shape
carat
color
clarity

New E-ring upgrade - 1.5 Marq. w/tapered baguettes

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

This is my early 25th anniversary upgrade (April anniversary!). I started my search early and found this vintage setting and fell in love.

The marq. is a 1.48, SI2 (eye clean), I color, med. blue flor. The baguettes are .20 each. The setting is platinum and circa late 40's-50's.

She is eye clean, but her 'flaws' pop out in macro setting pics, which make it harder to photograph, but in person it sparkles like crazy and is a beautiful diamond.

I know marquise diamonds are not 'in favor' at the moment, but as I was married with a marquise shape diamond and had been through several different shapes over the years, I felt nostalgic for my original e-ring when I saw this one and had to have it! Of course this one is a lot bigger than my original. ;-)

I don't have my wedding band yet, but I am playing with some different style bands until I find what I really want.

039.JPG

041.JPG

043.JPG

032.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very nice! :love: That setting is a classic and very complimentary to the marquise! I really like the look!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Motownmama and Diamond seeker!

I love the classic lines of the setting too.

Thank you Amy!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love classic settings. I think it's beautiful.

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Nice ring. I particularly like the look of the baguettes on the sides. They nicely complement the center marquise stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the setting for your stone - it looks beautiful on your hand! Enjoy!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you gemgirl and Diamondsdiamonds!

I was drawn to the proportions of this ring, I liked the shape of the marquise (not too skinny) and the balance with the baguettes. :))

Thank you MissGot Rocks!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful. Congratulations on your 25th anniversary.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love marquise and your ring is awesome! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring and think is is perfect! I also have a tapered baguette setting and think it is timeless! Enjoy!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the nice comments Bella Mezzo, Marcy, Sharon, minmin and Emeraldcrazed! :wavey:

I am enjoying my new e-ring!! =) And will post more pics when I have some shots with bands too.

Any suggestions for wedding bands? I don't want a matchy matchy look, but don't want to interfere with the sleek look of the e-ring either. Has been a challenge so far. I have a plain band which looks nice with it, but I would also like a blingy band too, not a huge one, but something sparkly.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful marquise! My mom has a marquise cut and I have always loved them on long, slender fingers like yours and hers. Congrats on 25 years...wear it in good health!

For bands, what about an eternity style with alternating rounds and baguettes?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your marquise looks enormous! I LOVE the setting! Congratulations! :love: :love: :love:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
It is so pretty and big.. Definitely an eye-catcher.. Stunning :naughty:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Mrsacornblue, April baby, Mitsui4, Imdanny and lknvrb4!!! :wavey:

I've had the ring for a couple of months now...it did seem huge at first, as my last ring was an OMC .77, but I am used to it now and think it's just the right size for me. No DSS!!! :bigsmile:

I may post some pics later with the plain wedding band to get some opinions on that... I do like the plain band for every day, but would like some bling too. =)

Thanks again everyone for your comments!!! I wasn't sure how a marquise would be received here, but I love it and that's what matters. And DH loves it too. ::)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!! You must be thrilled!!!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Tyty and stargurl! :))

Tyty, I noticed your setting is similar, yours is a pear, right? Do you have a link to the e-ring by itself?

katiedub

Rough_Rock
i loveeee this look! i hope to one day set my RB in this type of setting! congrats! :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW Beautiful! Look at that fire!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Congrats on your 25th!!!! :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Really lovely congratulations on 25 years :))

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I love marquises (or any beautiful fancy cuts for that matter)!
:love:
I'm so glad you decided to go with it. It looks huge, bright and beautiful! I hope you come back with more pictures!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous marquise cut! It looks perfect in that setting!

Enjoy your new upgrade!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results