shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos: Newbie Looking for Opinion of Anniversary Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Hi! I would really appreciate any and all advice you can send my way. I''m new to jewelry and am having difficulty figuring out what would look nice with my wedding/e-ring (I just have the 1 ring instead of both an e-ring and a wedding band). I am wanting to get 1 or 2 small diamond ''stacking'' anniversary band(s) to add sparkle to my wedding ring. I am just really unsure of what would look nice with my wedding ring and what will add (as opposed to detract) from it. I also have small hands and am a little concerned about the combined rings looking too heavy. Any and all advice is really appreciated - as well as your honest opinions!
5.gif

I purchased two 2mm pave diamond rings to try with my wedding ring...but...I''m thinking I''m not really crazy about them and am feeling they look heavy. What do you think? What would you recommend? I can return the 2 rings I bought with no problems at all. I''d love your feedback!
9.gif

The stats on my wedding ring: Center diamond 0.55ct, sapphire pave, Vatche knife edge band.

Thank you so so much for your guidance!
26.gif

1StephBandsOption1.gif

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
I''m kind of thinking I''m not really jazzed about either option... hmmm... what would you recommend?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with you that they are too heavy for the ering....maybe something daintier on either side would make the ering stand out more, either in diamond or sapphire. I am thinking something like this....i do think you need one on either side to balance out the sapphire in the middle though.

littlediamodnband.jpg

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Thank you for this! Would you stick strictly with the type of band posted above, or would something with different shaped stones compliment or detract the wedding ring?

I was starting to get inspired with the thread "Show us your stacking rings", link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-stacking-rings.93875/ , and there are some really great shapes out there!

I just wonder if in this case, is simpler better to compliment this ring? Or could I go for some of the creative shapes in the picture below?

DSCstack.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those stacking rings too - in fact i am wearing a couple stacking rings right now! all the shapes and designs are so interesting...having said that though, i think your ering with the double sided sapphire pave is too unique to add the other shapes to it...it would be hard to find some that look good with that ring in particular.

I think the simple (1 row) pave would be best and you could do one on either side. If you wanted to do just one band rather than two, i would probably go with one that matches the sapphire shank on the ering....i''ve seen it somewhere. I''ll try to find a pic for you!

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
I found some images of rings (would need to save up as we can''t afford them right now
7.gif
). Which do you think would go best with the wedding ring, assuming we did 1 band on each side of the wedding ring? Pictures coming below...

StephPicture-1.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think your ering is really pretty but I agree that the two bands is too much. I do like the look with one pave band. I also think a thin eternity band with diamonds or sapphires would look pretty.
35.gif

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 1:25:49 PM
Author: violet3
I agree with you that they are too heavy for the ering....maybe something daintier on either side would make the ering stand out more, either in diamond or sapphire. I am thinking something like this....i do think you need one on either side to balance out the sapphire in the middle though.

Oh, and of course Option 6...the image/ring suggested by Violet3... After reading that simpler might be better in this instance, I''m probably leaning towards Violet3''s recommendation...

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EDIT: I Replied too fast and missed 4 and 5!

Of all of them, i like option #1 with the little bezels...but it would have to be really really dainty bezels to look right - i think you'd need to see it in person.

#2 looks like half of a knife edge, yes? the problem with that is they won't sit flush against your ring, b/c the ering is already a knife edge tapering downward on the edges...these will stick up over the sides and look funny.

Honestly, #3 is probably going to have too much substance in the setting for your ring too, because they are sort of squared off and will sit up pretty high next to the ring....i.e. there is a lot of setting for the pave. But it could just be the picture....sometimes it helps to see them on a hand.

4 and 5 are adoreable, and i am wearing a faux (shhh...don't tell) version of 5 right now :) However, it think the alternating colors will be too busy with your ring. The shank of your ring is so unique, i think it should be the focus of the set b/c it already has so much personality. Typically speaking, i only like the colored stacking rings when they are paired with something plain (aka just diamonds or a solitaire). I would, however, encourage you to grab a couple for your right hand
27.gif

hey, what's our budget so we can help look for more????
31.gif

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Hi! Thank you SO MUCH for your help! I agree with your comments.

My budget for both bands is $1,000 or less. I''m guessing I can save some money by not getting a full eternity ring (diamonds all the way around); which is probably a good idea for me since I''m a bit hard on rings!
20.gif

Thank you for looking for more photos as I''m not really sure where to look!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey, you know where else you could get a couple of rings for a great price is www.overstock.com - they have some that are less expensive but still very attractive.

A girlfriend of mine got two from there a couple of years ago that were replicas of the tiffany legacy...they''re really pretty and were only about $350 each!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
StephCrowley, your setting is marvelous! I''ve never seen that design before, and I''m madly in love. I love option #5 for an anniversary band: I just got the backwards version of that, with sapphire marquise and diamond rounds. I think Violet3 is right about the possibility of the diamond marquise/sapphire rounds being too busy because of the balance of colors in your ring, but perhaps a greater emphasis on the sapphire with this option could work?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
As much as I am in love with the bezel look right now, I just don''t think it''s right for your ring. I think two very thin, simple, diamond pave bands would make a set that gave your ring the right amount of extra sparkle without looking too busy. All those shapes and colors can look really distracting, and you want the focus to be on your lovely wedding ring. The ones you have right now are pretty, but too thick, IMHO. I definitely think two thin bands would look heavenly.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I would recommend going with smaller, more delicate bands myself.
41.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 5:35:19 PM
Author: kittybean
As much as I am in love with the bezel look right now, I just don''t think it''s right for your ring. I think two very thin, simple, diamond pave bands would make a set that gave your ring the right amount of extra sparkle without looking too busy. All those shapes and colors can look really distracting, and you want the focus to be on your lovely wedding ring. The ones you have right now are pretty, but too thick, IMHO. I definitely think two thin bands would look heavenly.

Agreed! Maybe two .33 ctw bands from Signed Pieces?

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I think thinner bands would be better and I would also think possibly one eternity band of diamonds and another one of just sapphires would look awesome!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a pretty e-ring! I agree that it is a bit too much with the two bands. I think your ring would look gorgeous with thinner bands. Good luck!

carabella

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I also agree that the current bands are a bit too think with your e-ring. I love the look of two bands though. I''d consider going with a bit thinner band on each side so you could still have the look you''re after but not the heavy feeling.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think the first ring Violet3 posted would work best. Having two would allow you to 'frame' your e-ring without taking away from it. Good luck deciding!
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 8:11:35 AM
Author: girlie-girl
I think the first ring Violet3 posted would work best. Having two would allow you to ''frame'' your e-ring without taking away from it. Good luck deciding!
1.gif
Ditto! I definitely think you need to go and try on a ton of bands in person though. Seeing it on the internet is one thing - on your hand - quite a difference!

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for your advice! I may be able to free up some time Friday afternoon to go try on a bunch of very simple, delicate, 1 row bands. Looking forward to it!!!
36.gif

And thank you for the compliments on my wedding ring. I just asked Vatche to use tiny sapphires instead of tiny diamonds in their regular knife edge setting. It was my first jewelry shopping experience ever
6.gif
so I''m REALLY glad it turned out
9.gif
!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that the thin pavé band posted by Violet would be best with your ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results