shape
carat
color
clarity

OECs in 8-prong martinis!! Chunky and Lopsy are home :-)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0.45 I I1 OEC
0.47 I SI1 Trans

14k WG 8-prong martinis by DanielM on Etsy
9.gif
Dan & Caren were fantastic to work with and the studs look fabulous!!!

Stones: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-chunky-and-lopsy-my-new-old-cuts.142547/

YssieOECs-1A.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YssieOECs-1B.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 8-prong settings add a lot of size to the stones, which was a nice surprise. These studs look much more substantial on the ear than my old 3-prong martinis, though the stones are the same diametres. Apparently bezels aren''t the only way to go up a cup size
36.gif

YssieOECs-1C.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YssieOECs-1D.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YssieOECs-1E.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YssieOECs-1F.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE that the backs of the heads on these settings are FLAT, not pointy like my old 3-prongs. The heads don't settle into my piercings and I don't have to worry about my holes stretching out, and they sit pressed up against the ear so there's no droop. I'm also loving the profile
9.gif

Glad to be rid of the screwbacks too
14.gif

YssieOECs-1G copy22.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
--

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had them solder a little bar between two prongs on each stud to attach danglies
1.gif

YssieOECs-1H.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile!!

YssieOECs-2A.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
closeup

YssieOECs-2B.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a little farther

YssieOECs-2C.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one for now
5.gif

YssieOECs-2D.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, I really really love these earrings to the point of being just a tad jealous!! They are so pretty, and such a great size, they look perfect on you! Congrats on getting such a lovely pair of earrings, I''m happy for you!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
They are really beautiful and I love the 8 prong setting. They really sit nice on the ear and they look great.

I was also wondering if you received your new ring yet. I can''t wait to see the pictures. Please post them soon!!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks swedish! The space is very small, so anything bigger than a tiny jump ring doesn't fit - I'm going to have to find some really small spring clasps!

Thank you junebug - you're sweet
5.gif
my FI actually chose the settings, and he's so excited that I'm loving them, it's so cute
1.gif

Farleysmom - thanks!!
9.gif
No new ring yet... I'm going nutty waiting. The stone had to be sent back to GIA for regrading, and WF just got it thursday so hopefully next week!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Yssie,
That is BRILLIANT what you did with the OEC sisters! I LOVE IT!!! Can''t wait to see what they will look like with dangles on! BTW, do you find buying settings from DanielM to be more economical than from WF?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOOOooooo Now I need some of these too.
11.gif

Soo soo pretty!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Zhu, tigian, and Jax - I'm SO happy with them
9.gif

Zhu - I didn't actually get a quote from WF, as I didn't think it would be significantly less than the 8-prong settings listed on the website even with 14k; I did find DanielM to be more economical. I'm not sure if DanielM used stock or handmade, and the finish isn't as perfect as something WF or BGD would produce, but the pricepoint was exactly what I was looking for and the earrings are really beautiful
5.gif
. The turnaround was very quick too - just about a week, and registered mail took another week to get to me.

Jax - yes, yes you do
11.gif
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
lovely yssie, great idea! And they look awesome on you
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks AJ!! I''ve officially joined the old cut club
4.gif

Mmm... I just had this lovely vision of your new 1.75 in a pair of studs
30.gif
31.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 11:10:03 PM
Author: yssie
Thanks Zhu, tigian, and Jax - I''m SO happy with them
9.gif

Zhu - I didn''t actually get a quote from WF, as I didn''t think it would be significantly less than the 8-prong settings listed on the website even with 14k; I did find DanielM to be more economical. I''m not sure if DanielM used stock or handmade, and the finish isn''t as perfect as something WF or BGD would produce, but the pricepoint was exactly what I was looking for and the earrings are really beautiful
5.gif
. The turnaround was very quick too - just about a week, and registered mail took another week to get to me.

Jax - yes, yes you do
11.gif
1.gif
So do tell where can I find stones like this in this size? And can you link me to DanielM on Etsy??
11.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2010 11:36:38 PM
Author: Jax172

So do tell where can I find stones like this in this size? And can you link me to DanielM on Etsy??
11.gif

I got the stones from an Ebay vendor several PSers have had good experiences with - http://stores.ebay.com/diamonddelights. I was lucky in that he happened to have two almost-matching stones in stock, I might have had to wait some time otherwise - he seems to restock every couple of weeks.

DanielMJewelry on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/danielmjewelry
If you do a search quite a few PSers have worked with them, too
1.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord yssie they are awesome!! I
30.gif
them!!

I am currently sporting a couple of sticky labels cut to the size of .4 carats on my ears for size..
3.gif
I was looking at 3 pronged martinis but now that you have said the 8 prongs add some size to them i might look at them instead!!

How do you like the size? Are you planning to wear them all the time? I love the attachment for the dangly bits idea.. that is awesome!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2010 11:38:17 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
I LOVE THEM!!!!

I WANT THEM!!!!

PLEASE
9.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Bella, my darling, thank you!! If you'd care to share your bezel danglies!

Though they're your 'wedding earrings' so I'd feel guilty keeping them. For a few minutes. Maybe. The sparkle is just so distracting
12.gif
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks HOT and Dandi!!!

HOT - just remember to take the stickies off before your DH comes home or you'll get some strange looks
1.gif
ask me how I know
20.gif

I really like the size. They're older stones so they have the same face-up spread as my old 0.86ctw RB pair - I think it's such a great everyday size, substantial enough to be visible and noticeable but never over the top. The 8prong setting definitely adds size
9.gif
Right now my favourite earrings are my baby bezels (I hardly ever wore my old martinis), but I'm hoping these give them some serious competition! I was worried 8prongs would be too much for such small stones - that they would cover too much stone, not let enough light in, highlight the fact that one of the stones is significantly out-of-round.. but each of the prongs is so small and dainty it's not an issue at all - they SPARKLE! And the fact that there's so many actually masks the lopsidedness very well. I think with earrings having dainty prongs isn't so much of an issue since there's so little wear and tear, so you get a bit more leeway.
Re. new earrings - please, please try on some different types before you purchase! I did everything wrong with my old pair - I chose 3prong martinis with pointy ends and I wound up hating the way they fit, I chose screwbacks and I always had bright red earlobes for twenty minutes after forcing them in.. should've spent a litttle more time at the jewellers!
39.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results