shape
carat
color
clarity

New Half Eternity with 5 Stone E-ring! Yay!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently reset my e-ring into a five stone, and honestly, it felt kinda incomplete. Kinda lonely. I found this great half eternity that I plan on wearing between my original wedding band and the e-ring. Believe it or not, this finger feels complete now. And there isn't much real estate left to stack more. ;-) It seems like the small band actually makes the e-ring stand out even more. How does that happen?? Even I have to avert my eyes sometimes, so much bling!

two_rings.jpg

On my 8 year old daughter's pretty hand:

on_llew.jpg
on_llew_2.jpg

band_profile.jpg

On my yucky hands:

2_bands.jpg
all_from_distance.jpg
back_view.jpgall_profile.jpg
all_2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!
Do you also have some pics with the plain band in the middle?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really good!! No wonder you are thrilled - fabulous!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: The perfect compliment to your gorgeous 5 stone!!!

I love all 3 of your rings stacked and I love it alone... and I love it with just the 5 stone!! Gorgeous!!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved your reset with just the plain band, but I love it even more with the new eternity!! Gorgeous!!!! :love: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty set! It looks perfect.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1375263229|3493556 said:
Gorgeous!
Do you also have some pics with the plain band in the middle?

Here it is with the band in the middle.
band_in_middle.jpg

It's interesting. It looks better than I had thought. I might wear it this way sometimes too.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So a weird thing started to happen. With all three rings on one finger, I noticed that the underside of my finger seemed really red, kinda swollen. I think three rings are cutting off my circulation!! :lol: :lol:

OMG! The things we endure to stack. So I moved the plain wedding band to the right hand, which I actually like. I wore it for most of the day with just the two rings, and I really like it!! Yay! I think this is how we're going from now on. Much more comfortable. :)

2_bling_3.jpg
2_bling_2.jpg
2_bling.jpg

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
What are you talking about? You have beautiful hands!

My favorite look is the e-ring with the half eternity. :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T, Enerchi, DandiAndi, luv2sparkle, Elysian, thank you. You all know cause you've been here longer than I. It's like this constant searching of finding just the right combination. Thanks for not judging all the craziness. My girlfriends think I've totally lost it. :rolleyes: But you all understand... :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1375334458|3494331 said:
Alex T, Enerchi, DandiAndi, luv2sparkle, Elysian, thank you. You all know cause you've been here longer than I. It's like this constant searching of finding just the right combination. Thanks for not judging all the craziness. My girlfriends think I've totally lost it. :rolleyes: But you all understand... :)

Oh don't worry hon, we all lost it long ago, you're in great company :bigsmile: :bigsmile: LOVE the eternity with just the 5 stone, perfection!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great together! Very blingy! 8)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the new band with your 5 stone! It's perfect! I prefer it without the wide plain band in the middle, though if you're going to wear it like that, you may need a thin spacer in between so that the diamonds don't all rub together....

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfect--a beautiful set!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new blingy stack too!! (And much better for your circulation). Perhaps the mega stack feels better in a colder period :bigsmile:
All the combos are great!!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1375334048|3494327 said:
So a weird thing started to happen. With all three rings on one finger, I noticed that the underside of my finger seemed really red, kinda swollen. I think three rings are cutting off my circulation!! :lol: :lol:

OMG! The things we endure to stack. So I moved the plain wedding band to the right hand, which I actually like. I wore it for most of the day with just the two rings, and I really like it!! Yay! I think this is how we're going from now on. Much more comfortable. :)

2_bling_3.jpg
2_bling_2.jpg
2_bling.jpg

Oh I love love love this!! Inspiration for my own set! Fabulous! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band looks amazing with your ering! I absolutely love them together! :love:

allie83

Rough_Rock
Love your new band! It makes a beautiful set. Where did you get the band?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love lots of bling :love: beautiful set, but you really should get a very thin band to put between the rings, otherwise the diamonds will eat up the settings....

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock
The new band and your Ering look amazing together! Your 5 stone has once again confused me about what type of setting I like best. I’ve never been drawn to larger stones on the band but I LOVE yours. The balance is just right.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1375362518|3494436 said:
I love the new band with your 5 stone! It's perfect! I prefer it without the wide plain band in the middle, though if you're going to wear it like that, you may need a thin spacer in between so that the diamonds don't all rub together....

Hi Yenny, thanks for the reminder. It made me go grab my loupe and check out just to see where the rings are rubbing. So it turns out that all the metal around the five stone rubs against the metal of the half eternity. I've rubbed the rings up and down, left and right, and all just metal to metal contact. It turns out that the metal part of the eternity sticks out further than the stones by the teensiest little bit. I can't tell from the naked eye, but I can see it under the loupe. I have to say I am impressed by the jeweler. I think I might ask him to make a full. Yay!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1375397840|3494864 said:
Love your new blingy stack too!! (And much better for your circulation). Perhaps the mega stack feels better in a colder period :bigsmile:
All the combos are great!!!

You're not kidding. My finger does feel so much better without the heavy stack. I never realized how my band cut off my circulation so much!! I've had the sucker on for 16 years, and no wonder my finger is all deformed!! :lol:

Now I will just mess up my right hand. ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1375531971|3495869 said:
I love lots of bling :love: beautiful set, but you really should get a very thin band to put between the rings, otherwise the diamonds will eat up the settings....

Hi diamondrnglover, thanks for bringing that up. Your comment and Yenny's made me grab the loupe. I am lucky. Like I told Yennyfire, it's metal against metal. The metal on the pave eternity sticks out just a little farther than the stones, only detectable under my loupe. And the 5 stone is covered up almost all the way on the sides. Phew!! Thanks for reminding me though! :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
allie83|1375494494|3495735 said:
Love your new band! It makes a beautiful set. Where did you get the band?

Hi Allie83, thank you so much. I bought it from an old school jeweler in Hong Kong, one my family has been going to for the past 70 odd years. I was on vacay, and of course had to jewelry shop. You wouldn't believe how cheap labor is there. Materials cost is about the same. I would be embarrassed to tell you how much I paid for it. :)

krimisha

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1375249724|3493500 said:
I recently reset my e-ring into a five stone, and honestly, it felt kinda incomplete. Kinda lonely. I found this great half eternity that I plan on wearing between my original wedding band and the e-ring. Believe it or not, this finger feels complete now. And there isn't much real estate left to stack more. ;-) It seems like the small band actually makes the e-ring stand out even more. How does that happen?? Even I have to avert my eyes sometimes, so much bling!

two_rings.jpg

On my 8 year old daughter's pretty hand:

on_llew.jpg
on_llew_2.jpg

band_profile.jpg

On my yucky hands:

2_bands.jpg
all_from_distance.jpg
back_view.jpgall_profile.jpg
all_2.jpg

Very nice ER and band. Can I request you to post close up pics of your 5 stone E-Ring?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

It's been a long time. My stone is no longer in this setting. Here is the link to the original thread. Sorry my pics are pretty bad. I probably used an iphone to take most of them.

I don't recommend that big protruding center stone setting. I kept whacking it on stuff. Set way too high, and way too industrial looking. I do love how the side stones were set. If you are considering a five stone setting, I would definitely recommend something custom b/c the proportions and height of the stone are very important. And b/c there are so many larger stones, you will want all the prongs and the setting for all the stones to flow together nicely. Otherwise you will have a very disjointed look, like this old setting.

It's super blingy, and I got a lot of compliments IRL, but after looking at how refined and sophisticated many of these settings on PS are, you will see what is missing from this setting. I ended up getting a new setting from Victor Canera. He can do a five stone, but he will only use your center stone. You will need him to source your side stones through him.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-reset-finally-my-pretty-stone-is-home.190977/

krimisha

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1434758103|3891527 said:
Hi,

It's been a long time. My stone is no longer in this setting. Here is the link to the original thread. Sorry my pics are pretty bad. I probably used an iphone to take most of them.

I don't recommend that big protruding center stone setting. I kept whacking it on stuff. Set way too high, and way too industrial looking. I do love how the side stones were set. If you are considering a five stone setting, I would definitely recommend something custom b/c the proportions and height of the stone are very important. And b/c there are so many larger stones, you will want all the prongs and the setting for all the stones to flow together nicely. Otherwise you will have a very disjointed look, like this old setting.

It's super blingy, and I got a lot of compliments IRL, but after looking at how refined and sophisticated many of these settings on PS are, you will see what is missing from this setting. I ended up getting a new setting from Victor Canera. He can do a five stone, but he will only use your center stone. You will need him to source your side stones through him.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-reset-finally-my-pretty-stone-is-home.190977/

Thank you so much for the tips. I really did like the setting but I'll keep all that you wrote in mind when I go for a new reset. If you don't mind, can we request you to post pictures of how your wedding ring and ER are currently set?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
krimisha|1434764637|3891585 said:
LLJsmom|1434758103|3891527 said:
Hi,

Thank you so much for the tips. I really did like the setting but I'll keep all that you wrote in mind when I go for a new reset. If you don't mind, can we request you to post pictures of how your wedding ring and ER are currently set?

Thanks Krimisha, I'll bump the old thread. Just look for it to pop up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results