shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on w-band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 11:31:21 AM
Author: brooklyngirl
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I''ll be getting some samples from Pearlman''s, hopefully by next week of the following:
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/136PP1/84/
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/132PP1/90/
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/55PP1/114/

I''ll update this thread with pics. Can''t wait to have all those pretties to play with
11.gif
Oh how fun! I can''t wait to see what you choose!
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
i like it! i have a non-matchy set as well. Could it be possible to have the band made in plat and rose gold? for example have rose gold around the rounds in the band. i think that would look lovely and give the e-ring and wedding band a little something in common.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I finally received some bands from Pearlman''s. Unfortuantely they didn''t a sample of the small round bezeled band, so that''s out
14.gif

I''ve decided that if I go with the bev K baguette/round band I will have them use french cuts instead of baguettes, and the band will be a lot thinner about 3/4 of the size shown on the pic. I'' most likely going this route.

So, here come the pictures...

aIMG_1210bevkbandhand.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
closer...

brooklyngirbevkband1.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
even closer...

IMG_1172brooklyngirl.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is the Beverly K 1.3 mm bead set milgrained band...

IMG_1196bgthinbkclose.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Far away shot...

IMG_1196bgthinbkhndsht.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
And for fun, a pic of the 2 stacked. I plan on wearing a very thin plain platinum band with my rings...

IMG_1249brooklyngirlstcked.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
All that''s left now is to make sure Bev K can make this band thinner (heigh and width), with French cuts. If they can''t I''ll go with the Lang antiques band.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. If you''re trying to recreate the Lang ring exactly ... why not just order that? Are you sure that even with modifications that the finished, unreturnable Bev K ring will give you the effect of the original? For some reason it looks boxier & less matched to your e-ring & I can''t figure out exactly why but I''d be hesitant that it might be for other reasons than just the height/width/stone selection. (Finish? Other aspects of scale?)

The thin bead set ring looks the most MATCHY with your set. Do love that too ... Are you getting two different bands? (Or three with the plain metal one too?)

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Side by side...

bgw-bandsidebyside.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
deco - I liked how the Lang band looked, but they can only make the band a half eternity (and it''s really barely half, as I could see some metal on the sides on my finger). I was hoping to get a 3/4 eternity. Also, I''d like the band made with French cuts instead of baguettes -- I think it would look better with my e-ring.

The matchy band is nice, but it kind of gets lost on my finger :-/

The Bev K does look boxy, I noticed it too, and thought perhaps it was because of the width.

I''m going to have a tough time deciding between the pros and cons of both.

I am getting on diamond band, and one plain band. I will either wear all three, or mix and match. It''s tough to pull off two bands with my e-ring.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bummer....I was really hoping you''d get the Tessa Ring with diamonds
2.gif
I actually really like the thin BK with your e-ring. I think b/c your e-ring is so stunning and special it is nice to have a band that blends in more than take away some of the spotlight.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tacori
35.gif

I wanted to try on the thin version, but Pearlman''s didn''t have a sample, and neither did Bev K
8.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wish you lived closer...I would let you try mine on! Can they order a sample? I just love the idea how it would mirror the bezel round you have on the side of your halo. But obviously YOU have to love the band so if you love the Lang''s that is what you should go with!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately Bev K didn''t have a sample of it either. I was really curious how that band would look with my ring. I''ve tried on a similar band before, but it was too big and looked strange with my ring.

This will be a tough decision, but I''ll have to call Pearlman''s and make sure they can make my band look the way I want. If they can''t, I''ll get the Lang''s band. It''s cheaper too.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do any of your local B&Ms carry BK? How annoying you can''t see it to know if it is right or not.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay... I can''t post the address here, but if you run a search on ebay for bezel rings/bands a $20 2mm CZ one should pop up, just so you can see how it would look with your ring, if you''re interested. Also, if you have a Tiffany''s or a Bailey Banks and Biddle around, the Tiffany Jazz is similar, and Ritani has a bezel band that my Bailey Banks and Biddle carries.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 4:30:45 PM
Honestly, I like this one the best of the 2 you were able to try on.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
I love that milgrain band, too, but can see how it's not quite the look you're going for. I think the other band is great (but the thinner version. DEFINITELY. The Bev K one that you have doesn't blend as well as the thinner one you had earlier, but if she has it in the thinner, I def. say go for it), but you mentioned not having baguettes, but having something else (I forget what you said), and it was something I wasn't familiar with. Could you explain?

I also found this on Pearlman's site and thought it might be an option (even though, to be honest, I couldn't (and still can't
15.gif
) tell that there were pink sapphires in your e-ring (or was it pink diamonds?) Anyways..just a thought :) I think no matter what you go with, it's going to be great because I honestly like them all. Please post what you do end up with :)

Also, I was curious: how do you get a vendor to send you rings on memo? I mean, as you're a consumer, not a retailer? Thanks :)

Edit: You said french cut, instead of baguettes. What is that? Also, I think - wouldn't it be GREAT if it could be rose gold around the stones? Not the entire thing, but maybe just plated or something? I don't know the terminology, but how your e-ring is 2-tone, I think would be neat if around the 'borders' of the diamonds was rose gold, and the rest was plat. :)

Item: 06PP1 - This fashionable 18k white gold Beverley K. ring features .30ctw in brilliant round diamonds and .40ctw in lively pink sapphires.

06PP13.jpg

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 11:31:21 AM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I''ll be getting some samples from Pearlman''s, hopefully by next week of the following:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/136PP1/84/

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/132PP1/90/

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/55PP1/114/

I''ll update this thread with pics. Can''t wait to have all those pretties to play with
11.gif

ooooh! I like the first one! but I also like the one you have currently - I have it too!!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2008 4:30:45 PM

THIS is my favorite! BEAUTIFUL!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Lang''s band the best with your gorgeous e-ring, but if you can get the Bev K band thinner I think it will be perfect. I don''t get why Lang''s can''t make the ring 3/4 eternity, though...I guess it''s a cast or something? Anyways, the matchier band does look nice but I really enjoy the contrast of the Lang''s/Bev K band the most.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
i have to agree with those that suggested a rose gold band. particularly an all-round, white diamond, bezel set band in milgrained rose gold. in my humble opinion, that would be the perfect compliment to your lovely ering... just the right amount of coordination between the two rings, but still not too matchy. or even that very thin BK band in rose gold would be lovely. (can you tell i love rose gold?
28.gif
)

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori - I haven't seen any jewelers who carry Bev K in my area. Bev K's website is of no help either because they don't jewelers who carry them
14.gif

newsboysgrl777 - I mentioned that I wanted French cuts instead of baguettes. They are sort of similar to step cuts in that they don't have a lot of facets, but they have more crown facets (9) than baguettes, and don’t have as much of a glass-like appearance. They’re seen in a lot of vintage jewelry, and I would love to have a vintage look to my set.

My e-ring has “intense” pink diamonds in the halo, and the 2 little bezels on either side. Since they are diamonds, and are quite small, they don’t show color as well as a sapphire would. In some lighting conditions (i.e. daylight) they are very visibly pink. But a lot of the time in office lighting and the like, the color is not always apparent. If you know it’s there, you’ll see it, but if you don’t, chances are, you’ll miss it.

I was strongly considering getting a band with alternating light pink sapphires, but I don’t think it will match in most lighting conditions, just because sapphires reflect colored light, and my diamonds reflect white light. I must say though, those pinks are definitely more firey than the white melee – must be the contrast.

I’ve pondered the white diamonds in rose gold idea as well, and decided against it. I’m a little big anal about color (trying to match metal color to stone color), and it would bug me to have white stones surrounded by pink metal.

I’m pretty sure most PS vendors will send samples to customers, provided you give them your CC information. They won’t charge the card unless for some reason the merchandise isn’t returned. Pearlman’s will pay for shipping one way, and you have to pay for shipping back to them. They ask that you ship it overnight, the day after (or whatever timeframe was agreed upon) you receive the item.

geckodani – I actually tried on the Tiff’s band, and I didn’t like it with my ring. I felt it was a little bit wide (even their thinner one). Also, The bezels seemed to b blend in to each other. From a bit of a distance (12-16 inches) it was hard to see that the band was made of bezels.

I think milgrain around the bezels would help with that, but since I wasn’t able to see such a thing in person, I am quiet hesitant to get a band like that.

Thanks for the ebay silver band idea, but I think I need to order the bands within the next couple of days at the worst, or I may be left without a band on my wedding day, so I need to make a decision… yesterday. LOL.

Miss Fortune - I like the 1.3 band as well, but I don't think I'd be happy with it long term. In a perfect world, I'd just get both bands and alternate, but no such luck
7.gif

thing2of2 – It may be that the band at Lang’s is cast, as they aren’t too flexible with how it can be made.

I really like the contrast that band adds to my set, without overwhelming it. I think that’s what I am lacking with the 1.3mm Bev K.

Chickpea – I was considering having a very thin rose gold band with 1 pointers, but it would still bug me that the diamonds are white and the band is gold. If I could do it with pink diamonds, I would be in heaven. Maybe for an anniversary – a girl can dream right?

UPDATE:
I just got an email from Julian @ Pearlman’s. Apparently Bev K makes the bezelled band in a smaller size. The band has all the same proportions, but is just smaller. It measures 1.7 mm wide, and 1.4mm high, and can be made with French cuts instead of baguettes. Given that the 1.3mm was just a smidge thinner than the shanks on my e-ring, I think this size will be perfect, and is probably similar to the size of the Lang band. It’s even the same price.

I’m pretty sure I will go with this option (in all platinum w/ French cuts), it seems to be a great compromise between all the options that I was considering.
ETA - Thank you everyone for your honest advice, and for helping me think through this
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that Beverly K round beadset with your ring! How much fun is it to play around with all those choices!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think every band you tried on is gorgeous but I gotta agree I think something with rose gold would be stunning!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh sorry I just saw that you decided against that. Anyway, as I said they are all beautiful! I like the round and baguette ones the best.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, all of them work well and look great with your ring!! My favorite is the thin thin beverly k pave band since it lets your ring shine. However, my second is the thin lang ring, and my third is the beverly k version, but I think it looks a tad thick.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you made a great choice! Can''t wait to see the final product.

Interestingly, I have a somewhat similar style e-ring as you and I actually went with this BK bezel band with alternating diamond and darkest pink sapphires. It clashes with my e-ring a bit but I find that I actually prefer that look rather than having the wedding band blend into the e-ring. After all, what matters most is that I''m happy with them and I''m such a sucker for pink stones
30.gif

06PP13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results