shape
carat
color
clarity

old+new rings=unique wedding set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marym

Shiny_Rock
Hi again everyone!

So last year I posted pics of my wonderful rainbow moonstone lotus ring from Sally, which I love but don''t really like to wear just on it''s own. It''s beautiful, but a little bit too ethereal for me. I tend to like rings with a little more "presence". Anyway, a few weeks ago I was going through all of the wonderful antique and antique style rings on the Marlene Harris Collection website, and I came across the yummiest 14k yellow gold floral wedding band. It is so beautiful and romantic. Well, I just had to have it, so I snapped it up!

To my surprise (strangely I didn''t make the connection until after I bought it), I discovered that it goes wonderfully with the moonstone lotus ring. I think they compliment each other perfectly, and so I thought I would share it with you all. I don''t plan on wearing it in place of my wedding set. I will probably wear them on my right hand, although I haven''t decided if it is too much to wear platinum on one hand and yellow gold on another. Anyway, on to the pics!

The first is just the wedding band by itself...

flowerband167.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
Ugg! having trouble with the pics...

Here they are together! (and a cute little ladybug!)
1.gif

ladybug1766.jpg

marym

Shiny_Rock
Darn, I was going to post a few more, but I''m having trouble resizing!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Really gorgeous together!!!! I adore!
36.gif

marym

Shiny_Rock
Aww, thanks Sylvie! That''s a beautiful ring in your avatar, btw!
26.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look really pretty together! How nice your moonstone has a friend now!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them together too! It makes a great set. It is nice to have an alternate wedding set as well too, but also just a stack for the right hand. What a stroke of good fortune for you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They really are gorgeous together!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty together!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Marym, your antique gold band is beautiful! It''s so rich and buttery, and I love the details on it.

Like you, I also like rings that have a presence to them.

But that moonstone ring is just mystical!
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great detail on the antique ring. The lotus and the new ring look great together.

brellymom

Shiny_Rock
I just love it when I purchase two things I love and then they work together. It looks like you planned the two - such a perfect match. They look great separate and almost better together!

marym

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I''m really pleased with the set. I also just received a couple of rings I ordered from Onegarnetgirl on Etsy. They turned out really nice too. I will start a thread on those soon. - I really must stop buying rings!

Sparklyforever- to answer your question, the moonstone ring is by an Etsy vendor named Sally. Her shop is called Heart of Water Jewels, and she is wonderful to work with.

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
beautiful! when I saw the photo of the yellow gold floral band, I totally had a moment of nostalgia b/c it''s so very similar to my mom''s wedding band that she wore when I was growing up. It was so familiar to me, in the way that only a mom''s hands can be to her little girl. Thanks for the nice memory marym! I love the two rings together!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
My jaw dropped when I seen this. I so love moonstone, but your setting and band is perfect all the way around for the stone. Just gorgeous!
23.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful band! and the moonstone looks wonderful paired with it. What a great find!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results