carat
color
clarity

My new rings from BGD!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike R|1330749769|3139764 said:
I use PT950RU, I used to use other alloys but made the switch a few years ago. The Ruthenium alloy is really great, it's a little harder to hand forge but the added scratch resistance and whiter colour is well worth the extra effort.

Wow, I'm going to be on the esteemed list, do I get a certificate to hang on my wall ;))

That is great to know! You deserve to be at the top of the esteemed list after seeing the ring you just made! I imagine there are a lot of people around here who wish you were in the US!

Mike R

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1330814397|3140150 said:
Mike R|1330749769|3139764 said:
I use PT950RU, I used to use other alloys but made the switch a few years ago. The Ruthenium alloy is really great, it's a little harder to hand forge but the added scratch resistance and whiter colour is well worth the extra effort.

Wow, I'm going to be on the esteemed list, do I get a certificate to hang on my wall ;))

That is great to know! You deserve to be at the top of the esteemed list after seeing the ring you just made! I imagine there are a lot of people around here who wish you were in the US!

Oh thanks, your too kind.
I love the US, I make sure to get there at least once a year for the JCK show and spend time in LA also. Would you beleave that you can't get Red Vines, Root beer or Twinkies in NZ, I can't wait to get back soon :lickout:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike...Hmmm, wonder how it would work for you to make rings and then bring them here when you come? I have no idea if there is any kind of import tax or not??? Seriously, NZ is one of the top places in the world I would like to go! I'll have to say that the Lord of the Rings movies really made put NZ on a lot of people's travel wishlists!

Mike R

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1330888774|3140585 said:
Mike...Hmmm, wonder how it would work for you to make rings and then bring them here when you come? I have no idea if there is any kind of import tax or not??? Seriously, NZ is one of the top places in the world I would like to go! I'll have to say that the Lord of the Rings movies really made put NZ on a lot of people's travel wishlists!

Sorry OP, last off topic comment I promise.

We do that all the time, US customs are great, they have a form for everything.
NZ is a great place to visit, tourism is a big part of our economy, just remember to bring your own Twinkies :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I ever come, I will do my best to remember to bring you some Twinkies, Mike! :bigsmile:

BlueIris has been very gracious to let us take this thread off topic for about the last 5 pages or so! Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Iris...another week has past! Any news?????????

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for asking, DS!

My ring was shipped from GOG to the appraiser on Tuesday of this week. They didn't send me any photos before they shipped it, so I still don't know how it looks. :(

I know it arrived at the appraiser's on Wednesday, but I think he was busy yesterday, so I didn't hear anything. I hope to hear from him today, and maybe soon I'll see it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UGH!!! I was SO hoping you'd have it today! But this jewelry stuff just seems to always require some patience! Hopefully it will be in your hands early next week!!! WF is sending me some huggies to try on so I can decide on size. That will probably be next Friday!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, fun! :appl: I got my new huggies last week, in the palladium white gold. They look great. I do find them lighter than the platinum. It's not a dramatic difference in weight, but noticeable. Are you getting both the 1 ct. and the 1.5 ct. to try? I'll be interested to see what you think!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blue iris, you surely must have your ring by now! I am worried that something is wrong! I hope you like it!

I have a question for you. Do you have trouble getting your diamond hoops off? I just got them to try and gosh, it took me 15 min. to get each one off!!! Tight is good for not losing them, but I can't deal with not being able to get them on and off easily!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it here??

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1331743312|3148462 said:
blue iris, you surely must have your ring by now! I am worried that something is wrong! I hope you like it!

I have a question for you. Do you have trouble getting your diamond hoops off? I just got them to try and gosh, it took me 15 min. to get each one off!!! Tight is good for not losing them, but I can't deal with not being able to get them on and off easily!

DS, I thought you might be wondering! :) I just received it from the appraiser yesterday.

And ...................... (drum roll, please!) ....................... I love it! WHEW! What a relief. It is beautiful! It's not a huge change from my old setting, as you know, but somehow, it still makes a difference. I think your description of your diamond being held up in a little crown is perfect! It seems not only timeless, but also elegant without being "dressy", if you know what I mean.

Now I have to think seriously about bands! :D I am wearing it now with my plain platinum Grace band and surprisingly it doesn't look too bad, other than the band is much duller from wear. But I want a diamond band of some kind, for a start - and more down the road!

Does your ring have any stamps in it other than the 900 platinum one? Mine does not; for some reason, I thought it would be stamped D. Vatche inside, since it's a branded designer ring.

I don't have any trouble getting the diamond hoops off, but I do have to grasp them firmly on either side, and pull fairly hard. Which size(s) do you have? How do you like them on you? I'm wearing mine today and thought of you this morning when I put them on!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BlueIris - so glad you finally got your ring! You know that we will need lots and lots of pictures right? No later than 4:00 p.m.? :naughty:

So glad you love it - must be such a nerve wracking wait!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thank goodness!!! I am SO glad you love it! :appl: I always hate to recommend something so strongly and then have the possibility of someone else not liking it! I can't wait to see it, but I also can't wait to see what band(s) you end up with!!!

Mine just has PT900 also. It is interesting that they don't put Vatche inside, and I thought the exact same thing when I got mt Memoire ring.

I actually ordered all three sizes of hoops because I wanted to make the right decision about what size was best for me. I will do a post once I take pictures so hopefully it might help someone else decide. They just came today. I am wondering if I am not taking them off right. I assumed I had to put pressure to make the piece unlatch. So you are just pulling from both sides?

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1331750011|3148572 said:
BlueIris - so glad you finally got your ring! You know that we will need lots and lots of pictures right? No later than 4:00 p.m.? :naughty:

MGR, thank you! And yes, it was a bit nerve wracking to wait, and not know if I'd like how it's set. I will try to take photos in the next few days. :)

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1331752440|3148608 said:
Oh, thank goodness!!! I am SO glad you love it! :appl: I always hate to recommend something so strongly and then have the possibility of someone else not liking it! I can't wait to see it, but I also can't wait to see what band(s) you end up with!!!

Mine just has PT900 also. It is interesting that they don't put Vatche inside, and I thought the exact same thing when I got mt Memoire ring.

I actually ordered all three sizes of hoops because I wanted to make the right decision about what size was best for me. I will do a post once I take pictures so hopefully it might help someone else decide. They just came today. I am wondering if I am not taking them off right. I assumed I had to put pressure to make the piece unlatch. So you are just pulling from both sides?

I am sooooo relieved, I really do love it! I appreciate all the help from you along the way. Your Tiffany trip was a tremendous help, too! And I'll quit worrying about it not being stamped with Vatche now.

I do just pull from both sides to open the earrings. It takes a little effort, but really not much. I will be very interested to see your thread comparing all three sizes - how wonderful that you were able to compare them at the same time. And I can't wait to hear if you choose one - and which one!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blueiris|1331765221|3148766 said:
MissGotRocks|1331750011|3148572 said:

MGR, thank you! And yes, it was a bit nerve wracking to wait, and not know if I'd like how it's set. I will try to take photos in the next few days. :)

So looking forward to your pictures - probably best to start a new thread in SMTB so that everyone can see it!!

I am so glad that you love the ring - I'm sure it's beautiful!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
can't wait to see pics

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the earring help! I was afraid to just pull them apart, but I think you are right that that is the way to do it. I'll write my thoughts about the earrings in the thread, and I hope it will help other people who had trouble deciding on size like we did! I just didn't want to send back and forth, so I ordered them all and will return two.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results