shape
carat
color
clarity

New pics of OEC!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I just picked this up today but it''s overcast today in Melbourne, so here are some indoor shots. The diamond still looks very lemony to me even after it''s been set. The extra body colour is taking some getting used to, but I love the big blocky sparkles and the character it displays in dim lighting. I am terrible with the digital camera, so I couldn''t quite capture the character of the diamond but it''s the best I can do for now
12.gif
Any ideas for settings would be greatly appreciated! I don''t think this knife edge setting does anything for Little L at all.

CIMG1550.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Showing how intense the body colour is from the side...

CIMG1555.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Next to my RB to show difference in colour. My RB is about an H and hasn''t been cleaned in a week!

CIMG1560.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
To show the way they reflect light differently... from a distance, the OEC looks a lot ''brighter'' than my RB

CIMG1562.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
It glows blue under my study lamp
33.gif

CIMG1567.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Ted E Bear is nosing in on the action

CIMG1568.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Little L likes pink satin

CIMG1569.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
It sparkles under my study lamp

CIMG1573.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Flashes of fire.

Thanks for letting me share
1.gif

CIMG1575.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love OECs. I think it has your RB beat by a landslide (IMHO)!!
30.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wolftress, I love it even MORE now! It is just gorgeous, and I love the warmth of it! I can''t wait to see how you end up setting it permanently!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
somethingshiny, thank you! I think it shows a lot more character than my RB.

SDL, thank you! Any ideas for a re-set?

Harleigh, I''m glad you mentioned the warmth! I''m still trying to get used to it. My H was a creamy white, but this one is definitely pale yellow.

asscherisme, it''s a K or L depending on who you believe. I think it looks closer to an L or even an M by GIA standards. It''s weird but the extra body colour seems to make the fire flashes a lot more intense.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, ericad! I do like having small fingers, I just wish they were longer so I could stack rings!

I can''t wait to see handshots of your gorgeous OMC!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
The sun came out today, so I managed to get a sunshine shot. It''s so hard to photograph OECs... the pics keep coming out overexposed, or the camera focuses on my hand instead of the diamond
33.gif

CIMG1583.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s just stunning! I want one, I want one! (Jumping up and down gleefully!
36.gif
)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!! I love the sun pic!!

I really do want one too.
27.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! Thanks for more pics! Gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Harleigh, Gypsy, DiamondSeeker and Skippy!

Can anyone suggest a few places I can get pre-made antique settings? I''d love to go custom, but I''ve decided to hold off on that for the time being.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Love the pictures, especially the one in the sun! Beautiful!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://jewelry.listings.ebay.com/Platinum_Art-Nouveau-Art-Deco-1895-1935_W0QQfclZ3QQfromZR11QQsacatZ52587QQsocmdZListingItemList

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-18KW-GOLD-FILIGREE-MOUNTING-SCRAP-OR-WEAR-NR_W0QQitemZ180158783637QQihZ008QQcategoryZ52577QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem This one has promise. I''d personally put two sapphires or other colored stones in there as side stones (Jeff white could custom cut a couple of stones for it... spinels would be lovely too) send the entire set to Quest or Wink for mounting and repair, if needed. Of have Wink or Quest fill the areas with some lovely white gold filigree work for you, I''m sure they can do that. Has a lot of promise that mounting0-- IF your stone is 6 x 6... I can''t remember now, sorry!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, thank you so much for the links ericad and Gypsy!

IndyGem and MelsAntiqueJewellery have gorgeous stuff, but a bit out of my price range for the moment.

I think the real problem with getting a non custom setting for me is my scrawny fingers! Most common sizes can''t be resized to a 2.75.

I love this one from AntiqueEngagementRings.com but I''m worried my diamond has too much body colour for it, and I should be going for a more enclosed setting? I also think AntiqueEngagementRings doesn''t do resizing

38.gif

L1005Awlftrseg.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the stone is gorgeous!!!!
3.gif
It looks so white face-up too!
So what kind of setting are you thinking of now? ETA -- Just saw the setting you posted, its beautiful! Something along those lines would be perfect IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results