clarity

My WF 4.7ct ACA in Victor Canera Emilya Cathedral Setting

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My WF 4.7ct ACA in Victor Canera Emilya Cathedral Settin

Acinom|1483260129|4111283 said:
Happy New Year :wavey:
Thanks for starting a dedicated thread for your amazing piece. I have posted in the other thread but I waited for you to post your story and lots of pics. What strikes me is the refined look, even on such a giant rock. Your ACA rocks!! Victor did a great job and the ring looks amazing on you.
What a treat to be able to meet Victor in real life! I hope I will have that opportunity one day.

Do you detect differences in 'signature' or craftmanship if you compare the VC halo with the SK halo? And how do you review a non cathedral style versus a cathedral style? And how do you review owning two major large center stone halo's?

Enjoy wearing this piece of art and please post more of those amazing pictures.

Hi Acinom! :wavey: You never miss a beat when it comes to recognizing Victor's work! He has completely perfected the Emilya halo--I let him do his thing on the proportions which of course turned out fabulously! I think you still outnumber me in total # of VC pieces owned, though! :)) I definitely think seeing more of his work in person should be on your bucket list if you ever visit the States! :appl:

I decided upon the cathedral style this time to help w/ spinning issues and to have a fluid transition from the halo to the shank. I also wanted to differentiate it a bit from my AVC halo ring. Can you tell that I love halo's?! ::) I also used full cut melee to match the brilliance of my MRB ACA.

As for comparisons on my 2 hand forged halos, there are a few subtle differences that I have noticed:

--VC tilts his halo around the center stone
--Less metal can be seen from the edge of the VC halo on profile view
--VC's pave is completely smooth--feels like I am not even wearing a pave piece!
--Deeper grooves can be seen with SK's shallow cut pave compared to VC's
--VC's prongs are slightly thicker, SK's prong's are sharper/thinner in appearance

I anticipate that my VC ACA Emilya will continue to be my primary ER and my SK AVC my alternate ER/RHR. I hope I answered all of your questions to the best of my ability, Acinom! :))

img_14308.jpg

img_14309.jpg

img_14310.jpg

img_14311.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's absolutely stunning M2B! :love: :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b, what a way to commence 2017!! Your new ring is just beyond fabulous!! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you for sharing your story too. How cute!! And how lovely that you got to meet with Victor in person and see all his amazing work. I'm jealous! ;)) :))

I second the request for family shots please. Your collection is growing/ evolving very nicely and I love how they've all been well thought out and compliment one another. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!! :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Stunning! Spectacular! Superb! I love your newest setting, it is everything perfect. It looks great on you!
:love: :love: :love:
I love your shot out to your DH also, very sweet.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wonderful pictures as always - thank you for sharing them! I too think it is cool that you got to meet Victor - nothing like putting a face with your jewelry. Nothing like a vacation that includes new bling too - that's the perfect combo - ha!

Enjoy your beautiful new ring - wear it with much health and happiness as you enter 2017!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

m-2-b, WOW your reset is absolutely breathtaking!!! That ring just about covers the entire width of the finger!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

doberman|1483262760|4111290 said:
I'm speechless. Such fabulous, gorgeous rings!

Thanks, doberman! :wavey: It has been quite a journey to having 2 magnificent heirloom quality rings!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ac117|1483263301|4111291 said:
Absolutely gorgeous m-2-b!!!! I'm so happy you started a new thread. The workmanship is excellent and looks amazing next to your AVC! I don't know ow you could ever choose between them!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks, ac117! :wavey: As the saying goes, "go big or go home"! :bigsmile: Do you think it is too much to wear on one finger, lol?! :o

BTW, tell us more about this 2+ ct antique cushion you are contemplating? :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Boom|1483265970|4111296 said:
Wow!

Your rings are absolutely fabulous!
And you take the best pics that show so much detail.

The new setting brings out the beauty of the ACA even more if that's possible. :love: :love:

Hi Boom! :wavey: I think you have the perfect collection of diamonds/colored stones as well! :love: Your pics are TDF! I was definitely inspired by your 4ct cushion halo which has always been one of my personal favorites of all time! BTW, what did you decide upon in terms of your upgrade w/ OWD?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

HOLY. MOLY. :love: :appl: :love: :appl: Love it for sure!!

cheers--Sharon

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1483281204|4111316 said:
Happy New Year 2017 m2b and thank you for starting this thread and sharing some of the backstory! LOVE the new pics and your new Victor Canera masterpiece is GORGEOUS in every way! :love: :love: :love: You take the best photos! And you know I love the family shots. Ooh la la. So much beauty all together. :love: :love: :love:

So happy for you and wishing you all the best in this new year. :appl:

Thanks, Missy, you are too sweet! :wavey: I'm glad people are still interested in hearing about my personal journey after all these years on PS!

You and I both love BIG bling--I would love add an OEC just as stunning as Bea to my collection as well! Not sure if DH thinks I need another blingy ring, though! :doh: I think he's lost count on my bling purchases, so maybe he won't remember by then! :halo:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JoCoJenn|1483282801|4111319 said:
It's absolutely stunning M2B! :love: :appl:

Thanks, JoCoJenn! :wavey: I love your CVB ring as well! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1483283082|4111323 said:
m-2-b, what a way to commence 2017!! Your new ring is just beyond fabulous!! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you for sharing your story too. How cute!! And how lovely that you got to meet with Victor in person and see all his amazing work. I'm jealous! ;)) :))

I second the request for family shots please. Your collection is growing/ evolving very nicely and I love how they've all been well thought out and compliment one another. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!! :appl:

Hi Phoenix (aka, my blingastic idol)! :wavey: I hope my thread will inspire you to finally reset Holly--any new thoughts on a potential setting yet?

I do feel honored that I finally got to meet Victor in person! He's just as I'd imagined he would be IRL! :)) He got along swimmingly with DH and my kiddos (who happened to be on their best behavior, thank goodness :angel: ), too! DH finally figured out where his $$ were going all these years! :lol:

Yes, I'm back in accumulation mode now. :naughty: Here's that family shot of a few more pieces for you, Phoenix: :sun:

img_14314.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Let me start by saying your photography is incredible! VC's Emilya is so finely crafted and fluid and dainty. It's what every halo should aspire to be! You are a very lucky lady! Enjoy all of your incredible pieces m-2-b! :love: :love: Happy New Year :wavey:

Boom

Shiny_Rock

m-2-b|1483288191|4111342 said:
Hi Boom! :wavey: I think you have the perfect collection of diamonds/colored stones as well! :love: Your pics are TDF! I was definitely inspired by your 4ct cushion halo which has always been one of my personal favorites of all time! BTW, what did you decide upon in terms of your upgrade w/ OWD?
Thank you for the compliment about my collection.
I've made a couple of mistakes and got distracted along the way so I really admire how you arrived at your collection of the best stones and settings.
I did go ahead with my upgrade with OWD and had CVB set the stone in an antique style setting.
It's my current favorite ring!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous, just gorgeous! :love:

And the finger coverage . . . wow! And the shots with both beauties on one finger . . . be still my heart! Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Boom|1483291704|4111362 said:
I've made a couple of mistakes and got distracted along the way so I really admire how you arrived at your collection of the best stones and settings.
I did go ahead with my upgrade with OWD and had CVB set the stone in an antique style setting.

Wait!!! We need a thread on yours, too! :appl: I want to see!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1483292333|4111368 said:
Boom|1483291704|4111362 said:

Wait!!! We need a thread on yours, too! :appl: I want to see!

Me, too! Don't keep us in suspense for too long, Boom! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

M2b, it has been so much fun planning our purchases,upgrades,and settings together all these years! Our get-togethers have been especially fun, and I can't wait for our spring one to see all your new items!!!!

This new ring is spectacular, as expected! :love: :love: :love: I love that you chose the cathedral sides for this one which gives it a different look from the AVC ring. I definitely wish I could have been with you on your trip to visit Victor, too! I think it was great for your DH to meet him so he can be familiar with the maker of potential future pieces! :naughty: :lol:

Boom

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006, m-2-b

I haven't had time to take my own photos, but I just posted a couple of shots Caysie sent me on another thread. :dance:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I also wanted to clarify on my comments as to why Victor's prongs may be slightly thicker in comparison to SK's. It is probably due to the fact that my SK setting has double claw prongs compared to VC's single prongs on my Emilya.

img_14315.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! You have such a beautiful collection! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for answering all my questions! And it's great to see the comparison pics too. I love the differences!!! Both rings are top notch and it's great that they have their own signature style.

Visiting Victor's office would indeed be great. I have 4 pieces from him now and I would love to wear one or two one of his bands as well, despite my ban. SK's prongs seem to resemble Leon's claws, ie more thin and straight. I love that style as much I love Victor's prongs.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a stone and a ring that I can only dream of. It's fabulous!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi m-2-b, thank you so much for these lovely amazing pictures. They are such a feast for the eyes. :love: :love: :love: The Emilya seems to underscore the beauty of your ACA. The end result is just a stunning, stunning ring. I can see you wearing this ring for many years to come. So wonderful that you and DH had a chance to spend some time with Victor. Now he will know who is making the lovely pieces that make his wife so happy. Congratulations on such a lovely, successful project.

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock

I'm guessing my modest ring got uploaded in the first post by mistake..hehe

Can we switch rings please....jp...your ring is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! That finger coverage is INSANE!!!!!!! HOLY SMOKES! :shock: :lickout: Both rings are jawdropping actually! :shock: :shock: :shock:

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock

Amazing rings! I've been lurking and admiring from Seattle. :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

That is some family! Care to adopt me??? :cheeky: Both of your rings are absolute perfection! Wear them in much health and happiness!!

mol42

Shiny_Rock

Happy 2017 m-2-b!

Wow, your new reset is stunningly beautiful and both rings are just amazing! Even though they are both halos to the casual observer, they are so different from prong sizes to prong numbers to cathedral (or not) to pave donuts (or not) and the list goes on. It's like 2 white shirts that are totally different!! :wink2:

Does VC have a store that you can browse in or do you have to make an appointment? Either way, it would be a fun sandbox to play in and thanks for the recommendation!

Enjoy your beautiful rings in good health! :wavey:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

Both rings are fabulous! How lucky you are! I am glad to see one with the cathedral sides. I truly do love your AVC too! It is hard for my eye to distinguish which stone is bigger. Do you mind telling me?

Your collection is so beautiful! You have such fantastic taste!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results