shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on w-band with new e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sun*flower

Rough_Rock
I hope I have posted this in the right forum! I am in the process of an upgrade--yay!!, and would like some advice from those who know
1.gif
I have decided on this e-ring and I thought I wanted a matching w-band, but as often happens, I think I have changed my mind.....

E-ring110407.jpg

sun*flower

Rough_Rock
Would this w-band from Krikawa be nice or nauseating with the e-ring? My mom is horrified, but, she is a little old, ummm... old-fashioned
2.gif

R-BLeafDia.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That band is so beautiful it would be nauseating NOT to have it
1.gif

What are your mother''s objections specific to it? Have you tried it on? It would appear not to sit flush, but that really isn''t as issue unless you think it is. I like non-matchy stuff, and the band would be elegant all on its own.

cheers--Sharon

sun*flower

Rough_Rock
Mom says it will detract from the e-ring, but I personally think it would enhance it, I just wanted more feedback from those in the know, so I will have ammunition against Momster''s well-intentioned advice
2.gif

sun*flower

Rough_Rock
I suppose it is not a very traditional w-band, maybe it''s not appropriate? Horrors---is Mom right?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo, i LOVE the setting you posted, LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! as for how it will look with the wedding band (which i love too), i think it will look great! nose around this site a little more and you will see MANY different variations on wedding sets..... there are no rules as far as PSers are concerned. certainly it would look nice with a plain band if YOU are a traditional type of gal and that is what YOU love and what suits YOUR taste. but if you like to mix it up, which many here do, i think the band you showed would look wonderful! i don''t thing with that set (the two rings you posted) there would be any question it''s a wedding set, if that is one of your mom''s concerns.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the 2 rings would look very good together, they both have the modern look
2.gif

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
i think both rings are beautiful, but i''m not sure if i''d wear them together. the wedding band definitely is NOT nauseating, but somehow it seems more like a stand-alone ring to me. who makes the rings?

sun*flower

Rough_Rock
Oh, I definately don''t think the w-band is nauseating, just wondering if it would would look bad together with the e-ring. I wish I knew how to photoshop them together. That''s the bad thing about doing something not "off the shelf", you can''t just go in and try them on. Here is a picture of the e-ring with a matching band. I think it looks fine, but maybe a bit plain?

Wendy_1B-with matching band-04.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would look terrific! I love the wedding band and since the e-ring is more simple, they would compliment each other very well! Plus, if you ever wear the wb on its own, it will look really pretty too!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I like them separate but not together. I guess I'm on the mom wagon, I think it will detract from the ring. The engagement ring has modern geometric lines and the wedding band has more organic shapes. There isn't a strong enough common element that would unify the look.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like how clean and simple the ring looks with the matching band - but I also love the ring you like too. I would probably go for the matching band.... however, thats my personal choice and your taste is probably completely different to mine. Thats what makes the world so great - we are all different!

You should get the one you love!!
9.gif

Raspberry

Rough_Rock
I think the wedding ring you picked out is very pretty but the engagement ring has a very clean, sleak look to it. I think I prefer it with a plain band for continuity.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally love the simplicity of the matching band with it. Can I ask where the ering is from? It is GORGEOUS!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally would get the kirkawa band, but wear it on the opposite hand. Your engagement ring is so unique that I think it deserves to stand alone unless paired with it''s matching band. I love that setting by the way, bezels are awesome!

sun*flower

Rough_Rock
Mr Mark Morrell is making my e-ring, this e-ring is just drawings at this point, he has my diamond, and is in the process of making the ring. I can''t wait to get it! He is such a nice person, and his rings are so perfect! I certainly don''t want to detract from the e-ring in any way, but I just love the w-band, too.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, I love the look of the matching wedding ring, it''s the exact right contemporary clean look. Plus you could easily add an eternity band later. I also *LOVE* the Krikawa ring, but cannot picture it with the ER.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sun*flower, I don''t know if this is an option
31.gif
, but could you spring for both bands?? I think both the matching band and the kirkawa band would be stunning stacked on either side of your new upgrade. I love the stacked look and it looks like the new ER setting is perfect for stacking. That way you could have the best of both worlds too....

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I really love that band! I also have a solution, buy both the matching band, and the band you love, you could wear one on either side of the ring! haha! Actually, I would buy the non-matched band and wear it as my WB just because I prefer non-matchy bands. It is totally personal choice, and what one person may like, the other may not.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 3:54:52 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Hi Sun*flower, I don''t know if this is an option
31.gif
, but could you spring for both bands?? I think both the matching band and the kirkawa band would be stunning stacked on either side of your new upgrade. I love the stacked look and it looks like the new ER setting is perfect for stacking. That way you could have the best of both worlds too....
haha I didn''t see that you posted this! By the time I got to type what I wanted to say, and actually submitted it(elle destructo is up from her nap!!) and then read your response, I saw I nearly double posted what you said! Great minds eh??
35.gif

sun*flower

Rough_Rock
Maybe I will get both rings!!
11.gif
I just need to stop window shopping, I see stuff I want, and then can''t get it out of my head. My husband is very accommodating, so he would probably just shrug and say "whatever"
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Lucky Lady!!! As long as you are upgrading...it is good to change things up a bit, especially since both bands would be so versatile!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results