shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW OEC finally set, I have been holding out....

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I was reminded today I need to share my pretty new ring. The stone was the one mentioned in this thread about finding it on ebay and having single stone re-cut it. https://www.pricescope.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142112

No cert on this stone but I did get the ring independently appraised by Martin Fuller. I highly recommend him if you need an appraiser in the DC area.

Here is what he came up with:

Diamond
Shape: Old European cut
Quantity: 1, Mounted
Dimensions: Max.Diameter-8.57mm. ;
Min.Diameter-8.48mm. ;
Depth-4.53mm.
Depth Percentage: 53.1%
Table Percentage: 47%
Girdle: Slightly Thin - Thick, Faceted
Clarity: VS2
Color: L
Symmetry: Good
Culet: 0.5mm
Polish: Good
Fluorescence: None
Enhancements: None Apparent
Internal Inclusions: [1] Feather; [10] Feathered girdle
Additional Description: This diamond was examined as set.
EstimatedWeight: 2.06 carat

I was very surprised but the color he concluded but he used both a master set and one of those fancy readers. It was sold to me as an M and before it was re-cut Ari thought it looked more like an Q-R. Martin said the platinum and faceting the girdle improves color a lot and if it was ever unset he'd like to grade it again.

First I'll show you the inclusions. I thought this was so neat. There is a tiny curl feather and bearded girdle. He explained the bearded (or feathered) girdle is a stress fracture from the now obsolete practice of grounding diamond against diamond on a lathe to make an OEC round.

Curl Feather.jpg

Girdle Bearding 2.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Now you can see what a beautiful job Single Stone did not only with re-cutting the stone but setting it too. They do beautiful work at very fair prices. They are lovely people to deal with to boot. I love how low they were able to set it in keeping with the swallow cut of the stone.

026.JPG

025.JPG

024.JPG

023.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
:-o

I was going to holler at you for holding out, but....... I'm speechless!

me want.........

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word :-o

What an absolutely gorgeous ring Kelpie!!! The setting is so delicate, and complements the stone so perfectly...
:love: :love: :love:

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
WOW! I don't know which is more gorgeous-- the setting or the stone!! Beautiful ring!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Now for some hand shots. Those aren't my wedding bands, I actually took them so I could place those rings for sale but they look very pretty together.

007.JPG

005.JPG

002.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring - please don't stop with the pictures - I love the ring with those two bands too!

Stunning!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a Gorgeous OEC Diamond and setting! :love: The ring and the two bands to look BEAUTIFUL together! :love:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow Kelpie! Please post more pics! It's gorgeous!

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Holy freakin... I just have no words. That is SPECTACULAR. I have had my eye on a singlestone setting but this. WOW.

Seriously, this may be my new favorite PS ring. And there have been quite a few contenders lately!

I just love the side accents, its like flames wrapping the stone.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelpie, it's seriously gorgeous!!! :shock: Wow!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunning kelpie! I love the setting and really love it with the two bands! Congrats on a successful makeover!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kelpie, I was fascinated with the tremendous results of the recut of your stone, and I am no less intrigued with the setting! I love the proportions of prongs, but that OEC is simply a star! Congratulations on such a gorgeous ring!!!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wahoooooo! Simply perfect! What a gorgeous ring! :love: :love:

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen that setting in person and it's beautiful! I saw the thread of your great re-cut; thanks for coming back to show us the ring!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
What a great job they did Kelpie!!! You must be ecstatic :lickout: The ring.. the setting.. the whole package is absolutely gorgeous!!! I think those bands compliment it nicely too

Bagel_Bandit

Rough_Rock
Oh, Kelpie, I gasped out loud at those hand shots. The L color gives your stone such a soft and luminous glow. Beautiful! The setting is nothing to sneeze at, either. :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Kelpie your ring is stunning, one of my PS favorites for sure! I just showed DH and told him I needed one of those.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh wow, it's really gorgeous! The stone is beautiful and the setting is lovely. So delicate and unique. Wear it well!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
WOW WOW WOW!!! What a beautiful diamond and the setting compliments it perfectly! My jaw hit the floor when I saw these pics. LOL The bands look great with it too. Congrats on such a beautiful set! :love: :love: :love:

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Wow.... so amazing... I'm very jealous. You're a lucky lady.

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Utterly spectacular. Might be an all-time favorite, period. You are a lucky lady! :love:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your taste is impecable! What a great combo of a beautiful stone and beautiful setting! Your new ring looks great with those bands. You must keep them! :love: :love: :love:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I shall try this post again. I had to delete my last one because I messed it up! I love the new setting and the diamond is stunning. How do you feel about the L colour? Are all OEC diamonds lower colours? I think they have a lovely look to them and wonder if they would look as pretty colourless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results