shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Phew, ENGAGED!

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
I guess upgrading my girlfriend to my fiancee is great news!

I ended up taking to her to the spot where we went on our first date EIGHT YEARS AGO: a secluded cliff overlooking La Jolla beach; that was our first time going back over 8 years!

jbv2.jpg
jbv01.jpg

Luckily there was a random surfer dude that caught the picture of me proposing! THANKS PS, JAMES ALLEN, and Chris at ERD!!!!!! :wavey:

purplesilk

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: You did an excellent job: the e-ring is wonderful!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Thanks for sharing.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations - your hard work has paid off in spades. That ring looks simply phenomenal on her hand. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous TItan!!! It looks amazing on her hand - all bright white and totally blingy!!! Congratulations - and how great that Surfer Dude was there to capture it with you!!!

(Love your T&Co black band - I got the same one for my DS a few years ago - you're lookin' pretty stylin', dude!!! ;)) )

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring turned out fabulous, it's extra white and brilliant! It looks perfect on her.....and big! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!!! So happy for the both of you! And the ring is just beautiful! Great job Titan!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW, Congratulations Titan !!!
I LOVE La Jolla !!! That must have been a great moment !!!

The ring is AMAZING and I am REALLY excited to see more pictures of it !!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! The ring looks beautiful on her hand!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring!!! :love:

Congratulations on your engagement and all the best!

Cachette :))

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That looks perfect on her hand, all sparkly and white! We need more pics! :bigsmile: Congrats :appl:

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
What a great place to propose. We lived in La Jolla when we got engaged (although DH proposed in Santa Monica) and it's just a great place to get engagement pictures. So pretty and romantic.

Gorgeous ring, too! Congrats!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!. The ring is beautiful on her hand and looks perfect. You did a great job.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!! It looks absolutely stunning on her hand!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous--congrats.

cheers--Sharon

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
You did such a great job Titan! I'm so happy for you both. The ring looks fantastic on her, you couldn't have done better!! :love:

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I have to admit, I wasn't nervous (shouldn't be after 8 years!), but it was definitely fun taking her there; she knew right away what was happening when we turned the corner and she was like "this is where we went a long time ago.......... OMG!"

I have to admit though, the setting IRL looks a lot more delicate than in the pix ERD sent. I guess cuz it's so blown up, but for a width of nearly 2mm, it's kinda super delicate looking; better than being bulky, right?

Are MOST band widths right about 2 mm?

JohnV2.jpg

zcoop7

Rough_Rock
Wow! Wow! I love it! You did a good job and it's :appl: stunning!!!

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1340438610|3222297 said:
It's gorgeous TItan!!! It looks amazing on her hand - all bright white and totally blingy!!! Congratulations - and how great that Surfer Dude was there to capture it with you!!!

(Love your T&Co black band - I got the same one for my DS a few years ago - you're lookin' pretty stylin', dude!!! ;)) )

LOL, thanks Enerchi - That band was something she gave me 5 years ago, but I'm still gonna make her buy me a new ring that I want to design!!! Why should she have ALL the fun? :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! :appl: Her rings are gorgeous and the e-ring looks fabulous on her!

2mm is perfect, not too thin but not bulky, either. Pave on shanks thinner than 1.8 can be trouble, so yours is a good size!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Titan, the ring is gorgeous! She must be SO thrilled with it! You did a great job.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! The ring is spectacular - you did a great job!

However, refresh my memory on the size and specs that you finally went with - I kinda got lost in the flurry of contenders!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and what a sweet story! Thank you for sharing. I like how delicate it is. :love:

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1340477464|3222489 said:
Congrats! The ring is spectacular - you did a great job!

However, refresh my memory on the size and specs that you finally went with - I kinda got lost in the flurry of contenders!

The center stone I ended up going with is from JA: 1.34ct GVS1, XXX (appraised at F color! Bonus!), HCA 0.8, AGA 1A...
54% table, 33 CA, 40.8 PA, 61.7(8) depth... something like that.

The setting is from ERD, the width barely makes the 2.0mm mark. So I hope there aren't any problems with it.. Her finger size is 4.0, so I think it sits quite nice on her finger, but in a few years I'll shoot for a 2.0+/- Ct rock for her!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo whee congratulations!

La Jolla? Now your screen name makes sense! ;-)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATS Titan!!!

Her ring is just beautiful :love: :love: :love: and it's perfect on her finger! :bigsmile:

Hope you stick around RT now the real work is done ;))

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Is this the cliff by UCSD campus that overlooks Black's Beach? Where you have a huge mansion to the right of you (when facing the ocean) on the other cliff?

I use to go there all the time when I went to UCSD. I lived in the dorm rooms in I-House (Junior and Senior year) which are close by (and then in Muir College Dorms when I was a freshman).

Lovely ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results