shape
carat
color
clarity

On her way to Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cadaver

Rough_Rock

Did a hasty transaction with GOG, my fault, of course that it is hasty.

Purchase the rock, included the setting, and she is now on way to Singapore via Fed-ex.

Singapore has a pretty conservative(not backward) society, so I don''t think you will see a lot of Singaporeans buying erings, especially from as far as States. For me, I did a lot of Ebay-ing over the recent years, so I guess I am one of the few.

Like I said, it is a pretty rush transaction, so I think that is why there are only 2 pics(both from the top).

The rock is a 0.638 H VS2, mounted on a Stuller Tiffany-styled 4 prong all-platinum (sz4.5).

Going with the basics...

CadaverRing1.jpg

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Can't see the arrows very clearly perhaps due to the lighting when the photo was taken?

Picture 2:

CadaverRing2.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rush or no rush... the result looks pretty darn good
2.gif

About the arrows: they look black only when the stone is under some shadow (e.g. looked at from very close by). IMO, in these pictures were meant to show the stone at its brightest - with nothing ''darkness'' in it, including the arrows. And they surely show among the reflections too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, hasty or not, great choice! Welcome also!
36.gif
36.gif

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Whoa, didn''t expect to get any respond at this time of the day, so fast somemore! It is now 1930hrs in Singapore!

Hi Val, thanks! That was what I thought so too, the contrast may show only with some "darkness".
23.gif

Hey Lorel, thanks for the hospitality!
17.gif

Thanks both, that was what I needed to hear, some good comments about the ring. Hope they took some pics at the side, going to ask them...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2005 6:38:18 AM
Author: cadaver

Whoa, didn't expect to get any respond at this time of the day, so fast somemore! It is now 1930hrs in Singapore!

13:48 - Bucharest
2.gif
... I should be working, but...

Hi Val, thanks! That was what I thought so too, the contrast may show only with some 'darkness'.

There's a nice presentation (2min video) of what I meant HERE (the 'head obstruction' clip)

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link! Watched the video, and confirmed my guess!
33.gif

Oh, you are from Romania! You have to work on Sundays? No wonder the "but...."
41.gif

You have a nice day ahead!
1.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, a very pretty ring. I''m not sure you can get it wrong with GOG, they''re well respected here.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful!
30.gif

And no, you will not be able to see the arrows except in certain lights.

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Hey Mini/Patty, thanks! I posted the pics here just to get true-to-the-heart comments from the PS community. I am just glad it looked nice to you people. I am sure people like me who bought off the internet w/o looking at the real thing will feel kinda insecured. For me, I am getting my assurance from you guys~!
35.gif

Mini, of course I trust GOG/Jonathan. Or else I wouldn''t have paid for this ring... guess I am getting butterflies in my stomach...

Patty, yep yep!
2.gif
I realised from the video I saw. I probably did not have enough photos, cos I will like to see one with the "arrows"...

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you did a wonderful job! I would never guess it was a hasty decision
2.gif

Congrats!

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Hey Rascal! Thanks! Never expected so many replies to my posting in such a short time!

Anyway, I just got the pic of the side view, here it is:

DN Br638HVS2 side view.jpg

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cadaver!

Congratulations on your purchase! It''s a beautiful ring!

Any idea how you''ll propose? I visited Singapore for the first time in August and I loved it. It''s a wonderful city, very modern but with rich history, exceptionally clean, awesome restaurants and shops....I was only there a couple days but I''d love to go back. I''m just curious if you have any proposal ideas around any of the sites I visited.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, congrats!!!

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Hey Elle, glad you came to Singapore and found it to your liking! For me, the plus point of Singapore is that it is very safe.

Where have you actually visited? For proposal sites, there are a couple:

1) Big TV screen at Suntec City?
2) On top of the huge Merlion at Sentosa?

the list goes on, depending on how you wanna do it! Maybe you can suggest the idea, and I suggest the place?

For me, it''ll be a private(toned-down) affair..just wanna catch her by surprise...something like that: Sent her home after X''mas eve dinner. Make her do a treasure hunt at her house for her "X''mas present"... well she finds it...you know the rest...(I''ll be her present
3.gif
)... it''ll be more elaborated than described...

Hi Angel! Thanks! I am also a lucky guy(if she says "yes")!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''ll say yes!!
2.gif
1.gif

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh!

It''s 3:30 am in over here, going to slumberland...
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nighty night, sweet dreams!!
24.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with the proposal, please post handshots when you can!
35.gif
The ring really is beautiful
30.gif

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Back at work...
15.gif
3 hours sleep...

Hey Lorel! I will try taking more shots when I receive the ring. Until then, it is pure waiting...
24.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a great ring congrats! All rush jobs should be that pretty!
36.gif

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Think I should define the "rush job".

I knew all along that I am going to propose, if not this year, then early next year(she still doesn''t know, I told her to wait for another 2 years
3.gif
). Started my research on diamonds during mid-Oct, the usual 4Cs etc... I was reading at a few website tutorials when I stumbled upon this Singaporean guy who bought a ring from GOG, and he recommended PS.

I wanted to check out B&M first, but as I read along, I decided to forgo that process. I first wrote to GOG on 19th Nov, just to "check out" if they are as great as the PS community claims them to be. The initial response though not as prompt, they are very friendly and helpful. Jon then came in as I started to ask about the stones in more detail. He never fails to reply within a day. This checking out and learning process lasted till 3rd Dec.

By 10th Dec, I finally decided that I should buy from them. The "rushing" part started from this point on. Since I have about 2 weeks left, I needed GOG to check out the availability of the ring, arrange the setting etc... I made the TT on 13th Dec... There are some hic-cups along the way(rush what!) but finally the ring was ready and sent out on 17th Dec.

Cest tout!
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cadaver.....gulp......dare I ask how you picked your user name??????
6.gif
32.gif
Just kidding but I am interested to know!

mrssparkles

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2005 4:15:03 AM
Author:cadaver

I don''t think you will see a lot of Singaporeans buying erings, especially from as far as States.

if I can find the diamond I want, I wouldn''t resist being placed as another number is this statistic. Then again, who is collecting?
9.gif

Please post back here to let us know when the package arrives and all else that follow.

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Hey Lorel, no prob! Always glad to answer any questions: I have been using this handle in various places/sites since my schooldays I think. I did not have a car then, and wanted to get one. My name is Dave, so I combined ca-r to dave.
14.gif
Not literally of course, if not, mine will be a wedding from hell!?
29.gif

No other special meaning, just that this word exists.
9.gif

Hey Sparkles (fellow-Singaporean?)! Are you also looking for an ering? Have you visited the B&M in Singapore? Pretty pricey ya? Nowadays, B&Ms over here are offering storewide 50% discounts or so on their items. Shows how overpriced they are huh? I am also skeptical about those cheap ones from SK, Taka after going through the various tutorials. As this is meant to be a super surprise and I wouldn''t want to go into a B&M myself, ering is a safe bet, till now I think.

What kinda stone/setting are you looking for/for what occasion? Mind if I ask? I will update you guys on my movement once I receive my package.
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I was worried about the OTHER meaning of cadaver!
emotion-41.gif
I think you will be fun to have around here!
36.gif

mrssparkles

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 4:48:16 AM
Author: cadaver

Hey Sparkles (fellow-Singaporean?)! Are you also looking for an ering? Have you visited the B&M in Singapore? Pretty pricey ya? Nowadays, B&Ms over here are offering storewide 50% discounts or so on their items. Shows how overpriced they are huh? I am also skeptical about those cheap ones from SK, Taka after going through the various tutorials. As this is meant to be a super surprise and I wouldn't want to go into a B&M myself, ering is a safe bet, till now I think.

What kinda stone/setting are you looking for/for what occasion? Mind if I ask? I will update you guys on my movement once I receive my package.
11.gif
Hi Dave,

Yes, I am a Singaporean. No, I am not looking for a e-ring (engagement ring, you mean?). I am already a mother of 2
2.gif

I am looking for a loose Heart Shaped diamond to be set in a simple setting as a RHR (Right Hand Ring). I have the option of setting it as a pendant, but my husband thinks a ring would be better, since I can look and admire it. As a pendant, I can't!
9.gif

No, I do not buy my diamond jewellery from B&M; instead I buy from a friend who is a wholesaler. Yes, customers in Singapore are ripped off by B&M. I am looking in the US now (when I never really had to in all previous occasions, is because I need to widen my scope of search this time around) because I want something special that is not likely to be available in Singapore. My friend will have to source for it from the US anyway! So I thought I might as well have some fun hunting it down myself, and see who finds it first!
31.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful. Congratulations on a job well done. She will love it.

shay

cadaver

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 5:00:49 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks, I was worried about the OTHER meaning of cadaver!
emotion-41.gif
I think you will be fun to have around here!
36.gif
Don''t worry Lorel, though I look look like one
14.gif
doesn''t mean I am one!

Anyways, it is fun to be around here!
31.gif
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results