shape
carat
color
clarity

My new upgrade!!!

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
Im sure no one remembers me, I posted my engagement ring on here 6 years ago. Since then, the Hubby recently upgraded my ring and I wanted to share it with people who wouldnt think of it as a look at me post but rather enjoy the beauty of it as much as I do so I thought, Pricescope! This ugrade setting is also custom and we're still making some adjustments too it. I actually wanted it to look as similar to my first ring but with a very tiny halo around it this time. The first setting that came back wasnt exactly what we wanted so our jeweler is working on a new CAD for us. We want the halo smaller if possible and also to be tilted without that solid lining. The double bear prongs should also follow through from the top all the way to the bottom and we want the split shank to attach inside the halo not on the outside. I know, picky arent we? anyway, here's our beauty so far though....its gorgeous in the making!

this was our original ering:
mistys%20resized%203.jpg
mistys%20resized%202.jpg
mistyring%2025.jpg

and here is my new ring (after almost 6 years of marriage and twins boys!)
img_7779.jpg
img_7778.jpg
img_7777.jpg
img_7776.jpg

we're actually working on getting a matching band as well. this is just a temporary one because I lost my original. =( btw....i know the stones look huge...but keep in mind my ring size isn't that big, before i have my kids it was 3.25, now its 3.75...

Both stones are cushion cut 8-mains the first was a 1.59, F color and Ex/EX the second is a 2.75ct G color EX/EX. both are perfect squares as well. =)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade! I love that the second ring is made so much like the first with just the added halo. The stone looks gorgeous as well!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade. Your ring is very pretty.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Your halo turned out great...shows off your stone so well! Gorgeous!

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
thanks guys! i keep going back and forth about the halo. i really love my original setting. the hubby designed it special just for me and its totally me as well. but i love halos so i really wanted to add a tiny one to my new setting, but its really changed to look and fell of the original setting. im kinda wishing that i just duplicated my original setting to fit the new diamond. i keep going back and forth about it. the current setting is a bit flashier than i'm used to...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset. :love: I love both settings for your ring and can see why you have a bit of conflict but your new setting is gorgeous too and really makes a sizable impact. :appl: You will get used to it soon believe me. DSS exists and it is real and this halo will protect you at least somewhat. Enjoy your beautiful new ring!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful upgrade! :love: Looks wonderful on you and a very substantial size!!! Both styles do compliment you. Just wear it for a while and see how it feels on. Your lifestyle will also help you decide. Missy gave great advice about DSS.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and I love how it really showcases your diamond!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I can imagine that it feels weird to go from a simpler style to a halo. See if it grows on you; you can then make an informed decision.

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
What is DSS? I'm also talking to my jeweler about making the halo a tiny bit smaller. Right now it's at 1mm. He keeps warning me that the smaller i go, if something happens and I loose a stone, it's going to be really hard to fix. But I'm still asking him to take it down to .75. I told him that I have faith in his ability to fix anything that happens to it.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSS = Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome!! Lol!

Halos give great finger coverage and up the bling factor so DSS is assuaged (for some only temporarily!).

I LOVE your original setting. Love everything about it….the split shank with pave, the pave on the bar of the basket, the double claw prongs, and the surprise diamond. I haven't seen anything like it. It also showcases your center stone in a special way. When I read that your hubby designed it specifically for you, it made me smile. The halo totally changes the look, not in a bad way, but it's very different from your first setting. I think you should live with the new setting for awhile and see how you like it. Either way, gorgeous stone, congrats!

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
aaaahhhh....DSS I get it....I don't think that will happen with me. I already feel like this is the biggest I'd like it to be. I just really miss my old setting. The more I look at my new setting the more I realize that my old setting was really more my style. It had that antique yet sort of contemporary look to it. Plus I loved that it was unique. I feel like even though my new setting is still custom, and we're trying to make it match my old setting as much as possible, the halo makes it feel like everyone else's that has a halo. I do think that they did a great job of making it small though since I definitely did not want the halo to overshadow the diamond. Hopefully asking them to make the halo even smaller will make me feel a little less like this is just another ring with a halo (which nothing's wrong with that) but after 6 years of having a really unique ring and never seeing anyone with something similar, its definitely an adjustment to look over as see a random stranger have a setting that looks like mine. I haven't seen many halos with split shanks and bear claws thought at least.....lol

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
I preferred it without the halo - it is beautiful - but the center stone seems smaller with the halo

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
I, too, prefer it without the halo- but also think it looks beautiful both ways. I can also understand why you got a reset, because I would want to switch things up a bit after several years of having the same ring. If it's an option- perhaps you can wear it with the smaller halo for a while, and reset it to something similar to your original design if the halo doesn't grow on you? Also, maybe you will like the look better once you get a lovely new wedding band to wear with it! I think your ring would look lovely with a unique vintage band from CvB, Single Stone or Jewels by Grace.

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
So after a lot of back and forth, I've decided to go back to my orginal setting. I love halos and I think this ring is gorgeous, it just isn't me. My first setting I was and still am totally in love with. It's exactly my style so I've decided to just replicate my first setting for this stone. O feel like the halo was taking away from the cushion 8 main and j want all the attention on the center stone because it's absolutely gorgeous and I think it will stand beautifully alone. So stay tuned.... Good thing my jeweler is awesome! Btw, of you're in Silicon Valley and looking for a jeweler. Look up master fix jewelers in valley fair mall. They are seriously awesome!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you've been missing your original design from the beginning. I think that your new stone will be showcased in a way that's totally different than with the halo. It's a really special design so you already know it's going to be perfect :).

Can't wait to see the new old ring!!

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Great call! Your original is GORGEOUS and the upgrade in the same style is going to be amazing!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Well done!

Glad that you had the experience of the halo..
i am a solitaire kinda guy... so let that rock SHINE!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a difference :love: :love: I love that halo, congrats!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MsMisty, Your halo was lovely. I felt the same way about my halo. I loved them on everyone else but had a difficult time getting used to it on my hand. I still have it but wear my solitare more often. Have to admit, I love wearing it when I get really dressed up. It sparkles unbelievably in nice restaurants!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice. I really like the original setting. Congrats on your 6 years of marriage!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results