shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on w-band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
This weekend FI and I stopped by Lang Antiques in San Francisco, and I think I may have found my w-band.

I keep going back to w-bands with alternating baguettes and rounds. Does this band look odd/out of place with my e-ring?

ETA: Excuse the horribly dirty e-ring.

ETA2: The w-band is white gold (I will be ordering in platinum) so the metal looks whiter than my e-ring.

brooklyngirlweddingband.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it. And I LOVE Langs! What a great store to play in.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a pretty band, but with your beautiful e-ring, I'd probably choose either a band that matched the shank such as a Legacy band (or Beaudry milgrain band if your e-ring is Beaudry) or perhaps an all round bezel band like the one Musey has. I think that is a lot going on between the e-ring and w-band. But it's certainly what YOU like that matters most!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i think that it looks nice, but i would like to see what it would look like with an eternity band with just round diamonds. i love the way the rounds set off the small ones in your ering.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the responses, everyone
1.gif

I''ve contacted Pearlman''s (which is where I got my e-ring), so hopefully Bill will send me a couple of samples, one of which is the band made of all rounds.

I thought a band with all rounds would look good with this, but I haven''t yet found one that does. I''ve tried on the Tiff''s Jazz band, but it''s too wide (and that''s the small one). I''ll see if the smaller Beverly K band goes with this.

The all round band seems to get lost on my hand, because there is no contrast in shape, IYKWIM.

I''ll post more pics once I get some samples :D.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous - no, its not matchy but thats why its pretty !
I would also like to see the BK one, but I really dig this one..

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it! It''s not the obvious choice to go with your e-ring and that''s what I LOVE about it. I''m a big fan of the non-matchy look!
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I like this non-matchy look a lot. The wedding band is stunning on its own, but it does look very pretty with your e-ring. I think it could make a really beautiful set. The rounds and baguette band has gorgeous proportions, which I love!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I really like the contrast of the round and baguettes! I''d totally do a Bev K in Rose Gold though, to match the little rose bezels in your ering! Whatever you decide will look great, I''m sure!
36.gif

rosegoldgd.JPG

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 8:48:19 AM
Author: geckodani
I really like the contrast of the round and baguettes! I''d totally do a Bev K in Rose Gold though, to match the little rose bezels in your ering! Whatever you decide will look great, I''m sure!
36.gif
I agree with Geckodani that the rose Bev K band would look great and would tie in with your e-ring without being too matchy!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love that wband with your ering!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh - geckodani had a great idea with the rose gold bezel - I think that would look just awesome with your enagement ring.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I actually love the band you posted, but in Plat :)

For me a RG band with white diamonds, instead of pink might bother me-but would be fun to see them together!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I like the platinum band you have in the picture. I think it helps the pink to stand out by contrast.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
This is an excellent combination! I like how the small rounds in the wedding band echo those in your e-ring!
emthup.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2008 10:16:41 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That is a pretty band, but with your beautiful e-ring, I''d probably choose either a band that matched the shank such as a Legacy band (or Beaudry milgrain band if your e-ring is Beaudry) or perhaps an all round bezel band like the one Musey has. I think that is a lot going on between the e-ring and w-band. But it''s certainly what YOU like that matters most!

I agree with DS on all points.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 6:19:09 PM
Author: mrssalvo

That is a pretty band, but with your beautiful e-ring, I''d probably choose either a band that matched the shank such as a Legacy band (or Beaudry milgrain band if your e-ring is Beaudry) or perhaps an all round bezel band like the one Musey has. I think that is a lot going on between the e-ring and w-band. But it''s certainly what YOU like that matters most!

Second this!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 8:34:28 PM
Author: Sharon101
Date: 10/28/2008 6:19:09 PM

Author: mrssalvo

Second this!!!

Me too...I love non-matchy sets (mine is like that) but it is a tad busy. I think a Bev K ring (like my Tessa ring) would look great and mimic the bezel round you have in the setting. They will customize their settings (milgrain vs polished, diamonds vs gemstones) I am very happy with the quality of my Bev K.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this band, but I am not sure how I feel about it with your e-ring. I think that I would probably go with a thin eternity band of all rounds.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I think it looks romantic and pretty and the w-band stands out. I'm a big fan of non-matchy matchy though..

p.s. how did I miss your e-ring??? It's just gorgeous. Love Beaudry!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 10:07:55 PM
Author: geckodani
Tacori - hope you don''t mind me posting your Tessa Ring!

Not at all! Thanks for thinking of me. I am generally too lazy to repost my pics
41.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results