shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Ooh, Shiny--1.23 ct Bezel Milgrain Studs!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hooray! My "big girl" studs from ID Jewelry are here!

I have been plotting to get some larger bezel-set studs for about a year and a half now, so when I had my one-year anniversary a few months ago at my "big girl" job, I started really searching around. During my search, some gorgeous bezel milgrain studs popped up here on SMTB, and I fell in love with the look. Once I saw how gorgeously Circe's studs from ID Jewelry had turned out, I decided I had to call them and see if they could make something as lovely for me . . . and boy, did they deliver!

Luann and Yekutiel were absoutely lovely to work with, and they worked quickly and effectively within the parameters I gave them. Yekutiel had a lovely .61 ct ideal-cut, H&A J SI1 in his inventory, and it only took him a day to find a match: a .62 ideal-cut H&A J VS1. They shipped out my earrings the very next day, and here they are!

kbstuds3.JPG

kbstuds4.JPG

kbstuds5.JPG

kbstuds1.JPG

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
With my 2.12 ct EC for a size comparison (side stones are .15 ct RBs):

kbstuds2.JPG

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I know everyone wants to see ear shots (I'm the same way), but my goodness is it awkward to look at one's own ears in such excruciating detail . . .

One from the side:

kbstudsear1.JPG

kbstudsear2.JPG

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Enjoying the sunshine on our rooftop deck . . .

. . . and that's all for now! I am going to enlist some help to take an ear shot of these with my .5 ctw studs for comparison, so I'll post those as soon as I muster up the courage to request that another person take a close-up photo of my ear.

kbstudssun1.JPG

kbstudssun2.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, beautiful! and they look HUGE on your ears! enjoy them!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations! :appl:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I almost forgot the glamour shots Luann sent me! I couldn't wait to tear open the Fed Ex package once I saw these!

kbstudsglam1.jpg

kbstudsglam2.jpg

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!! Zowie! Your entire collection is marvelous.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're beautiful!! The settings are so pretty, and those diamonds rock! (hey, that's pretty good :sun:) The size is perfect...in fact, they look huge on you! Have a blast wearing these, they look great.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those studs have such wonderful bling presence on your ears!!! gorgeous and I love the milgrain detail on them :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kittybean, those are STUNNING!!!! :love: :love: Perfect size on you and super blingy!!!! I love them, congrats!!! :appl: :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You probably won't be surprised to hear that I LOVE THEM! Those stones look spectacular. And also, I'm wildly jealous of your dainty earlobes - those look enormous on you! Wear them in joy. :mrgreen:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly. These bezeled milgrained stud threads just aren't fair, I tell you!!

I am completely covetous, kittybean - they are magnificent, and they look stunning in your ears :love: :love: :love: Definitely big girl studs :bigsmile:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous!!!! And of course, they look super huge in your perfect, petite ears!!!! Im so jealous!!! ENJOY THEM!!!! :love:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, they are gorgeous!! I honestly enjoy all of your jewelry. Your rings (and now studs) are some that I have been drooling over since I joined PS. You have exquisite taste.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I l :love: ve your new studs, Ms. KB! They are gorgeous and huge on you.
Congratulations on your one year work anniversary. Time flies! I think I remember reading posts of when you graduated from law school and started working.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Those are absolutely stunning and what a perfect size! These are on my wish list and now I might just consider going with ID jewelry after seeing yours. Would you mind posting a profile shot of the earring? I'm wondering how high they sit off of the ear...

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I've been offline entirely for a couple days, so please excuse the late responses! I've been wearing my earring for just over a week now, and I'm very happy with how comfortable they are. The screwbacks don't bother me at all, and I'm able to sleep and talk on the phone while wearing them without issues.

Thank you so much to slg, stci, rubyprincess, diamondseeker, junebug, D&T, Skippy, Dani, yennyfire, and bean for your kind words. It is so nice to get the positive feedback!

Circe, thank you for sharing photos of your gorgeous studs and providing me with my inspiration! Yekutiel is still talking about how beautifully your earrings turned out.

Yssie, you should join the bezel migrain studs club! The great thing about the milgrain is that it adds some variation in the shine/light reflection of the bezel, so IMO, it is harder to see where the diamond stops and the metal begins, which, of course, means the diamond looks even larger. It's a nice sort of trompe l'oeil.

(More responses to come later.)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
lbbaber, thank you for your kind compliment! From what I've seen of your jewelry, you have excellent taste as well.

tigian, thank you for the nice comments and for the congrats! I'm coming up on my third anniversary of graduating from law school--it is hard to believe how quickly time flies. Hope all is well with you!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1302270445|2891009 said:
Those are absolutely stunning and what a perfect size! These are on my wish list and now I might just consider going with ID jewelry after seeing yours. Would you mind posting a profile shot of the earring? I'm wondering how high they sit off of the ear...
While I inadvertently left my camera's memory card in my computer at work over the weekend, I did get out a ruler and was able to estimate that the earrings are about 4 mm thick. They do "settle" into the ear once on, though, so they look to be about 2-3 mm off the surface of my ear (I didn't actually do that measurement--that's just a guess!).

I would definitely recommend IDJ. They were really lovely to work with and made me feel very comfortable about this purchase.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
kittybean said:
While I inadvertently left my camera's memory card in my computer at work over the weekend, I did get out a ruler and was able to estimate that the earrings are about 4 mm thick. They do "settle" into the ear once on, though, so they look to be about 2-3 mm off the surface of my ear (I didn't actually do that measurement--that's just a guess!).

I would definitely recommend IDJ. They were really lovely to work with and made me feel very comfortable about this purchase.

Awesome, I think I will definitely go through them once I have the funds to buy a pair. Thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect size! And they look great on you. Congrats and wear them in the best of health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results