shape
carat
color
clarity

New bling, old bling, gift bling... lots of pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Well, I knew it was time to finally post some new pictures when I tried to send my sister pictures from my most recent photo shoot and she said "I don''t want to see more pictures of your diamonds!" So weird! But I''ll give her a little time, since she is only 16. At least my hubby was nice enough to look at them and pretend that he was interested.
9.gif

So first up is the preview shot of what is to come...

IMG_1789.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
First up, I''ll go with the recent (July 1, 07) addition of wedding bands to our jewelry collection. Both are from signed pieces. Mine is shared prong, eternity. I believe it is around .7 ctw? Hubby''s ring does not seem to be listed on SP anymore, but it is a Raphael, brushed center, 5 mm in platinum. He loves it, which is just too cute. My ring size is 3.5 and I think my husband is a 9.

Putting the ring on my finger for the first time!

IMG_0749smm.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
blue sky!

Oh, I will add some details about my e-ring too. Center stone is ES from whiteflash, E color, SI2, .72 ct. The setting was custom by Quest.

IMG_1542.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
hand shot on our mini-honeymoon trip. With the Stanley Cup, in Toronto. (hockey fans??
1.gif
)

IMG_1483.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Just my hand... but a good shot of how my split shank looks w/ wedding band. I was a bit concerned about how it would work out and considering potentially wearing my ering on my R hand, but I love it!

IMG_1540s.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Icekid - your rings are delicious
18.gif
... I cant believe your center is only .72, that halo really juices that bad boy up!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2008 7:33:54 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Icekid - your rings are delicious
18.gif
... I cant believe your center is only .72, that halo really juices that bad boy up!
Italiahair- thank you! Halos are definitely help the bling factor (small hands for me too, lucky hubby
3.gif
)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I tried to get a fun shot at the movie theater lobby, where they have tons of neon lights and the colors just flash everywhere. But I could not take too many, since I didn''t want people to think I was crazy hehe. But here are a couple that are ok-ish.

icekid

Ideal_Rock

okay... finished resizing the newest project, a pair of lovelies destined to become earrings. I will not be wearing them for a few months, because they are going to be a medical school graduation gift in May. One stone from my hubby, and one from my parents - the people in my life that were such a huge part of making it through school!

So, I got a ridiculous price on these stones. Knowing that there will be no upgrade on these sentimental stones, they were purchased from blue nile. Each weighs .37 ct, one is G/SI1 and the other is H/SI1. And the total was something like $730 for both. GIA Excellent cut, but I was very picky in choosing angles for these stones since we know that GIA does round. I was so pleasantly surprised to see them! They are just gorgeous, and do show arrow patterning (though not perfect).

I have so much fun taking photos of loose stones! I''ll almost be sad when they are finally set. I still take them out just to play with them haha.

IMG_1769.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I should mention that the G is on the left, H on the right. I cannot tell a difference in color face up, but can easily see it from the side.

IMG_1770.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
an interesting couple of pictures re: the color difference. First, here again is the G on the left and the H on the right. H definitely shows more color...

IMG_1786.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Ice-k!! Good to see you and I will happily look at pics of your fabulous bling all day!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
And then here, again G on the left and H on the right. However, the G is in a yellow tension clasp while the H is in a white clasp. And in this case, the G looked to have more color (also easily visible to my eye). very interesting!

IMG_1755.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2008 8:28:03 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hey Ice-k!! Good to see you and I will happily look at pics of your fabulous bling all day!!!!
Thanks, Lorelei! I hope to be able to spend more time here in the coming months when I get a bit of a break from hectic school. More pictures still coming
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another shot of the G in the hearts & arrows viewer.

IMG_1764.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
whoops... not sure how I let that one go so big!

ok, next is my ebay find. Was $150 on ebay, retails for 650? or so on bluenile.com. 1 baby diamond with two pink sapphires, which I assume are heat-treated. I had no idea what to expect from the bluenile diamond, but again, very pleasantly surprised! It is quite lovely and sparkly. I believe blue nile quotes minimum I/SI2 (eye-clean!), and .14 ct. This is going to be a graduation gift for my sister, when she graduates from high school.. ummmmm, in 2009! Am I prepared or what?

This shot is under the H&A viewer. Who would have thought this little blue nile stock diamond would have decent arrows? Maybe it was just a lucky find?!

IMG_1746.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Well, that was the last one for now. Hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed my little photo shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results