shape
carat
color
clarity

Near colorless comparison - G to D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I was having fun taking some pictures comparing my G-color diamond to a D-color fakey that I got to try out some new setting ideas - I''m trying to figure out how to reset the solitaire (if at all) so I got a couple of cheapies just to try on my hand. I''ll post pics & a poll on another thread in the next couple of days so you guys can give me your opinion ...

Anyway, I''m always drooling after the D or E colorless stones on PS (especially the ones with flour!), and I was happily surprised by how white my G looks when next to a colorless stone on a white background. I took a couple of pics from the side view on a stark white background in some different lighting. I usually can see the slightest tint in my G stone from the side, and still can next to the D, but it''s not as strong as I thought it would be. My ring (the real one) is the solitaire, not the one with the sidestones. Here are some pics just for fun:

pho 158color1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Another:

pho 160color4.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Last one:

pho 115color3.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
It might be fun to start a "near colorless" thread - feel free to post pics of your near-colorless stones as well. If you have comparison shots, that would be fun too!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Great pics! Do you have any that are face up? Can you tell a color difference face up?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey there jsm, since the comparison stones are poorly cut fakes, they look pretty bad face up, but I will take a few pics & post some - good idea!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few face-up pics:

pho 189top1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Another:

pho 202top2.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Last one:

pho 210top3.jpg

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Yours looks just as white and a whole lot prettier!!!!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
They do look just as white! Thanks again for the comparison.

candycorn

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have a question - I''m new and noticed the excellent side shots of your rings (beautiful diamonds by the way).... I just purchased an e-ring and received it today. I noticed a white line looking thing halfway between the girdle and cutlet and noticed it''s in both of your diamonds as well. I initially thought it was an inclusion of some kind but now I''m more inclined to say it''s a normal thing? Anyone have any thoughts?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Candycorn! I don''t know what you call it, but I think it''s a facet reflection that you will find in all round diamonds. You''re not the first person to think it''s an inclusion - a lot of people have brought up the same question on pricescope :)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 6:53:01 PM
Author: candycorn
Hi, I have a question - I''m new and noticed the excellent side shots of your rings (beautiful diamonds by the way).... I just purchased an e-ring and received it today. I noticed a white line looking thing halfway between the girdle and cutlet and noticed it''s in both of your diamonds as well. I initially thought it was an inclusion of some kind but now I''m more inclined to say it''s a normal thing? Anyone have any thoughts?
I do believe it is called a girdle reflection.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 7:45:09 PM
Author: Miranda

Yup--girdle reflection.

Vesper, I say your G is looking great next to the D--G is a sweet spot.
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 7:52:58 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 11/6/2008 7:45:09 PM
Author: Miranda

Yup--girdle reflection.

Vesper, I say your G is looking great next to the D--G is a sweet spot.
1.gif
That''s right, girdle reflection!
emteeth.gif

Thanks Coati! I have always LOVED your solitaire too - I know that yours is also a warmer color, but it always strikes me how icy-white it is face up. Especially in rounds, I really think that even when stones are near colorless or slightly tinted, they still look so white face up when set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results