shape
carat
color
clarity

My Second E-Ring: a Lovely Marquise :)

marshmellowluver

Rough_Rock
Premium
Sometime ago, I started loving the marquise shape -- I know there is less love for marquise nowadays but I personally think it's such a classic, beautiful shape that may compliment a lot of people. My family and I didn't live in the States during the 80s, so the 80s stigma doesn't bother me a bit on the shape.

This is a project within a tight budget though, as I truly love and will be wearing my original ering more often than this one, and cannot justify spending a lot on a second ring. Finally a stone came up from Union diamond that fits my budget and was one of their "Ideal Cuts". The perfect size that I am looking for and at a fantastic price point.

For anyone thinking about purchasing from Union diamond, I will highly recommend them as they have just been very helpful, personable, and never pushy throughout the process. Tony Rixom answered all my questions patiently even though this was a purchase at a lower price point. They also did everything faster than what I would have expected. I received the ring only 3 days after the order!

The ring is gorgeous :love: : marquise have a unique sparkle that is more subtle than my ideal round brilliant, but its very catchy and firey. I also included some comparison shots to my original 1.2 ct round e-ring for comparison. And for anyone wondering, marquise does have a lot of spread for its carat size!

Stats on the stone: GIA graded, 0.82 ct, G color, I2 clarity (mostly eye clean, and the low clarity grade made it very affordable for the size and color)

img_20140627_221017.jpg

img_20140627_221501.jpg

img_20140627_221634.jpg

img_20140627_221659.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really lovely!!! :love: I think marquise stones looks so pretty on the hand, and great finger coverage - looks really nice with the band! So fun to have different shaped diamonds, congrats and enjoy your new sparkly!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I have always thought marquis diamonds look so elegant.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Marquise stones are going to be back in fashion at the moment anyway!!!! Congrats.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect size for your hand! I love it- but then I am an 80's bride and a marquise solitaire WAS my original ering! :D

Enjoy this new treasure!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful. I love marquise cut diamonds and have one as a right hand ring myself. I did get married in the 80's so I still like them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. I gave my marquise to my mother as a birthday present. I miss it. ;(

But that's the cost of being a good daughter :lol:

You're making me extra jealous.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, congrats. Are you going to wear it as a rhr?

Although not popular on ps, I think that there is a beauty and mystique to fancy cuts. I have two marquise diamonds myself, one in a pendant and the other in a rhr.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn't an 80s bride but I still think this ring is the bees knees. Beautiful shape, big and bright. I would love to see more pictures!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new ring. :love: It's very elegant and sophisticated and looks so beautiful on your lovely hand. Wear in health and happiness. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! Marquises are soooo elegant on the hand. And the spread is amazing indeed!!

q8girl

Rough_Rock
Lovely ring !!! I also have a marquise ring in East -West setting and it gives absolutely amazing coverage.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks very elegant on your hand! Lovely!

(Niel, what a sweet thing to do for your mom!)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
classic solitaire never goes out of style. Very pretty!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a marquise solitaire . Looks beautiful on your hand.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say buy what you love! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results