shape
carat
color
clarity

New Camera = LOTS of Pictures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Suzy

I researched the heck out of Canon digitals and that one came up on top. I ordered an extra mem card, so now she can snap away. Do you have a case?

Your photos are stunning and a testament to not only the camera, but your skills.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 1:54:35 PM
Author: Ann
Suzy

I researched the heck out of Canon digitals and that one came up on top. I ordered an extra mem card, so now she can snap away. Do you have a case?

Your photos are stunning and a testament to not only the camera, but your skills.
Yes, I have two cases. One small one that is just for the camera all by itself and a second one that the small case fits into that also has room for all the attachments, charger, cables, memory cards, flash card usb plug in, instruction book etc.

If money is not too tight, I would recommend a separate 2GB memory card so she can take some short videos of her friends and an extra battery so you can keep one charged up and ready to go. Amazon has a special on a small leather case, extra battery and neck lanyard for $56.00 here''s the link

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Accessory-SD700-Cameras/dp/B000FJUMWC/sr=8-4/qid=1163012583/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/102-5560507-6088114?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
WOW,WOW,WOW!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
love the new pics, Suzy. Thank you for sharing them and the stats on the camera.

shay

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 2:59:54 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
wow, this first flower pic is WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Hey, can I put a request in for you too? hahaha (still greedy) can I see a super close up of your 'mirror' and the gap between it and the diamond? 'cause you KNOW my ring has a mirror too and I love yours so much I want a pic to show my jeweler!!!
Will this do?
The diamonds sit really, really close to the "mirror" part of the ring. Just one millimeter at most. It almost looks like they are actually touching, but they aren't. I can get brush bristles in there without them getting stuck, but that's all the space there is, just enough for a bristle length to pass under. I think the closer the culet is to the mirror surface the better the reflection back and forth is. I'm no expert, but that's why I think both of my rings are set so low and close to the mirror.

RHRSideViewSuzyQz.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
And how about this one too?

PrincessSideViewSuzyQZ.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 9:32:42 AM
Author: Sundial
Oh Suzy I'm so glad to see that you did post some more pictures for us! You and your new camera did an incredible job. When I saw that first flower shot it just took my breath away your ring is so beautiful!!!
30.gif
I also especially liked the one on your husband's shaving brush. Actually all of the shots are amazing and both your rings are down right gorgeous. I like your watch and bracelet too. Can we have a close up and some details on that bracelet? Thanks for sharing all your goodies! Now I have to go back through this thread and admire some more!!!
This is as good as I could get. The bracelet is at the jewelers along with my rings for its polish and cleaning. I'll have everything back by this weekend.

BraceletCloseUpSuzyQZ.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That''s a pretty good shot - thanks. Your bracelet is unusual and classic at the same time. It is just lovely!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 5:29:56 PM
Author: SuzyQZ

Hey, can I put a request in for you too? hahaha (still greedy) can I see a super close up of your ''mirror'' and the gap between it and the diamond? ''cause you KNOW my ring has a mirror too and I love yours so much I want a pic to show my jeweler!!!
Will this do?
The diamonds sit really, really close to the ''mirror'' part of the ring. Just a few millimeters at most. It almost looks like they are actually touching, but they aren''t. I can get brush bristles in there without them getting stuck, but that''s all the space there is, just enough for a bristle length to pass under. I think the closer the culet is to the mirror surface the better the reflection back and forth is. I''m no expert, but that''s why I think both of my rings are set so low and close to the mirror.
I like the airy look of diamonds with a lot of space around them, but I agree - I think that for the mirror effect to work the way I want it to (to intensify light return) it should be close... my ring is a bit more closed in than yours because it has a V that is more like a windo really than the whole open side you have.... and part of me wants to make it all bigger so I can see the diamond better, and part of me wants to leave it tight so it will work better. Light doesn''t disappear, it bounces around and if it is going to leave the bottom of my stone I either want it to go back up into the diamond or out the windows :D

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pictures! WOW!!!!
30.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 7:12:21 PM

Date: 11/8/2006 5:29:56 PM

Hey, can I put a request in for you too? hahaha (still greedy) can I see a super close up of your 'mirror' and the gap between it and the diamond? 'cause you KNOW my ring has a mirror too and I love yours so much I want a pic to show my jeweler!!!
Will this do?
The diamonds sit really, really close to the 'mirror' part of the ring. Just a few millimeters at most. It almost looks like they are actually touching, but they aren't. I can get brush bristles in there without them getting stuck, but that's all the space there is, just enough for a bristle length to pass under. I think the closer the culet is to the mirror surface the better the reflection back and forth is. I'm no expert, but that's why I think both of my rings are set so low and close to the mirror.
I like the airy look of diamonds with a lot of space around them, but I agree - I think that for the mirror effect to work the way I want it to (to intensify light return) it should be close... my ring is a bit more closed in than yours because it has a V that is more like a windo really than the whole open side you have.... and part of me wants to make it all bigger so I can see the diamond better, and part of me wants to leave it tight so it will work better. Light doesn't disappear, it bounces around and if it is going to leave the bottom of my stone I either want it to go back up into the diamond or out the windows :D
Cehrabehra:

If my stones were set any closer they would be resting on the ring LOL! I'm excited about your ring, I can't wait to see pictures. I thought I read somewhere that you had a wax done already. Did you post pictures of your wax? I couldn't find it. If you post a link, I'd love to go have a look-see. I'm sure your ring will be fantastic. You have the most beautiful diamond, your setting will only enhance it's natural beauty. I'll be anxiously awaiting news of your new creation!!! I know you have put so much effort into this, now it's time to make all your ideas a reality and bring your baby home!!!!
9.gif

SuperCloseUpSuzyQZ.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 7:45:24 PM

Cehrabehra:

If my stones were set any closer they would be resting on the ring LOL! I''m excited about your ring, I can''t wait to see pictures. I thought I read somewhere that you had a wax done already. Did you post pictures of your wax? I couldn''t find it. If you post a link, I''d love to go have a look-see. I''m sure your ring will be fantastic. You have the most beautiful diamond, your setting will only enhance it''s natural beauty. I''ll be anxiously awaiting news of your new creation!!! I know you have put so much effort into this, now it''s time to make all your ideas a reality and bring your baby home!!!!
9.gif
oooh this shot is even better!!! Mine is going to be set only about 1/2 mm abov the metal, I''m just wondering how close the sides should be. My stone profile is very much like yours except the crown height... I swear my stone is like a combo between an asscher and a radiant LOL It isn''t a step cut, but because it totally invites your eye in to look at the facets like an asscher does.... but at the ends I get those millions of tiny sparkles like a radiant or a princess gets.

Anyway... sure I''ll link you, but be warned - they are NOT done. I *hope* I can get some new pics tomorrow ::crossing fingers:: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/desperately-seeking-ideas.51678/page-2 I''m kind of embarrassed by them.... they''re still a bit chunky - prong tips are wrong etc. Also those aer 1 pointers and we''re doing 1.5 pointers. there is so much still wrong with this wax, but you get the *general* idea of the overlapping 8 prongs, the bowl, the bevel etc.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
If you are so kind, a few more pictures I just had to include.... This IS a sickness. Someone stop me please!!!!!

colorsSuzyQZ.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
sleeping on the job!

SleepingontheJobSuzyQZ.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
mirror mirror on the wall!!!

MirrorReflexionsSuzyQZ.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 8:32:12 PM
If you are so kind, a few more pictures I just had to include.... This IS a sickness. Someone stop me please!!!!!
I''m not gonna stop you!!!! I love your rings!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
OK, this is really the last one I SWEAR!!!!!!!

SleepyGirlSuzyQz.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
SanDiegoLady: Thank you. I just loved your wedding pictures btw! It really was a fairy tale wedding!!! Loved the surpise on your husbands face when he finally saw "the" ring
36.gif

Shay 37 and Irish Angel: Thank you for looking and enjoying along with me.
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Those photos are nothing short of AMAZING!!! Wow! Beautiful rings and jewelry, and now you have these really professional looking photos of them.

Thanks for sharing!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Did I say last one?... I lied
Look, I caught them in my satin sheets, naughty rings
31.gif
!

BetweentheSheetsSuzyQZ.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 8:50:06 PM
31.gif
!
OMG Suzy I think I need a cigarette (and I don''t even smoke)!
3.gif
What a picture!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
on gold christmas bows!

RibbonsandbowsSuzyQZ2.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Peaches, no cream!

PeachesNoCreamSuzyQZ.jpg

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the gorgeous pictures. I was sitting at work with papers scattered everywhere getting more depressed by the minute when I thought I''d check in on pricescope to see if there were any new pictures today. So thank you so much the photos are beautiful. I''m feeling better already. I already loved your tension rings and they are even more amazing with the new camera.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
lumpkin: Thanks for the kudos!
16.gif

Sundial: Thanks for coming back, you are so kind!
12.gif

Bluekeet: YOU made my day! If my little pictures made you smile, then that is what it's all about!
36.gif

OK, well I'm off to have dinner with my family now, so "toddle loo" and enjoy!

I'll check back tomorrow!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 8:55:36 PM
Author: Sundial

31.gif
!
OMG Suzy I think I need a cigarette (and I don''t even smoke)!
3.gif
What a picture!!!
ROTFLMAO! *handing Sundial a cig*
9.gif

Suzy, your pics are amazing!! And I hear you on the scrataches. I take my ring off for SO many things, and in just 6 months, it''s a mess. You can''t see it in real life, but good lord, between the macro and bright sun/light, I almost don''t want to post pics anymore. Bout time for a shine.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif
!
well if you just put that head a little further in the hole between the shanks... oy, talk about diamond ****!!!!! lmao!!!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 11:20:01 PM

31.gif
!
well if you just put that head a little further in the hole between the shanks... oy, talk about diamond ****!!!!! lmao!!!
LOL, very naughty!
3.gif

Suzy, those are some beaaaautiful pics and amaaaazing rings! Modern, classic, and elegant at the same time. Perfection!
36.gif
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 11:45:58 PM
Author: LizzieC

LOL, very naughty!
3.gif

Suzy, those are some beaaaautiful pics and amaaaazing rings! Modern, classic, and elegant at the same time. Perfection!
36.gif
30.gif
lol lizzie - it was just way too easy lol

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
You captured some amazing shots with your new camera. LOVE the naked side shots!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

Sundial/Cahrabehra/LizzieC: You guys just crack me up! Yup, a cigarette was definitely in order! I swear I heard some sexy Barry White music playing in the background when I took that picture!! I felt like I was intruding!!!

31.gif

Ellen: You are right that the macro really magnifies any imperfections. I pick up my rings from the jeweler today

36.gif
, they were polished and cleaned and I must say that I do miss them. I can’t get them back soon enough!

LizzieC: Thank you! That is exactly what my husband had in mind when he had the rings made. Very insightful of you!

1.gif

Eva17: Yes, the naked side shots
31.gif
That’s what I just love about my rings, I look at them from the side all the time. That, and the mirror reflection from the bottom really gives me so much entertainment. I never get tired of looking at them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results