shape
carat
color
clarity

My Whiteflash ACA in Caysie CvB rose gold platinum setting

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, after purchasing my Whiteflash ACA setting and having it set in a Whiteflash Harmony fishtail pave setting since 2009, I decided it was time for me to reset my diamond. I was originally going to get a Brian Gavin Tiffany half round setting in rose gold but decided to go custom instead.

I pretty much knew that I wanted a platinum head and a rose gold shank. The past few years I've been loving rose gold and so I knew that this was a must have for this ring. I also wanted it to look like the diamond was floating on my finger and I felt like rose gold would accomplish this.

I contacted Caysie about making this ring but also contacted David Klass, Erika Winters, Brilliantly Engaged and Steve Kirsch. I had seen a previous ring Caysie had made with a similar head and decided to go with Caysie bc I felt fairly confident she could make the ring with my specific requests.

I didn't want diamonds on the shank bc I felt that they took away from the center stone. I decided to have a soft knife edge shank with slight shoulders that met up to the petals on the ring. I added a touch of milgrain to the soft knife edge to match the head/prongs.
The head is shaped like a lotus flower with eight petals , so there are 8 clawish prongs.

I added a surprise pink diamond bc I loved the idea from Haven's ring and two rubies on the inside of the shank at 4 and 8 o' clock. They say if a ruby touches the skin of the wearer it will bring them good luck, fortune and health.

It is a size 5.5 with a platinum 950 head and an 18 Kt. Rose gold shank. The shank is 2 mm both width and height. I had it modeled after the Tiffany Bezet wedding band.

I don't have it yet, but here are pictures that Caysie sent me.

I can't wait to get it, it's been a long wait and I am really anxious to get it finally!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Whiteflash ACA in Caysie CvB rose gold platinum setti

Ooophs! Here's my old setting.

My diamond is 2.417 H VS2 A Cut Above from Whiteflash.

It's interesting but 2.417 is the refractory index of a diamond- the reason why diamonds shine so bright.

_31440.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's my new CvB setting.

I had her add a silhouette effect with the head so the diamond would look almost haloed.

_31441.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVELY RING!!! so feminine and so not fussy! I love it. She looks like new!! :love: :love: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Butterfly, that is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see the handset but it is really just stunning. Wow. Would you say it is low set? What are you planning on wearing it with? Any bands? Congratulations, I hope it knocks your socks off when you open the box!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ohhhh I'm so glad it's a PS'ers so we can see lots of handshots! I saw this on FB and about fell off the couch.

nycspring

Shiny_Rock

WOW. That is a gorgeous solitaire!!! LOVE that you mixed rose gold and platinum. Cannot wait to see more photos when you receive it!! :love:

redroze1

Shiny_Rock

That is sooooooo pretty. I love everything about it. It's stunning.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely lovely! :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All I can say is...AMAZING reset! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

God I've been obsessed with this for days. How perfectly the prongs line up so perfectly with the facets of the prongs.

Also, what's going underneath the basket???

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you ladies!
I can't wait to get it.

Niel, I added a pink diamond suprise underneath the basket. I got the idea from Haven. She has a yellow surprise diamond under her basket and I just loved the idea.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle|1435185705|3893804 said:
Oh Butterfly, that is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see the handset but it is really just stunning. Wow. Would you say it is low set? What are you planning on wearing it with? Any bands? Congratulations, I hope it knocks your socks off when you open the box!

Hi luv2sparkle,

I don't think it's too low set. Maybe medium set.
I specifically asked that the culet line up with the "V" part of the lotus prongs. I wanted to be able to clean it properly. Lol!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW that setting really makes the diamond the star!! :D

Hope we get to see your photos soon.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Butterfly17|1435189697|3893825 said:
Thank you ladies!
I can't wait to get it.

Niel, I added a pink diamond suprise underneath the basket. I got the idea from Haven. She has a yellow surprise diamond under her basket and I just loved the idea.
I remember that about havens. I thought that might be what it was. That's really special!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

That setting is lovely...love your new ring!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is just stunning!! RG is my fave too.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see hand pics :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone Hunter|1435190555|3893829 said:
WOW that setting really makes the diamond the star!! :D

Hope we get to see your photos soon.

:wavey: Haven't seen you in AGES!!!!! Glad to see you here again!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Butterfly, I saw these pics posted on FB, and I thought, WOW!!!! I just think it is gorgeous, and I hope you fall in love the second you open that box! Exquisite ring by Caysie and her team! :love: :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Your new setting is absolutely stunning!!! What a great way to dress up a solitaire and in the photos it makes your diamond look even bigger. I'm sure you will be thrilled to get this beauty on your hand.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous reset! :love: :love: It's simply stunning! Will be looking forward to more photos when you get it. :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well done BF17!.. :appl:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh gosh, it's just amazing! The detail is beyond perfection!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

I love your ring, it is seriously the most beautiful solitaire I have seen in a long time! :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Butterfly, I am in love with your gorgeous CVB ring. OMG. :love: :love: :love:
It is a spectacular ring. :appl:

Please post as many pics as you can when it arrives. I am so happy for you. It is perfection. :love: :love: :love:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks so much everyone!

I can't wait to receive it. We have a black out where we live in NJ so I am in NYC right now.

It's funny but I am staying right on 55th and 5th Avenue, right by Tiffanys and Cartier and walking distance to the diamond district, but I don't even want to go windows shopping, I think this new ring completes me! Lol!

I received confirmation from Caysie that she is shipping out the ring overnight so I should get the ring by 11 am tomorrow morning.

I can't wait!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle|1435185705|3893804 said:

Luvs2sparkle,

I forgot to answer your wedding band question!

I have 2 Tiffany bezet bands and a tiffany milgrain knife edge band that I modeled the shank after. So I'm hoping to wear those. I also purchased last week on Ebay two tiffany metro bands - rose gold and yellow gold, for extra bling when I feel like it, but I'm not sure I want to keep them. I have time to return them to the seller though bc he made a mistake with the listing and said both were rose gold when they weren't. But I got them both for less that the price of one band and they are my size exactly, so I may just keep them.

Speaking about bands, I also got these Zina pave bands- a pink diamond band and a yellow diamond band, one from DB and the other last week from Etsy (I ordered it 5 weeks prior) , and I've been wearing them with the WF Harmony band.

So I've gone band crazy for sure.

I will definitely post pictures but here are some of them.

_31451.jpg

_31452.jpg

_31453.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results