shape
carat
color
clarity

New 7.44 Ct ring ( and a Q from a noob)

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
This is my first time posting, but have spent many hours checking your awesome pics here...
So after 10 years of marriage (and many different wedding ring styles!) I finally had my dream ring made! It has my original engagement diamond (a .52 H si 1; it is the top one on the side of the band below the baguettes ) and others I have collected over the years. My question is, how much do you guys think I will need to spend on a camera that shows off the reflections of the facets ( can get really close and not just be blurry~!). None of the stones on the ring are cloudy, or dark, YET every picture I have taken is yucky! I cant seem to get the diamonds to picture well, and so I think I need a camera from this decade!
Please tell me what cameras you use, and where to get them, so that they will not look blurry or like white rocks that are all sunshine. ;-)

Oh and here is my newest E ring ( will be wearing it with 2 -1 carat channel set bands,1 on top and one on bottom) It is a size 9 because I have BIG hands LOL!

ETA center is a 1.51 h-si2 marquise.

awesomenewring109876765432357web.jpg

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Hi betty!
You''re ring is absolutely STUNNING! And so unique! I truly love it! As for you question about pricing a good camera, I''m sorry I have no idea. I just have a Canon point and shoot that seems to do pretty well. You''re pictures look pretty good to me. I don''t see any reason to get a better one, but I''m no photog. Hopefully other will have some useful advice/information. Enjoy that sparkler!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the reply!
I am sure everyone here, looks at the photos of their rings and thinks... if only it showed how pretty it really is !!! LOL

This is such a neat place, I have enjoyed reading and seeing everyones pretty rings! Have a great evening!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty and unique!!! Congrats! I think we need more pictures!

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful and unique! I''ve never seen anything quite like it :)

lweber

Shiny_Rock
You have a one-of-a-kind ring. Very nice.

I have two Canon cameras and I don''t take very good photos either. I will follow this thread to see if anyone else has suggestions.

Congrats on 10 years.

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I am sure the jeweler wanted to pull his hair out when he saw my design! I used a loupe and got a pic of the marquise, I had to block all direct light because it just reflected white on my pics if I didnt! I am trying to make this camera work, but am wondering if one of the cameras that have different lenses would be better than just my old one that has auto focus.

Please be aware I was holding both the loupe and the camera, I didn''t have a tripod so it is a little shaky.
The center is 1.51 carats, H SI2 but is 100% eyeclean, I took a pic with the loupe so you can see the inclusions!
35.gif
I saw this diamond and loved it because the "bowtie" effect is not present like the 99% of marquise that I have seen. most marquise have a strong bowtie, but this one does not! YEA!

picofmarquise.jpg

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Betty,

Holy blingage! What an interesting and unique design. Your new pear is awesome, and you were able to show the lack of bowtie with your loupe....good job!
I''d love to see more hand pics from a real life perspective (please). Congratulations on 10 years too!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW!!! It''s gorgeous!!! What a unique and beautiful setting!!!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Here I am, I edited out my face
25.gif

There is a positive side to having a large frame! The ring on the other hand is a 1.68 cushion cut tanzanite in a solitaire (basket) setting.

faraway2.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
I adore! Unique, special very interesting! Great job! Congrats!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring! It's amazing and unique and looks fantastic on your hand! Congrats on 10 years! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results