ring will probably take a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I guess my story isn''t short, but I''m feeling pretty down in the dumps about this situation. If the Excel ring doesn''t work out, I give up because I don''t have the energy to buy from the internet anymore, so I guess I''ll just have to save more for the B&M prices.
7.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, I am sorry that it did not work out for you. I am sure that you will find the perfect stone. Good luck with you baby!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Oh no. That is terrible. I wonder why your refund is slow, did you contact WF to follow up?

I am happy you have found another option with Excel and am looking forward to more details & pics.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that you didn''t fall in love with the diamond and that it wasn''t eye clean. I hope you don''t give up on buying on the internet. There are tons of beauties out there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results