shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Victor Canera OEC Split Shank Cushion Halo Ring!

happybridetobe

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I am a long time lurker on the forum, and this is my first ever post :) So, a big hello to you!!

My boyfriend's mother was so gracious to gift us with a wonderful family heirloom, a 2.3 carat round Old European Cut diamond, special for my upcoming engagement. However, the diamond was in an old yellow gold setting that was just not "me". Well, after seeing so many gorgeous rings on the forum designed by the wonderful Victor Canera, I felt confident that I should send the diamond off to him to be reset! He truly is a master of design.

The ring just arrived yesterday, and my boyfriend immediately confiscated it. I have not yet seen it in person, so I only really have the video to share at this point. He will propose with it soon so hopefully I will be back very, very shortly with a bunch of new photos for you!!!! I am just so excited I think I may bust from the anticipation!

I have attached the professional video and a before and after shot of the ring below. Hope you enjoy the sneek peak! :)

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=296H2MTljlM&feature=channel&list=UL

Before and After Shot (new setting at right!)

rbanda.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Re: My Victor Canera 2.3 Ct. OEC Cushion Halo Engagement Rin

I saw VC post this video on his fb yesterday, I was drooling while I watched it. :lickout: I can't wait to see more pictures of this beauty, especially hand shots. Yummy.

Any stats on the diamond?

Congrats on the gorgeous ring and soon to be engagement! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is delish! It really sets off the stone perfectly. And what a nice future mother-in-law you have!

Congratulations!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: Definitely one of my favorite rings made by him, I love split-shank halos!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow! I cannot wait for more pictures!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing reset...Your ring is gorgeous :appl:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
What a great future mother-in-law!

If it were mine I'd freeze frame the video, print it, cut it out with scissors and wear it on my finger.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the great FMIL part! What a great way to come into a family!

Oh, and the ring is splendid. I'm sure you will be blown away by how it sparkles when you get it. Although it will be hard to take your eyes off of it, just remember to pay attention to your betrothed as well! :Up_to_something:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's beautiful! You have such a generous soon to be MIL! Congratulations! I hope he doesn't hold the ring hostage from you too long! I can't wait to see you update with the new photos after proposal : )

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
what a lovely gift! and you've made such a lovely ring with it. congrats :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA!!! That's a fantastic "welcome to the family" diamond that your FMIL offered you and your FFI!!!!

The setting is gorgeous - TDF! I hope the proposal is soon because we all can't wait to see more photos of this GORGEOUS diamond and setting - BEAUTIFUL!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Can't wait to see handshots! Congrats on your engagement!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great MIL! Your VC masterpiece is beautiful!

omc111

Rough_Rock
I'll echo everyone--fabulous ring and generous FMIL. Hope your FF doesn't make you wait too long. The waiting must be so difficult--but worth it when the end result is such a beautiful ring and a promising future! :appl:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
When I saw this beauty I really hoped it belonged to a pricescoper!! :love: :love: :love:

Well, it does. :bigsmile: :appl:

It just isn't on your finger yet!!! :sick:

Tell that man of yours, we, I mean you ( :devil: :tongue: ), need it SOON!!!!!

Waiting patiently till we get handshots!!! :wavey:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring by VC. He does outstanding work. I know you will be anxiously waiting to get that beauty on your hand. How special that it's a family heirloom!

ColoredStonesLady

Rough_Rock
Its BEAUTIFUL!! :love: :love: :love: So feminine yet bold. How lovely that it has some family history and be a design that you really love!! VC is great to work with, and his rings actually look better IRL than photos can ever show. I hope you get to wear it soon!

cavluv

Rough_Rock
I LOVE your stone and the gorgeous setting!! How special to have something from your future husband's family. Can't wait to hear your engagement story and see more pics...it's STUNNING!!! :appl:

chloecro

Rough_Rock
WOW. Unbelievably beautiful. Lucky girl, and what a great gesture from your future MIL.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait for more pics! It's absolutely amazing! :love: Such a wonderful gift from your FMIL!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love: I love your setting and the diamond is amazing! Now that is a nice family heirloom to have! I love the cushion halo with the round! Victor does amazing work!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
LOVE!!!!

I can't wait for my own VC.....soon to be ordered I hope (working on stones now) so I love to see every masterpiece! It just keeps reinforcing my decision to go with him!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
chloecro|1334953770|3176542 said:
Where are the hand shots? I'm dying to see them.
She isn't engaged yet. Her post clearly stated that her boyfriend immediately took it away, and she has no pics til the proposal.

happybridetobe

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the well wishes!! I do agree that my FMIL is incredibly sweet and generous - I am just so lucky to be joining their family!

WELL, THE GREAT NEWS.....the boyfriend DID propose last night!!!! YAY!!!!!! :appl:

I am deliriously happy with the proposal, the man, AND ring! The ring sparkles like there is no tomorrow. It is absolutely PERFECT! My heart flutters every time I look down at my hand, never in a million years would I have imagined having a ring such as this :love: :love: :love: Victor Canera truly is top notch, and I would recommend his work to anyone!

I will post pictures for you all as soon as possible this weekend, probably tomorrow since we are throwing a big party for family and friends today! But, I wanted to share the good news with you and let you know hand shots are coming very soon! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results