shape
carat
color
clarity

My Quest Jeweler''s Jubilee e-ring reset (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh princess it''s stunning!!! it really looks beautiful, that jube!

i also second or third whoever said that the pictures sometimes are misleading, i know i have seen a bunch of pictures on here and then in person the rings look super delicate. maybe the bezel is not really as large as it seems, and honestly i would not have noticed it either as a negative, and i think it frames the diamond nicely.

regardless of the bezel, that is one fantabulously beautiful ring and so unique with the jube!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I would fourth or fifth the pictures misleading bit. Having the pleasure of inspecting Kaleigh''s ring in person, I would say that things that look massive in magnified pictures are not that big in real life. It looks great. I know Quest will do whatever they need to to make you happy.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!

Slammie: I didn''t ask them to make it slanted I think Rose at Quest took some artistic license to do that. Anyway after looking at the waxes I decided I really liked that. I think it brings more focus to the center stone.

Ok as far as the bezel goes...here''s the thing. When I was at Quest, Pete showed me a Gottlieb & Sons setting he had in stock. It was for a round diamond but had a bezel similar to this Ritani. (I couldn''t find the Gottlieb one online
14.gif
)

Anyway when I viewed that Gottlieb originally, I made a comment to Pete that the thick metal bezel was NOT what I wanted at all. I totally agree with all your comments not to change it if I haven''t seen it. But the fact is, I saw that setting and asked him today if the bezel on my ring was similar to the Gottlieb ring which he said "Yes, it was pretty substantial." The thing is...opps gotta attach another picture so I''ll do it in the next post to be less confusing.
35.gif

1PC1617DRP_big.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Anyway, on the Daniel K seen here. I like the miligraining on the inside, I think it makes the metal look less substantial. However, when designing my ring Pete said that he thought we should leave out the miligraining on the inside to give more of an illusion that it's one big diamond rather than diamond, miligraining, diamonds then miligraining. I agreed since he said the less metal the better which is what I was totally going for. So when I saw the bezel metal I was pretty disappointed because it was totally NOT what I wanted at all. Hopefully, the miligraining will fix it or like he said worst case scenario they'll recast the halo.
38.gif

ETA: Am I being too picky??

danielkcushionempress321.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is really beautiful like it is! I do think it is the magnification that is creating the problem to a certain extent.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Honestly I would see the ring as is before deciding what to do, especially since in the beginning you did not want the milgrain. How far are you from Quest? Would the shipping charges be too much if you needed to send it back?

Otherwise, I personally think it looks AWESOME, but I totally understand that you wanted it a bit different, and you shouldn''t have to sacrifice.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I think that it is beautiful. It is not, however, my ring. You have to love it or it will drive you nuts. Have them make it exactly as you want. You are paying for that service after all. Other than that, I think it is totally scrumptious.

shay

princessv

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for your input diamondseeker, Rascal and Shay!

I never had a problem with miligraining on the inside. Taking the miligraining out of the inside was Pete''s idea and I agreed because I wanted more of a diamond look and less metal.

The Tiffany Legacy was my original inspiration for my ring (another reason why I think Quest angled down the halo) seen here.

engagement_legacy_legacy3.jpg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! It is gorgeous!! I can''t wait to see that on your hand!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Princess why don''t you look at it in person first before having them mod it? Just a thought! I personally like your look better than the Tiffany Legacy (I really dont like that ring! haha) because it seems to have more ''clean'' lines. But it''s your ring of course, just thinking out loud here.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Rascal and Mara I wish I could see it before, but I am about 3 hours away from Quest
39.gif
!!

Worst case scenario, if they fix it and I don''t like it with the miligraining, I''ll get them to recast it with less of a bezel much more like Kaleigh''s. I hope Kaleigh doesn''t mind that I say this but her ring is there at Quest atm and Pete did admit that her bezel was less thick than mine.

Mara: I''m being curious why don''t you like the Legacy? Is it just the miligraining?

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Regardless of what you decide re: the bezel, it''s an absolutely STUNNING ring!

I also agree with those who have said the magnified pictures may be mis-leading re: the size of the bezel.

I must say I''ve been tremendously impressed with the custom work by Quest Jewelers that is displayed on this Forum. I can''t wait to see the finished product!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girl, just 3 hours away? Take a drive!! It''s your ring! I would definitely go see it in person. Hello I am flying to Texas to see my upgrade when that happens! hehehe.
2.gif

The Legacy just has never really been a ring I LOVED...I think because the ones we have seen on here are usually just like really huge and bulky looking on small delicate hands. I think that your ring looks HANDS DOWN better than any Legacy we have ever seen on here. I like milgraining too, but just don''t love that particular ring design.

mamchris

Rough_Rock
I think they have done a beautiful job with the ring. The pictures look stunning. But no matter how much we all love it you are truly the one that will see this piece everyday, so you must be happy. Give it a try, but don''t settle if it is not right. I have learned from experience that if it bothered me in the beginning, down the line it is still going to bother me. My husband learned this about me too.....the hard way. I am following along with my custom process just behind you, so I know how you must be feeling. I am sure it will all work out for you.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Brown Eyes: thanks I really loved the quality of Quest''s work on here as well and with Kaleigh''s stunning ring and the closeness of the location...there was really no question for me.
2.gif

Mara: You''ve twisted my arm! LOL I''m going to visit Quest tommorow...hopefully they will have the miligrain modification done already. That way if I decide I really don''t like it Pete won''t think its just from the magnified pictures and we''ll be on board with what I want exactly. Thanks for the advice!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I don''t mind at all. That''s why I didn''t have him send it back to me today. You can have it there as long as you like. I am wearing my pink sapphire right now, so no biggie. For those that are wondering why my ring is there, something got stuck behind one of the melee stones and it needed cleaning.
2.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
It''s stunningly gorgeous! When I had mine made, I worried about the size of the bezel as well....but, in person, it''s very delicate! I was totally freaked out when I saw the pics of my ring, and then so relieved when I got to see the ring in person! All that magnification is evil!

Take a road-trip! Then you''ll know for sure!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY a visit sounds awesome PV and it''s way more fun than wondering about pictures!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you have decided to go and visit quest and take a look at your ring in person. How fun
36.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks pretty close to Kaleigh''s to me. Wondering if polishing the bezel''s edge at an angle on the outside, and perhaps setting a hair larger pave (possible? don''t know) on the halo would result in less metal showing and the look you wanted.

Just an idea.

The ring looks great to me as is
1.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks tawn, Mara, mrssalvo and Ana! Blah I just think about 6 long hours on the road today
14.gif
but at least I''ll be sure about everything! I just hope what they are doing turns out good for me!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I have to say I prefer the milgraining like the one on the Tiffany legacy you posted than a plain bezel...

I hope it turns out perfectly!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Princess - Sorry I''ve been so out of the loop...

I think your ring is just LOVELY!! I see what you mean about the Bezel, but I think it will look good either way!

Are you bringing a camera to get handshots at Quest?

I can''t wait to see it!

Melissa

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Drive safely, PV. It will all work out in the end, I know that for sure.
1.gif

tarssarb

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 3:40:45 PM
Author: slammie
YEAH!!! pics!! yippeeee!!! Princess, it looks stunning!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
but I do like Kaleigh''s bezel a bit better but I bet if I saw it in the flesh I wouldn''t be able to tell.
Question for you..I think I asked Kaleigh too because it looked like it did on hers from her pictures. It looks like the top portion of your halo slants up and if so, did you ask Quest to do this? I hope I''m making sense..I''m trying to decide if I want my ring to have that slanted or not. Here''s a pic to show what I mean..this leon ring does not have the incline.
Hi,

I think with halo''s I like the slant versions as you can see the diamonds from an angle. Who ever sees the ring always from straight above? I suppose it also matters on the finger size, a slant narrows the width slightly.

I think if the center stone is bezel set, a slant is even more important. That leon has prongs that raise the stone above the ring. That works for me, but the simple ritani''s with the flat top look a little strange to me unless the ring is very low (in height). I think then it is a question of proportions and very tough to tell from pictures?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
That ring is gorgeous!!!!! Congrats!

Get the ring the way you want it. If you don''t like the pictures, have it fixed. Simple as that.

tarssarb

Rough_Rock
Princess V, I really like the ring. I think the bezel question is a matter of your own taste when you see it.

I am debating the same issue really with my ering design. I have heard that some jewelers prefer shiney metal bezels because in light it sparkles like the diamond and blends in better. My GF really likes millgrain edges as it implies more work and daintier features. I specifically asked her about the finishing of bezels if I get her a bezel, so I will have them in there for my ring. I frankly can not tell the difference in a day to day sense though.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks anchor, littlelysser (welcome back from the dead
11.gif
31.gif
!), diamondlil, tarssarb and Jelly!

Well I definitely am leaning to just having miligraining on the inside. But, I am trying hard to keep an open mind for when I see it today (hopefully! Quest said they''ll have to see if its done..but I don''t really care if its done I just want to see what they are trying to do so I can either approve or say recast the halo).

tarssarb: I can''t wait to see your finished ring! I really do like the slant for bezel set halos but I think it depends on the actual diamond. For example, bezel set asschers with no slant on the halo looks great! (think Kaleigh''s) I think its because asschers are so flat on top with no rounding. Even with Ritani like rings (think lmurden''s) with rounds don''t look that strange when the bezel is proper. It''s still got that nice little curve. I like miligraining as I feel its more delicate and blends it better, but its definitely just a matter of personal preference.

Come to think of it I might have both in my ring...the way Quest wants to do it. I never know I might actually like it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Drive safe, can''t wait to hear all about it. Say hi to my ring for me, haha.
3.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Princess, Nan for explaining that slant for me. I love it on your ring! I do like the milgraining so i''ll keep my fingers crossed for you today. I wish I could tag along with you!
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results