shape
carat
color
clarity

My radiant 3 stone ring is done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Suzy, well done. I love it!!!! It matches your style of er to a "T." BOOTIFUL!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

shay

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2006 2:22:42 PM
Author: SuzyQZ

You are right, the pictures don't show any color difference between the H center and the J sides.

... Initially we had purchased three one carat 'J' stones, but we returned one of them because we could see color through the pavilion AND especially in sunlight on one of the J's. So when we went back to the broker we tried to match another third 1 carat 'J', but were unsuccessful. ... the H color matched my lowly 'J's' perfectly.

I don't think any expert can see more than you guys did, and I am not at all surprised that you had to look across a couple of different grades to actually match colors - that's one story about how reliable grading is I am afraid.

Thanks for the story.
1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring turned out beautifully - it really compliments your wedding ring! The ring looks very substantial and impressive. I am glad that you are so pleased with the way it turned out. Thanks for sharing and please post more pictures - I too would love to see a sunlight picture.

Congrats to you and enjoy your new bling!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
what spectacular diamonds! the setting is very unique too and i love how it complements your e-ring. congrats!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is stunning and complements your e-ring beautifully!

And you really don''t need to be so modest.
2.gif
I''d love to see sunlight pics when you take them.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Just got back home and I stopped in to check out my post. Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

Sundial - I actually posted this thread because I promised you I would
9.gif
I''m glad you found it!
36.gif

Ticori E-Ring, Shay37, MissGotRocks, PunchNPie75 and Blenheim (hope i didn''t miss anyone) - You''ve all been so complementary and welcoming, thank you for making me smile
1.gif
about my new ring!

Valeria101: Yes, I think you are right, the gradings must be off on at least one of these diamonds, but what the heck, it worked out in the end for me and I''m happy. We let our "eyes" dictate over the "paper" grade. The ring didn''t cost us a fortune (from a diamond purchase perspective that is) and I think it looks like we spent way more than we did! It brings me great pleasure everytime I look at it. I just smile and can''t believe it''s mine! I have a wonderful husband who just wants to make me happy.
30.gif

So, I''m hopeful that tomorrow will be a sunny day (I live in California). I''ll clean up my new ring with some SparkleSparkle Gold and take some more pictures outside in the sun (fingers crossed). Check back tommorrow and see how I did (remember, I''m just an amateur so be kind!)

Thanks again to everyone!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here are pictures in the sun.

sun 3 burst 4-2-06.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Another 3 burst.

sun 3 burst b 4-2-06.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
blue flash

sun blue flash 4-2-06.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Because these are radiant cuts. There is a lot if color going on "inside" the stones. I don''t know if this picture will show you what I see with my eyes, but I''ll give it a try. Here it is.

sun internal colors 4-2-06.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Let me just say that taking pictures of a diamond ring in direct sunlight is really, REALLY, hard. Half the time my camera wouldn''t focus because of all the colored flashes and starbursts coming from the diamond and when it did focus, I don''t think it captured all the little flashes that were going on. I would describe it like fireworks going off inside the stones. The camera seems to find the bigger flashes, but even those are not adequately represented in these pictures. I think that stones with more defined facets will photograph better because a radiant is like a bunch of little flashes going off in a random pattern. Also, it was really hard getting close up to the ring without blocking the sun with my head.

Well, I hope you are happy with the pictures and my ring lived up to your expectations. We''re going to Costco and Home Depot for the first time today since I got my ring, so I''m going to really enjoy the "super bling light show" those stores lights bring out in diamond rings. I''ll just let my husband shop for as long as he wants and I''ll just stand there and look at my sparkly
9.gif
!!!

Thanks to everyone!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great new pics! Love the sparkles coming off those babies!!! I''ve found that you have to take about 50 pictures to get one or two good ones. I''m with you on going places with good lighting to admire your diamonds. Do you think other shoppers notice us staring at our rings???

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Those look like lovely stones!!! Congrats!!! And I really like how you can actually see the cut corners...a fab feature of the radiant thatusually gets covered up by prongs!

koko

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a pretty rainbow affect! I don''t think I''ll find my "pot ''o gold" like that gorgeous ring until my 50th wedding anniversary.....if I''m lucky!
21.gif
Congrats on your beautiful ring and thanks for sharing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY!
30.gif
30.gif
beautiful firey rainbows ( as Miss Koko says
3.gif
) coming off those babies - thanks for sharing!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial - Yup, I hang out at those stores with those fabulous lights all the time. I just love how they make your rings dance! I imagine that there are plenty of others there too doing the same thing, I just don''t notice because I''m too busy looking at my own diamond party!
1.gif

Moremoremore - The cut corners are a radiant characteristic that I love too. Most of the time people assume I have really sparkly princess cut stones, but I tell them "no, these are radiants, check out the cut corners!" Then they say... "Oh, yeah that''s so cool!" Most people that I explain this to have never even heard of or seen a radiant cut before, so I''m the first to show them how they are different from princess cuts. I really like that! Many have said, "oh I''ve got to get me one of those!"

Koko- This ring is my 10th wedding anniversary ring. When my husband and I first got married, times were pretty lean. Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would ever own a ring like this. We''ve been blessed with good health and good fortune. I wish that your dream ring will be in your future someday soon too, hopefully sooner rather than later!
9.gif

Lorelei - Thank you for the compliment, the "triplets" really are someting special.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SuzyQZ -

The ''sunshine'' pictures are great - photographing diamonds is really challenging huh?

I too love to go to those stores - I guess it''s a good thing we don''t have those lights in our homes - we would never get anything done!

Again, enjoy your ring and thanks for joining us!

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Suzy, that ring turned out wonderfully! Very sleek yet substantial, and shows off those beautiful radiants! What a nice way to commemorate this special anniversary.
1.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks- Yes, photographing diamonds is very hard, like trying to take a picture into a mirror. It was worth it to get these few shots. My favorite room in my home is the bathroom, my ring really rocks in there. Maybe I could put some "Home Depot" lights in my living room... hmm, too much ya think
31.gif
??

Diamond-quester- Thanks for your kind words. Yes, this is a special anniversary, it''s my second marriage, I''m 49ish
2.gif
and JUST celebrating a 10 year anniversary. I have 2 children, one in college and one a junior in HS, they are pretty grown up (and have their own jobs) so this is the first time that we''ve been able to throw a little of our hard earned money, my way
36.gif
! I felt a little guilty at first, but that lasted just for about one nano-second!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
wow- talk about finger spanage! hehe...

those radiants are stunning though, and make for a substantial ring! so pretty...

aimdog

Rough_Rock
Your ring is HUGE!
30.gif
So Elegant! Congrats!
36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2006 3:21:36 PM
Author: aimdog
Your ring is HUGE!
30.gif
So Elegant! Congrats!
36.gif
Aimdog:
Thanks for the compliment.
If I remember correctly, your ring weighs in at over 3 ctw.
31.gif
Not too shabby yourself! I just absolutely LOVE your ring, it's beautiful. I'm so happy to find another radiant lover out there!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Suzy - what a gorgeous set of radiants!!! And the setting is so simple and it just flows so elegantly.

Congrats on the wonderful ring!!

Rosierock

Rough_Rock
Wow! what a beautiful ring! I absolutely love the fact that it is so different and unique. The design is very clean and sleak, I love the diamonds too! I bet you get loads of compliments on it! well done :)
36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Just returned to my thread after some time and saw your comments. Thanks to you both flopkins and rosierock for your compliments on my 3 stone ring.

I agree that the setting is simple, elegant and unique. It is not a ring style for everyone and certainly not a classic style. My husband designed my wedding ring (the princess diamond) and when we went back to the jeweler we wanted something similar. The setting side view reminds me of a "crown" with the three diamonds being held up by each point. I think of princess and radiants as a more modern style cut and therefore like a more modern and substantial setting. I''m a BIG fan of Claude Thibaudeau''s "La Trinite" settings. He''s awsome!

I get immesurable pleasure from my ring every day. And believe it or not, at over 3.5ctw, I''m experiencing deadly diamond shrinkage syndrome (DDSS)! Not that I think my ring is small, no not at all, but rather that it seems perfectly normal sized to me. I don''t think of it as big ring at all. When people remark. "Oh my gosh, that ring and those diamonds are huge!" I''m usually caught off guard and have to remind myselft that it is!

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to comment. I love PS, and I lurk here everyday, several times a day because I just have the need to feed my love of all things sparklie (feed the beast!). And where else is one to go?? PS is the best!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to post a picture of Claude Thibaudeau''s "La Trinite" ring for you, but could not as his website pictures are protected. If anyone is interested in a more modern style three stone ring, here is his website. I think he is an awesome designer!

http://www.claudethibaudeau.com/

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooooh SUZY! I saw your other thread about your wedding ring makeover, but for some reason, I couldn''t reply to that thread. Anyway, the repolish was AMAZING. And I love that ring. I have to ask, is your husband an architect? His designs are very structural and modern, kind of reminds me of the work of Le Corbusier and Mies van der Rohe. I LOVE both of your rings. Cheers to radiants!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Jewel:

Thank you for the complement. It''s funny that you should pick up on my husbands "architect" tendencies in your question because even though he is not an architect by trade (he''s in medical sales) he is an expert carpenter, plumber, electrician, you name it he can build it. He draws out plans by hand and plots different views of our home with all kinds of remodeling ideas. He really has a wonderful eye, great three dimensional perspective AND can put these ideas on paper. A real renaissance man.

His expert eye and input was invaluable when we purchase our three radiant diamonds. Our jeweler said he did an amazing job at matching them up and the he couldn''t have done better himself with all his training. My husband didn''t pay attention to the certs, he just looked at the diamonds loose and put together three that he liked. I would venture to pick a solitare on my own, but three loose diamonds, no way.

His imput into my wedding ring (princess solitaire) was all his design and our jeweler made his idea a reality. I love my wedding ring because it reminds me of him and his distinctive style. For the three stone right hand ring we went with an existing design that we thought complemented my wedding ring. My husband didn''t design that one, but was happy with the style of it, so we just went with it.

I just got a new camera (Canon Powershot SD800 IS), so you may see some new pictures of my pretties in another thread. I realize my rings are not mainstream in style and not most people''s taste, but I do love the weight, and uniqueness of them.

Thanks again for the complement I will pass it on to my hubbie, he is always so proud when people notice my rings!
35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like your 3 stone ring suzy. While they are unique I don''t think that they are weird or too "far out"

I think they appeal to alot of the people here on PS!

I''m looking forward to more photos.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Stonehunter:

Thank you for your kind words and compliment.

I''m hoping this weekend we''ll get some nice sun and I can try out my new camera. With the time change, it''s so dark when I get home so I''ll have to wait until this weekend. I want to take some new pictures of both my rings since my new camera is so much better than the old one. I want to play around with the different settings and options and see what I get.

I was able to capture the Claude Tibaudeau ring that was the inspiration for my three stone. Here''s the picture from his website.

http___2creationthibaudeau copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results