carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My new Victor Canera Masterpiece - Emilya Halo meets GOG H&A

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: My new Victor Canera Masterpiece - Emilya Halo meets GOG

onedrop|1330988488|3141361 said:
Susi: Your new ring is simply gorgeous!!! VC really does know how to craft a halo doesn't he? Your pictures are awesome as well. Enjoy your new ring!!!

One drop, thank you! :bigsmile:

Victor knows a thing or two when it comes to making a piece of jewellery, doesn't he? ;)) He is amazing!

:wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

mom2boys|1330989171|3141367 said:
It's a timeless classic! It looks huge on your hand, too!

I have a dual shank VC and I love the look of it so you should definitely go for the matching eternity band!

Mom2boys,

If I had known what you were up to I might have asked for a version of yours because it is divine!!! :love: :love: :love:

How are you enjoying it now you have had it for a few weeks?

I am speaking to Victor and hope to have a new band in time for our 15th wedding anniversary in July. :naughty:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Christina...|1330992445|3141389 said:
It's gorgeous!! :love: :love: Congratulations, it looks fantastic on you!!! Great photos too, I'm drooling!

Thank you Christina :wavey:

i cannot wait to see where your journey takes you!!! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Bunny9|1330998771|3141460 said:
Wowwwww.... that's such a gorgeous ring. Thanks for sharing the lovely pics :appl:

Bunny9, thank you!

I adore looking at everyone else's pictures so it is only fair that I share mine with you all. :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Sarahbear621|1331000383|3141479 said:
susimoo|1330955894|3141013 said:
Sarahbear621|1330955194|3141008 said:
Beautiful ring!!! I have to say I'm so jealous because right now my diamond is with Victor also getting the Emilya setting and I still have at least another 3 week wait till I get mine back!

I do have a question though. When I talked to Victor he was really against wearing ANY wedding bands with this ring. Did you alter the Emilya to allow for a band? I'm just curious as I really want to wear a wedding band with my set but don't want to ruin the ring.

Sarah, I know that pain! :o

However, it really is worth it!! I promise. ;))

I deliberately left diamonds off the donut of my ring because, having been married for almost 15 years (wow, how did that go so fast :bigsmile: ) I couldn't envisage NOT wearing one. I am a creature of habit. :lol:

Victor has said that he is unsure if the diamonds on the struts (or whatever the technical term is :oops: ) will wear away a ring worn alongside the Emilya.

So I purchased a cheap white gold band to wear meantime and I am in communication with VC about the matching diamond eternity band and possibly a 1.9mm matching platinum wire band.

I haven't decide what I want to do yet, but will decide after further discussion with the master himself.

He is a darling, isn't he?

Keep me posted about your ring as the journey is almost as exciting as getting the ring.

I did say almost. ;))

Hi S-
Thanks for the update. I did leave diamonds on the donut because it is one of the design elements that I love. I guess if I change it I need to contact VC asap. In regards to Victor I found him to be very good on email but not over friendly or offering advise. When I talked to him on the phone once I didn't get the warm fuzzies either. I'm not sure if it is just me because everyone seems to love working with him and I just felt like I was pesting him so he wanted me off the phone.

Sarah

That is exactly why I loved working with Victor. He let me set the pace and also let me explore a number of avenues without once enforcing his agenda on me. I found that so refreshing after my less than stellar experiences here in Perth, Australia, where we are currently based.

I also looked at BGD and JbEG who were fabulous too. I just clicked with Victor and had already fallen head over heels with Frankie's ring. (our ring too, now :bigsmile: )

I never spoke to Victor on the phone due to the time difference. However, he was on top of the emails, better than anyone I have worked with. He was detailed but to the point. I am sure once you get your beauty you will know that it was all worth it.

I can't wait to see your thread!!! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

alene|1331002652|3141509 said:
It's beautiful!

Thank you Alene. :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

junebug17|1331013916|3141610 said:
It's amazing susi!!!! :love: :love: :love: Downright yummy, gorgeous stone and perfectly crafted setting - absolutely perfect! Congrats! :appl:

Junebug17. Thank you, she is yummy!! :bigsmile: :love:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

ecf8503|1331073546|3142191 said:
Beautiful - congratulations!

Didn't you have an AVC? Do you still have it?

Efc8503

Thank you! :wavey:

I did have an AVC (good memory!!) and I adored it. When I traded it in it went to another PS'er and it was reborn in a BGD amazing setting. :love:

I had bought my AVC whilst consigning my one carat RB with GOG. Once it sold I traded in my GOG diamond and added in the funds and got my 1.7RB. Still with me? :lol:

I would have loved another AVC, but for the money I had, this was the biggest stone I could get. I will never rule out another AVC, I was very sad to let mine go, but I wanted SIZE!!! :naughty:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

mimi72|1331077716|3142260 said:
Gorgeous. And as stated, your photography is fantastic!

Thank you Mimi72. I think it is the first time I have truly captured the beauty of my diamond ring! I appreciate you saying that. It made my day. :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1331080290|3142285 said:
Amazing ring and great pictures, too! :love: :appl:

Diamondseeker2006, you are so kind to say that! I appreciate it, very much! :wavey:

LLCALI

Rough_Rock

Hi Susimoo - your ring turned out absolutely stunning!!! I don't know how you will keep your eyes off of it!!! :love:

If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me how much your new halo highlights any warmth in your I stone? I am dying to have Victor create something for my H, which I actually think is closer to an I, but I am really scared about the whiteness of the small stones making it look yellow in comparison. Your photos look amazing, but can you offer a real life perspective on this?? Also, what color melee did he use and did you have an option to choose?

Thank you!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

LLCALI|1331098581|3142620 said:
Hi Susimoo - your ring turned out absolutely stunning!!! I don't know how you will keep your eyes off of it!!! :love:

If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me how much your new halo highlights any warmth in your I stone? I am dying to have Victor create something for my H, which I actually think is closer to an I, but I am really scared about the whiteness of the small stones making it look yellow in comparison. Your photos look amazing, but can you offer a real life perspective on this?? Also, what color melee did he use and did you have an option to choose?

Thank you!!!

Hi LLCALI :wavey:

It is currently in its box whilst I do the ironing! Which your question saved me from!!!

I can say, hand on heart, I do not notice the difference between the melee and my centre.

Now there quite clearly is a difference between my 1.7 I colour and Victor's F-G colour melee. However, it is not readily apparent, to me.

However, as I had read from various threads on PS, there is already such a huge visual difference between the large stone and the surrounding ones, that is all I see.

I haven't felt at any stage since I got my VC that the colour is an issue. You may be different. It depends on your sensitivity. I would recommend a wee email to VC. I am sure he would be happy to advise you.

I can spot a tint in a stone quite easily, but it doesn't bother me. I am much more clarity sensitive and low clarity/visible inclusions DO bother me.

My I RB has always looked and felt plenty white to me and I have owned a G colour RB before and my large eternity is 7 X 30points (in my avatar) which are all GIA F colour.

So I have no issues with the colour and there is nothing to see clarity wise with Victor's choice of melee. They are exquisite.

Can't wait to see what you have planned!! :wavey:

LLCALI

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much!!!

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock

Susimoo - I LOVE your setting!! I can't decide whether I should also do the Emilya or the Donna split shank halo. I love both settings. When I was looking at Frankiextah's setting she stated that she had the halo tilted 25 degrees. Did you also have your halo tilted? Also how long did the whole process take? Victor quoted me a 5 to 6 week turn around time. I don't know if I can wait that long :roll: GOG and WF are still searching for a diamond for me. I may not get my ring until 2013 :lol:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Sparkle524|1331276095|3144819 said:
Susimoo - I LOVE your setting!! I can't decide whether I should also do the Emilya or the Donna split shank halo. I love both settings. When I was looking at Frankiextah's setting she stated that she had the halo tilted 25 degrees. Did you also have your halo tilted? Also how long did the whole process take? Victor quoted me a 5 to 6 week turn around time. I don't know if I can wait that long :roll: GOG and WF are still searching for a diamond for me. I may not get my ring until 2013 :lol:

Hey You! :wavey:

Thank you. :bigsmile:

I simply emailed Victor, once we had decided, and said I want Frankie's ring. :bigsmile:

VC did the rest. I know that he upped my band to 1.9mm from 1.8mm and adjusted the size of the halo to better suit my 1.7 compared to Frankie's 2.3 (I think).

It took the estimated 5 weeks and it was worth every second. VC is just amazing. A genius. I smile EVERY time I glance at my ring. She is a beauty, if I do say so myself.

I hope you find your diamond and VC creates her home, very, very soon.

You owe us lots of pictures, remember.!!! :bigsmile: :devil: :lol:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Truly breathtaking!!! And huge!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

susimoo!!! Firstly ... YOU are such a pleasure to serve. :bigsmile: And that ring ... :-o

Beautiful shots and thank you so much for allowing us to serve you yet again.

Warm regards,
Rhino & the GOG team

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous ring!! I love me a good halo! :love:

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the info Susimoo I forgot to mention I love the pic of your ring with the Hermes scarf! :naughty: I will definitely post pics as soon as I get the ring made. Might be a couple of months from now but I am willing to wait for something so beautiful!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

KristyDarling|1331310268|3144990 said:
Truly breathtaking!!! And huge!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

Kristy Darling, thank you!! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Rhino|1331316897|3145079 said:
susimoo!!! Firstly ... YOU are such a pleasure to serve. :bigsmile: And that ring ... :-o

Beautiful shots and thank you so much for allowing us to serve you yet again.

Warm regards,
Rhino & the GOG team

aahhh, and you are a sweetie!! As are all the lovely crew at GOG. A proper,welcoming family!!! Thank you!!

I'll be back as soon as funds allow. ;)) :saint:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Laila619|1331320623|3145117 said:
Gorgeous ring!! I love me a good halo! :love:

Laila619, thank you! Your halo was another that featured in my inspiration folder!! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Sparkle524|1331349437|3145395 said:
Thanks for the info Susimoo I forgot to mention I love the pic of your ring with the Hermes scarf! :naughty: I will definitely post pics as soon as I get the ring made. Might be a couple of months from now but I am willing to wait for something so beautiful!

Sparkle524,

You are most welcome. I think at PS we like ALL the finer things in life. :naughty: Most of which are very costly!! :bigsmile:

I will look out for your posts regarding your ring journey. Good luck! :wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Susimoo ---- someone who shall remain nameless (but started this thread ;)) ) promised some more photos of this little darling!!! Who could that be??? and WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!??!! :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

how are you loving your reset one week later?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

...i think itls time to change that avatar :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Enerchi|1331693436|3148170 said:
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Susimoo ---- someone who shall remain nameless (but started this thread ;)) ) promised some more photos of this little darling!!! Who could that be??? and WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!??!! :bigsmile:

Hi Enerchi :wavey:

I fully intend to do some sunny shots of my ring. I have been rather busy of late (I am freelance so that is a good thing ;)) ) but I will get round to it.

I also owe a few shots to Rosetta's thread about all bling. I was supposed to get some clearer shots of my eternities and huggies.

I will get round to it. Promise!! :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Amys Bling|1331861338|3149691 said:
...i think itls time to change that avatar :bigsmile:

Amy

I think you are right!!! I'll get on to that later today. :bigsmile:

I am still loving it. I have to say that by finally putting my diamond into something other than (what I viewed as a) temporary setting, it has calmed me down considerably. Every time I come onto PS, I see something new or revisited that I simply fall in love with. The difference is even although I still do that, I no longer have the urge to change what I have, the way I did with my 4 prong setting.

I feel this diamond has found its home. The only way I see me changing is if I ever came into lots of disposable income and could get past the 2 carat mark. Even then I would keep the setting because I adore it and have a coloured stone put in it.

So my beautiful new setting has, so far, curbed my diamond wanderlust. :saint: :lol:

Plus the compliments I have gotten are quite incredible. People have quite literally grabbed my hand to get a better look and to ask about it. As someone who is far from home and from my friends and family, it is rather wonderful to lose myself in a minute or two of bling adoration. :bigsmile:

charleston1

Shiny_Rock

WOW That is beautiful :love: :love: :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Breathtaking really. I love it when I see a diamond halos that are substantial but most flattering to the center stone. Yours is a great example of how good a ring like this can look. Excellent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results