shape
carat
color
clarity

My Steven Kirsch halo re-set is here!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy, I didn't ask. Feel free to call Neil and ask though. The only difference that Neil commented on was that the polish wasn't quite as 'mirrior-like' as Leon, BGD and MWM achieve-- still better than average though. Neil considers the mirror like polish very much outside the norm. And polish is something that can always be addressed IMO-- next time I send something to BGD I can always send this in and have them perfect it. I was most concerned wish safety and skill of the pave setting... those were as good as Leon.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Divine! :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Nice! I love the way it looks now. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love the comparison shots, Gypsy. I really thought the original could not have been better....you completely made a better version of perfection. You have a great eye! It truly makes your stone the star. :love: :love: :love: :love:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my dear God, Gypsy! It's absolutely stunning! Perfect, even! Love, love, love it!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE every change that you made!! :love: :love: The thinner halo really makes your stone stand out so much more, as does the thinner shank. I also like the look of the new head. The changes are subtle but really make a difference! What a gorgeous ring, one of my favorite asscher rings on PS!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the reset Gypsy! A really beautiful ring!! :love:

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
So so so happy for you Gypsy!!!! Looks incredible!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really looks amazing--I love the change!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to drool over your ring. It's sheer perfection! I :love: it!!!! Enjoy it in good health! You deserve it.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, it came out beautiful! It really showcases your stone! Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely on your hand - the more narrowly shaped halo really shows off the shape of the stone :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! I really love the result. It's bugging the heck out of me that I can't get some good handshots on here. DH is going to try to find a replacement cable tomorrow or Wednesday.

I'm thinking of selling my Scott Kay wedding band and getting something different for the new setting. Not sure what though.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
So I'm totally late to the game, but your reset is crazy gorgeous, Gypsy!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Seriously, your ring has got to be one of my all-time favorite halo rings. I love the plain shank too!

dreamingoftacori

Rough_Rock
From a fellow lover and owner of a plain shank halo i LOVE the reset. the smaller melee really lets your center diamond stand out much better! Congratz on the new ring and I hope you are able to enjoy it and wear it more than the original!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
YAY! :appl:

Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay!

It looks absolutely PERFECT Gypsy! I liked your ring before, but now - holy moly it's perfection. Smalle subtle changes that added up to an absolutely stupendous whole! Wear it, and love it, and for the love of pete find your camera cord. ;)) :mrgreen:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, an excellent reset all the way around...it is lovely! The best improvement is that hopefully you will wear that stunner now on a daily basis? Congrats!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys. I've been wearing it every other day :bigsmile: . Only reason I'm not wearing it everyday is the lower head is (didn't even think of this) right at the same height as my wedding band and that's pave and I don't want it to eat the gallery. Wearing it on it's own today, and it looks lonely. When I am in Vegas next month I'm going to try it out with different wedding bands and see what I think. They have the best selection. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

In the meantime I'm keeping my eye out for a used plain platinum at 1.8-2mm and thinking of selling my scott kay pave band.

Any thoughts on my re-sizing my Aurora for my right hand? It's going to be a pain, as it means re-doing the bridge where the stones are set, but BGD will do it for me. I'm just wondering if I think it's the right thing to do?

Opinions welcome.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1302119139|2889440 said:
Thank you guys. I've been wearing it every other day :bigsmile: . Only reason I'm not wearing it everyday is the lower head is (didn't even think of this) right at the same height as my wedding band and that's pave and I don't want it to eat the gallery. Wearing it on it's own today, and it looks lonely. When I am in Vegas next month I'm going to try it out with different wedding bands and see what I think. They have the best selection. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

In the meantime I'm keeping my eye out for a used plain platinum at 1.8-2mm and thinking of selling my scott kay pave band.

Any thoughts on my re-sizing my Aurora for my right hand? It's going to be a pain, as it means re-doing the bridge where the stones are set, but BGD will do it for me. I'm just wondering if I think it's the right thing to do?

Opinions welcome.

Yes, I think you should - but after you find a wedding band you're happy wearing with your e-ring. Otherwise you'll have to choose between two pieces you love, and that sucks.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Wouldn't have thought you could improve on it but you did, fabulously!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love it and I think it was definitely worth doing over. The profile is absolutely perfect!

Gypsy, if I could ask you a question.... I always wanted a Leon, but I'm realistically never going to have one because I just don't have a Leon type budget. Is SK any more reasonable?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love it :appl: Have you thought of wearing the Aurora as your wedding band and your newly reset asscher as a RHR?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
gemgirl|1302122441|2889495 said:
I really love it and I think it was definitely worth doing over. The profile is absolutely perfect!

Gypsy, if I could ask you a question.... I always wanted a Leon, but I'm realistically never going to have one because I just don't have a Leon type budget. Is SK any more reasonable?

Well, I'm not really sure I'm the best person to answer this. If I'd have asked Leon to laser off my existing halo, keep my current shank and "make it work" with a new halo... I'm pretty sure he would have had a vein explode in his head at the request. As it was Maytal was horrified I even ASKED her to do it. So... I don't know what Leon would have charged me, even IF he would have done it... which I can NOT imagine he would have. So I didn't ask. As far I was concerned it would have been like asking a cow to do calculus. :tongue:

That said, from what I understand from conversations with others, Steven's pricing is lower than Leons on most projects. He's VERY approachable ON THE PHONE. Highly recommend just calling him and asking him what he'd charge for whatever you have in mind. Or if you have a budget in mind for a project, ask him if he can work with it. I think, and I hope I'm not speaking out of term, Steven really ENJOYS what he does... and enjoys working with people who appreciate his work. I think that translates into a designer who is willing to work with you, and your budget (within reason) to get to a place you will both be happy with.

But again, that's just my impression. My actual project isn't one where I was able to do a direct pricing comparison, so I can't speak to that.

RS-- I thought about it, but my right ring finger is a full size larger than my left. My Aurora band has the coverage and the in your face bling-power to handle being sized up and still look substantial. My poor asscher on my size 6 left hand is already doing its best with the halo. I don't think putting it on my right hand would do much for it... except bring on DSS again.

Thank you ArtD!

Gecko... yeah, I think you are right on the timing. I would love to go to the wedding in May with the Aurora on my right and my asscher on my left, but until I find a wedding band, I should probably hold off on the re-sizing. Hmm...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I know this is a slightly unusual opinion, but if the rings were mine, I'd keep both for the left hand. I'd wear the wedding set some days and the Aurora others. That way neither gets worn out and you enjoy the change of scenery. Now part of that is because I don't care that much about wearing a ring on my right hand. But also, it is okay to have more than one wedding ring/set, and that is what I hope to have, too! I just can't settle on what I want my other one to be!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl|1302122441|2889495 said:

I know you aren't asking me but from my experience .. they are pretty much on par with price. The difference is that SK does trickier projects and is willing to do what you want and what it takes to make you happy. I think the type of projects he takes on will make him better and better because he is doing the tough stuff for extremly picky clients!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning, congrats!!!!!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are the new hand shots?? :))

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's lovely, Gypsy! More pics please...

As far as sizing the Aurora for your right hand, I'd do it. I have almost all of my rings sized for my left/wed finger, and I'm not crazy about only getting to wear one at a time. I'd love to have the option to wear one on each hand. It can be hard to choose. My initial thought was that I'd like to keep a ring-free clumsy right hand so I can baby the left, but as I get older-I want to wear one on the right!
hth

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, I missed another stunning piece!! Sheer perfection on so many levels Gypsy! :love: Wear it in Good health!!!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh it's beautiful! A halo with a plain shank is one of my favourite looks ever. Adore :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results