shape
carat
color
clarity

New studs from BGD and a little bit of sunshine from DBL!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! So I've been lurking on pricescope for a year or two now... Always sighing over everyone's gorgeous pieces and browsing vendor sites, not thinking that I would ever be able to add anything here myself.

However, the effects of lurking on here were too strong!! I caved this year and made two purchases recently- a fancy intense yellow ring from DBL and a pair of studs from BGD during the Black Friday sale. I hadn't been planning on buying any studs- my old pair where from DH and were a promise gift but I really wanted something super ideal cut and I'm too sentimental to ever upgrade my e ring... So this was a bit of a compromise. That, and after seeing everyone's amazing bling I wanted to get something a little bigger... So I thought I would get some occasion studs :angel: (my old pair is 0.5ctw which I find great for every day wear).

My BGD studs arrived yesterday- they were completed ahead of schedule as I had been planning on getting them to hold shipment as I am going away on holiday. The service was amazing!! I have gone on a short day trip right now so I only have glamour shots but will be snapping some pics when I return.

The studs are 1.18 ctw, K colour VS2 stones set in 8 prong settings. The sparkle is phenomenal! I was worried about dropping down to K but the colour isn't an issue at all Coz it's all sparkle!
Here are the glamour shots:

image_217.jpg

:image_220.jpg

Just prior to this, I had been working with DBL. my budget is quite limited but I have a thing for FCDs... :shifty:
Ultimately, it led to the creation of this beauty. Sorry I only have an iPhone to take photos on... The yellow is amazingly bright in person. There's no cup as the diamond was yellow enough to pop without it.
It's a 0.6ct eye clean I1 fancy intense (borderline vivid) yellow cushion set in a hand forged setting, size 4.5. I now proudly wear her as a right hand ring!

image_171.jpg

image_219.jpg

I will upload some proper pics of the earrings as soon as I get home!!

Thanks for looking! :angel:

Q

Queenie60

Re: New studs from BGD and a little bit of sunshine from DBL

Beautiful ring! I love fancy yellows. Your studs are lovely as well. Enjoy your new bling!! :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Wow! Both of your purchases are beautiful! I love the settings you chose for your earrings! :love: They look lovely! Congrats on your new ring too! It's such a sunny yellow! :love: So glad you decided to share the pics! :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love them both! (I love the 8 prong setting on the earrings.)

Consider yourself assimilated...resistance is futile! :cheeky:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful additions - enjoy your new sparklies!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous fancy yellow. Looks beautiful and delicate on your hand. And who can NOT love BGD studs? Congratulations!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeously yummy!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are both very classic items. Love them!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Both of them are beautiful. Enjoy them.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you everyone!!

I've been trying to take a few more photos with my phone with great difficulty... Apologies for the poor photos but you get the idea! :twirl:

I included my ering and wedding band in because why not?!

My ering is a GIA triple ex 1.5ct F that my DH sourced from a local jeweller (I knew nothing of this purchase when it was taking place). I'm colour sensitive so can easily see the difference between the K and F stones but as they are earrings, it doesn't bother me much.
The wedding band is by the same jeweller as my ering but of my own design, with pink melee fading out to white.

image_221.jpg

image_222.jpg

image_223.jpg

image_224.jpg

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

Crystal_Dreams|1449973319|3960812 said:
Thank you everyone!!

I've been trying to take a few more photos with my phone with great difficulty... Apologies for the poor photos but you get the idea! :twirl:

I included my ering and wedding band in because why not?!

My ering is a GIA triple ex 1.5ct F that my DH sourced from a local jeweller (I knew nothing of this purchase when it was taking place). I'm colour sensitive so can easily see the difference between the K and F stones but as they are earrings, it doesn't bother me much.
The wedding band is by the same jeweller as my ering but of my own design, with pink melee fading out to white.

image_221.jpg

image_222.jpg

image_223.jpg

image_224.jpg

I'm very late to this thread, but I adore your collection, especially your wedding set, Crystal_Dreams!!! :love: :love: :love: Truly. Your e-ring is really unique and very unlike everything I've ever seen on PS. Can I please ask for eight million more photos (underneath, N/S/E/W side views, handshots from above and the side with the wedding band)?!? :oops:

And I love how you chose to use the different colored melee in your wedding band. That is so creative and neat! Does the color graduate from fancy intense pink in the center, to fancy pink, to fancy light pink, to colorless? Does the band work with your DBL FIY halo ring?

Thanks so much for sharing! :appl:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you for your lovely compliments on my set!! I'm sorry I didn't notice your post earlier :) Will have to see if I can take some more shots for you.

In answer to your question re: my band, from memory, the middle stone was graded 3pp (I think this is under the Argyle grading for intensity? I'm not sure how that translates to GIA grading), flanked by 4pp stones on either side, then 5pp then 6pp :) Since they're so small, I wanted rose gold to help bring out the colour a bit more.

My wedding band does in fact sit flush with my right hand ring too. I suppose it's the design- given it curves, it will fit with most rings. I actually wear it alone on most days as I work in a place where I'm constantly washing my hands and ripping gloves on and off! I'm paranoid that I might rip off my e-ring one day in my gloves and toss it into the bin without noticing, so it stays safely at home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Crystal Dreams, LOVE your studs and sunshiny ring. Beautiful. :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful additions! COngrats on them! (I have the same 8 prong settings for my BGD studs and love them- so comfortable!)

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

Crystal_Dreams|1486732150|4126967 said:
Thank you for your lovely compliments on my set!! I'm sorry I didn't notice your post earlier :) Will have to see if I can take some more shots for you.

In answer to your question re: my band, from memory, the middle stone was graded 3pp (I think this is under the Argyle grading for intensity? I'm not sure how that translates to GIA grading), flanked by 4pp stones on either side, then 5pp then 6pp :) Since they're so small, I wanted rose gold to help bring out the colour a bit more.

My wedding band does in fact sit flush with my right hand ring too. I suppose it's the design- given it curves, it will fit with most rings. I actually wear it alone on most days as I work in a place where I'm constantly washing my hands and ripping gloves on and off! I'm paranoid that I might rip off my e-ring one day in my gloves and toss it into the bin without noticing, so it stays safely at home.

I'm so happy you saw my comment, Crystal_Dreams! There's no rush for photos- anytime it's convenient for you will do. Thanks for the clarification! :bigsmile: ::)

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock

I just wanted to say I love your jewelry choices. Your e ring and wedding band are so unique; it's refreshing to see something different from the norm but still so beautiful.

I also look over your intense yellow ring. It's just gorgeous and it looks perfect on your hand.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very classic but unique choices. Great design on the wedding band. Congrats on your recent purchases. :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful bling, especially the yellow diamond ring! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results