shape
carat
color
clarity

My Victor Canera ER - Finally it HERE!

darkness13

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Some of you might remember some of my posts a while back.
My partner proposed to me Saturday Night with the ER of my dreams. We are in Western Australia and purchased the diamond from IDJ in NYC and the setting is an Emilya by Victor Canera.

Needless to say it was worth the wait – very very happy!

The stone is a 2.41ct, J, SI1 with medium blue florescence – looks totally white and I can’t see any colour variation between halo and stone at all.

I have taken some shots from my iPhone – isn’t it beautiful!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

img_7238.jpg

img_7246.jpg

img_7244.jpg

img_7217.jpg

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring. Congratulations

I'm also from Australia & will be using Victor for our upcoming ER project. Very exciting

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it is really beautiful and well worth waiting for, and it looks massive on you as well :naughty: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

darkness13

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. I have been comparing my Emilya Halo to other Emilyas and I notice mine is particularly thin with more melee stones than most others with a RB of centre of a similar size.
Does anyone else agree or am I seeing things?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I think I see what you're saying about it being a touch more delicate eventhan the other Emilya's I've seen posted. But I think it is AMAZING. Gorgeous stunning ring!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, congratulations :appl: I absolutely adore the Emilya and it looks incredible on you :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Contratulations -- gorgeous ring!! :love: :love: ...another score for the J's!! (we're J twins, only mine doesn't have any fluorescence... sooo wish it did though!) :naughty: ;))

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring and congratulations on your engagement! It feels wonderful finally having that ring on your finger doesn't it! How did you find your whole process re ordering from the USA? By sister just announced her engagement and we live in Queensland but feel nervous about buying overseas and online.....

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! :love: Congratulations on your engagement. :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
darkness13|1402932714|3694203 said:
Thanks everyone. I have been comparing my Emilya Halo to other Emilyas and I notice mine is particularly thin with more melee stones than most others with a RB of centre of a similar size.

You probably aren't seeing things at all Victor designs each halo in size specifically to be the most flattering for each centre stone. So smaller stones do sometimes have larger melee and larger stones smaller more delicate melee. Either way I think it looks perfect on you!!!

I am also impressed by how white overall yours looks I have an old cut J coloured OEC in mine and the difference in colour between the centre and the melee in mine bugs me no end, but that wan't Victors fault because I owned the setting before the centre stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I agree the point size on the melee is smaller, and I LOVE that about it. When I saw your ring I thought! OMG, it's the nicest Victor halo I've seen, because I ADORE the smaller melee. And that takes a TON of skill to do, and is much harder to do than larger melee. SO yours is just a work of art!

It's just stunning. I ADORE the proportions. And it is just perfect on your hand.

darkness13

Rough_Rock
arkieb1|1402962657|3694572 said:

You probably aren't seeing things at all Victor designs each halo in size specifically to be the most flattering for each centre stone. So smaller stones do sometimes have larger melee and larger stones smaller more delicate melee. Either way I think it looks perfect on you!!!

I am also impressed by how white overall yours looks I have an old cut J coloured OEC in mine and the difference in colour between the centre and the melee in mine bugs me no end, but that wan't Victors fault because I owned the setting before the centre stone.

Thanks - I love the ring, one thing I have noticed though at the risk of sounding ungrateful or OCD , I was expecting the overall look would be slightly larger because I thought the melee would be a little larger than it had turned out, so that did ever so slightly disappointment me.
For those of you that know Frankiextah's journey, I think my melee is similar to the size on her second Emilya with the larger stone (which is much bigger than mine).
I was hoping for a halo width similar to her first Emilya as her stone proportions from her 1st is almost identical to mine.
This is what we asked Victor for and I'd requested the same width of halo (gave specs) but I really do believe mine looks thinner. Not to say it isn't the best 'look' for my stone, it may very well be - it just wasn't what I'd requested.

Overall I LOVE the ring, it will just take a little while to get used to a different and ever so slightly smaller look to what I was expecting with regard to the halo size and overall width of setting.

We are talking about 0.5 mm's here so these differences might not be visible to some, I'm a detail nut.
Will post some more pics :) I love it, just wish it matched exactly what we'd requested.

darkness13

Rough_Rock
laurenk|1402949681|3694428 said:
Gorgeous ring and congratulations on your engagement! It feels wonderful finally having that ring on your finger doesn't it! How did you find your whole process re ordering from the USA? By sister just announced her engagement and we live in Queensland but feel nervous about buying overseas and online.....

Laurenk - I don't blame her for feeling nervous, we certainly were. BUT if she buys through a reputable diamond dealer and jeweller then you are safe, I think clear communication is key.
If I can help in any way, I'd be happy to :)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks smashing and certainly one of the largest diamond rings you would see locally - you lucky girl! :love: :appl: The thinner halo is very tasteful and classic.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
darkness13|1402964232|3694602 said:
arkieb1|1402962657|3694572 said:

Thanks - I love the ring, one thing I have noticed though at the risk of sounding ungrateful or OCD , I was expecting the overall look would be slightly larger because I thought the melee would be a little larger than it had turned out, so that did ever so slightly disappointment me.
For those of you that know Frankiextah's journey, I think my melee is similar to the size on her second Emilya with the larger stone (which is much bigger than mine).
I was hoping for a halo width similar to her first Emilya as her stone proportions from her 1st is almost identical to mine.
This is what we asked Victor for and I'd requested the same width of halo (gave specs) but I really do believe mine looks thinner. Not to say it isn't the best 'look' for my stone, it may very well be - it just wasn't what I'd requested.

Overall I LOVE the ring, it will just take a little while to get used to a different and ever so slightly smaller look to what I was expecting with regard to the halo size and overall width of setting.

We are talking about 0.5 mm's here so these differences might not be visible to some, I'm a detail nut.
Will post some more pics :) I love it, just wish it matched exactly what we'd requested.

Just have to say that this is probably my favourite VC design even though last minute I went with a different design. I love the round emilya halos so much and honestly although I love them all Frankies last one and your one is my absolute favourite and its what I requested, until I changed design. I know you may have been expecting something slightly different but seriously I think it looks perfect this way and gives you enormous finger coverage. I would trust that Victor did this size melee for a reason and I'd bet it was to achieve the best visual look for your stone possible. But at the same time I can understand what your saying, its hard when you cant see things irl, Im also in Australia so Im in the same boat haha. I bet you have the one of the most stunning rings in WA :love:

darkness13

Rough_Rock
Thanks paulav, gypsy and everyone else that has commented.
I feel lucky every day to have such a beautiful fiancé, baby boy and now beautiful ring to match.
Your compliments are all really appreciated.
I feel uncomfortable saying anything negative as I am so thankful and proud to wear such a beautiful peice from such a beautiful man.
But hey, this is the one place I feel safe to explore these questions I am grappling with, I'm mean that's one of the reasons this forum exists right?! :)
Sometimes it's not appropriate to voice thoughts to your fiancé as you don't want them to think there is any element of negativity and this is that example where I wouldn't say anything to him because he cares so much about whether I'm 100% happy or not and I just couldn't do that to such a selfless man - he's too special.

That's why talking through it to all of you is just such and blessing to me.
Sometimes working through some areas of concern via a forum where like people can provide some comfort,
can result in it disapaiting all together :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was something I could not put my finger on why I loved how this emilya looked. Somehow it looked different from the other ones that I have seen. I wouldn't choose a round Emilya, but it is the most beautiful one I've seen. Makes me rethink. Congratulations!!

darkness13

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1402974754|3694701 said:
There was something I could not put my finger on why I loved how this emilya looked. Somehow it looked different from the other ones that I have seen. I wouldn't choose a round Emilya, but it is the most beautiful one I've seen. Makes me rethink. Congratulations!!
oh thank you, I think Ive hit the nail on the head when I have commented that my melee sized halo is smaller than most and the only other one like it Ive seen on PS is Frankie's current Emilya halo set around the 3+ carat stone she upgraded to.
Both rings seem to extra very small melee and this makes a difference to the overall look compared to the other Emilya halos Ive seen (I think mine has 28 around the halo).

Its quite exquisit, theres no arguing that! :appl:
I was just a little disappointed that if it had of been more standard sized VC melee, I would have had slightly more finger coverage than what Ive ended up with - you know?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results