shape
carat
color
clarity

My seven stone ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the only piece of jewelry I have from my dad to my mom. My parent''s had a tempestuous relationship and well... my mom kept tossing away (literally) her diamond rings in fits of temper... this is the fourth that my dad bought her (and the least expensive lmao) and the only one that survived both their tempers, and our (my mother''s and my) immigration to the states, and her subsequent serious illness (menengitis) which caused her to have to sell every piece of jewelry other than this one, which she saved to give me one day. So it''s special to me.

Wink had it re-shanked with a WG shank and dipped in whitegold, plus the prongs were re-tipped. Right now it''s sized to my left hand as a place holder, and once my e-ring comes back reset, I''ll have it re-sized to wear on my right hand (which is 3/4 of size larger than my left hand)... with a couple of bands (I have yet to buy, but am eyeing Hidalgo) on either side of it as stackables.

So ... here''s the first pic... my first SUCESSFUL flower shot, not as nice as some of yours (in the kitchen with a potted orchid) but I''m happy with it.

Gypsy 7 stone2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A close up of the gallery, each stone has four prongs... a little blurry, still trying to figure out the new camera in low light.

Gypsy 7 stone1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Distance hand shot... with Duncan to beautify the shot.

Gypsy 7 stone5.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring Gypsy. Duncan is one gorgeous cat!!!

Linda

Foureyes

Rough_Rock
That ring is so lovely! I like the shot from the distance; the stones are a really great size. What''s the ctw on it?

Also, I think stacking rings would look really cool with it. It''s nice that you have a piece with such sentimental value
1.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Awww Gypsy, it''s beautiful. But it''s main beauty is in the story it holds for you. I can''t wait to see it with bands in all its glory.

a

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 11:39:27 PM
Author: Linda W
Beautiful ring Gypsy. Duncan is one gorgeous cat!!!

Linda

He is gorgeous isn''t he? He''s my prince. Puts diamonds to shame.

4.gif

I don''t have ANY information on the band(I know, don''t kick me off PS)... no carat weight, or color information yet, it''s not appraised or insured (working on it) all I know is that one of the stones is probably an eyeclean SI1-ish and the rest are higher clarity than that-- a couple even look loupe clean. If I had to guess I''d say the stones were about 3 mm or so each, but I could be COMPLETELY wrong.

2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Gypsy!! And love seeing new pics of Duncan. Gosh is he gorgeous!! How is he doing?? Give him a head bonk from me, would give you head bonks from my doggies, but that''s against PS protocol methinks!!
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Duncan''t doing great, thanks for asking-- consider the head bonks (even to your lovely dogs Kaleigh) returned! His jaw was just fine last time he got checked out... although he is due for his yearly exam in November so he''ll have an x-ray to check his jaw then. He''s my love!

Duncan Shnookerdoodle.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here''s Hally, my ring, and Frodo in the background looking on from a safe distance.

Gypsy 7 stone6.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-it''s beautiful and it looks great on you! And the fact that your mom saved it just for you, even when she was selling everything else, makes it extra special.

Gorgeous ring...and gorgeous cats, too! I have three cats, too...and I also love them more than anything, including diamonds!
5.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Aw! Your kitty''s are beautiful, as are your diamonds! Really great photos!! I love how your ring is set, it really shows off the diamonds from the side!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, gotta love all the kitties! Your ring is beautiful and the meaning and story that goes with it is very special!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 12:01:35 AM
Author: Gypsy

He is gorgeous isn''t he? He''s my prince. Puts diamonds to shame.

4.gif

I don''t have ANY information on the band(I know, don''t kick me off PS)... no carat weight, or color information yet, it''s not appraised or insured (working on it) all I know is that one of the stones is probably an eyeclean SI1-ish and the rest are higher clarity than that-- a couple even look loupe clean. If I had to guess I''d say the stones were about 3 mm or so each, but I could be COMPLETELY wrong.

2.gif

You know what? It doesn''t even matter.

It''s beautiful, the perfect size, and sentimental. Nuff said.

Love it Gypsy! Wear it in good health.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful gypsy...

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how lucky are you?! a beautiful piece of jewelry with sentiment to go with it. it doesn''t get better than that!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, it''s lovely! And I think the story behind it is wonderful--you''re so lucky to have a special family piece!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and sweet cats!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

It is a special ring for me. It reminds me of how lucky I am to have found John, and that our relationship is nothing like my parents. Strange but true. You can''t tell from the pics, but the stones are nice and firey, despite being less than ideal cut (ring is 35 years old)... and well, it''s fiting, as their relationship was firey and less than ideal. I appreciate it for what it is, a symbol of where I came from, and a reminder of how far I''ve come.

Any suggestions of thin bands in WG (with color is perfect.. enamel like hidalgo, or gemstone) would be very welcome.

I tried to get a picture of Frodo, but he''s afraid of the camera... so I have to try and catch him with the zoom... and Hally''s a bit of a camera hog so each time I line up a shot... before I can take it I get Hally whiskers, tail, eye, head in the way. I''d like to change my AV to a Frodo pic, but thanks to his own feral insticts, and Hally''s love of the limelight, I''ve been unsuccessful.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely and its really neat that it is so sentimental.
Thanks for sharing it with us
1.gif

p.s. your kitties are too cute...!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

Love your kitties. Duncans fur is beautiful. I never saw a cat with his color fur before. Simply gorgeous.

Linda

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring looks so good, Gypsy!!! Not to mention all the special meaning it has to you....looks fantastic!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo pretty! I want a seven stone like that for my w-ring.
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very pretty, Gypsy! Naturally I would like it since I have one very similar!
2.gif
But it is very special since it is from your mother.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your beautiful ring, and the story behind it! Aw, look at all the pretty kitties!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AH HAH! I got one! A picture of Frodo... very hard to come by. He was hunting a bug that had gotten in.

Thank you all for the compliments on the ring!

DS... yours is much nicer than mine, but thank you for a favorable comparison.

Here''s Dodo:

Frodo Dodo Kitty.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Toooooooooooooooo cute Gypsy. Love that picture of him.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results