shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC, Transitional, and OMC Comparison.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was taking some pics of a few things today and thought PS'ers might find this picture interesting.

Left is a 5mm OEC.
Middle is a 5.7mm Transitional.
Right is a 5.3mm'ish OMC.

I didn't clean the stones all that well and the pic is not truly indicative of how they perform, but I thought getting them all on the same plane and seeing the differences was kind of fun.

The OMC was my first eBay stone purchase a while back and has a special place in my heart. Hopefully it'll go into a pendant someday soon!

Old Stone Rings Photo Shoot-1-19sm.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Great idea and fantastic photo - I don't know how you managed to get them all on the same plane so that none of the stones are tilted! Now I'm off to play 'which stone would celli pick'..... :naughty:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice comparison...thanks for posting!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha Celle, you should have seen me... I had the pillow lined up near a window on a chair with a blanket under it to keep it straight, and one of the diamonds went rolling. I could just see Julian swallowing it and later... well, I won't get graphic, HA. But yeah I was happy to get one pic where they were all on the same plane (or close to it). It's much harder with set stones.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Each a different flavor! Yum!

Mara, I have no wish to be contentious, but is the OMC out of round or is it just my old eyes? (stone on far RHS of screen)

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's completely out of round, Sharon..! I think it's something like 5.36x 4.65 or something. It's a crazy little thing but it's got great character.

The 5mm also has one tiny wonky corner, but not sure if it's visible in the photo. It's round otherwise.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is awesome! And great photography. The comparison is nice to see. :) Beautiful stones.

omc111

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comparison. The differences are so much easier to see when the stones are together in one photo. They're all beautiful diamonds

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, great picture of all three :) thanks for sharing!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally awesome comparison! And such gorgeous stones. I'm sure this will help many PS-ers! 8)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my effort to find a match I think I ended up with 1 each this time! I can't decide if my favorite is the OEC or transitional.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this picture Mara. Each of the stones are full of character, but my eyes go to the transitional every time. I just love the facet pattern on that one. Old cuts are quickly becoming my new favorites!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful photo! Each are so unique - I love that shot!

Any chance you have other "family" pics you might be able to post? They are gorgeous stones!

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
oh wow, this is seriously awesome! they are all amazing! :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: please post more pics if you have them!! such a great comparison.

purplesilk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful old friends!!!
I have a crush on the transitional... :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results