shape
carat
color
clarity

My new rings from BGD!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Last one, for now anyway.

Thank you all again for your kind comments!

Aw1qWvcr67Flower397.jpg

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh
30.gif
- so beautiful, classic and elegant! The center stone is gorgeous. The set looks lovely on you. Congrats!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness!!!

What a gorgeous stone and setting!!!
30.gif
Looks beautiful (and big!) on you!!! Great pictures of it too!!

Enjoy!!!

Cachette
1.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
This set is gorgeous- very classic!

However could you please post pictures of your old set- i''m dying of curosity! I would love to see your asscher band!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lord woman! That is probably the most amazing diamond and wedding set combo I have ever seen! Your pictures are really great too.

I would LOOOVE to see your EC ring as well. EC with traps is one of my all time favourite styles.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new rings are just fantastic - love the stone and the setting! I also love the small gap between the two rings - I have become a huge fan of a small gap!

The diamond is spectacular and really is the star of the show!

We would love more pictures - there is just no such thing as too many!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Simply gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It''s perfect Blueiris, love the simplicity and elegance of a solitaire with a plain band. The diamond is magnificent, I am sure you will be very happy with it. Stunning
30.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! A truly amazingly HUGE diamond!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you again, everyone, for your very kind comments! I too love the gap between the wedding band and the ER.

I looked through all my photos on iPhoto and I don't have a single one of my EC with the traps and the asscher band.
6.gif
I am sort of surprised that I don't. I no longer own the EC ring but I do still have the asscher band, though I don't plan to wear it with my new ring because I don't think it looks great with it. It's a channel-set asscher (I had the shared prong asscher band first and it drove me crazy poking my fingers all the time, so I had Signed Pieces/Facets remake it!) so it's very tailored. Maybe that's why I don't like it with the new ER?

I would love to get more photos showing the sparkle and brilliance and fire of this stone. If I get some good ones, I'll post them.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I love the pairing of a gorgeous, huge diamond with a plain band. Yours is perfect! I''d love to see pics of the asscher band. Can you wear it as a RHR?

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. It''s so so so beautiful. There is nothing like a gorgeous solitaire. I love the basket setting. It''s so perfect. Congratulations.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Love your new rings, love your hand shots! Gorgeous is an understatement!!!
36.gif

Love the surprise stone idea--very sweet! Congratulations!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''ve created something that''s truly beautiful in every way.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS! That is so stunningly beautiful. Your flower shots are amazing. I need to practice taking pics. Mine never come out that good. But your set is droolworthy for sure!
9.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. just WOW.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Many thanks to everyone for your kind comments!
1.gif
I really love these rings and feel like I made the perfect (for me) choice.

tigian, I'll try to get a good photo or two of my eternity band for you. It's a pretty band and it does fit on my right hand, though that finger is a little bigger than my left ring finger. I have something else in mind for that hand (not immediately, just in the future) but I don't even know if I'll like wearing a ring on my right hand so I could do as you suggest and wear this one as a RHR for a while to see. I used to wear my trinity rolling ring on my right hand but I almost drove myself crazy by playing with it ... rolling it up and down my finger, taking it off and putting it back on, etc. You know it's bad when your annoying habits annoy even yourself!
2.gif

SparkleNut, thank you for your comments on my photos. Are you using the macro setting on your camera when you photograph your jewelry? That's what I do. I just use a point-and-shoot digital and many of my shots aren't all that great but I just delete them and keep trying. Thank goodness for digital cameras because I used to "waste" a ton of film!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone! It''s HUGE!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wow. What a beautiful upgrade! Congratulations on your long marriage -- since 1979! Quite an accomplishment.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2010 11:06:15 PM
Author: blueiris
First hand shot. For reference, I wear a size 6, and these rings are a little big on me. I'd forgotten that thin bands don't fit the same as wider bands. I guess I wear a 6 in wider bands, and a little smaller in thinner bands. I'm not sure if I'll resize or not; I thought I should give them some time. Although, that's how I lost my very first ring! It was winter and my fingers were smaller than when I'd had the ring sized, and my ring slipped right off my hand without me realizing it.

Also, I swear the photos make the diamond look bigger on my hand than it really is! One always hears that the camera adds 10 pounds ... can that happen with diamonds?!
2.gif
Mine always do too! Having one eye has its uses..

They look amazing on
30.gif
If we ever meet IRL you'll know me, I'll be the woman staring at your hand.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Your gorgeous rings are going on my Most Favorites List!!!!

Lori

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
That is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous :love: Very elegant, blueiris.

Enjoy!

PS. Love the user name too :))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you bought my diamond!! ;( congrats beautiful ring. :appl:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the elegance of your set and it looks huge on your hand! Congratulations! :love:

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619, Portree, Yssie, Lori, Echidna, Dancing Fire, and SparklyOEC, Thank you all very much for your kind comments! I am just as happy with this setting as I was the day it arrived and anticipate that I will continue to be.

It's funny how I've gotten used to the size so quickly. Sometimes I catch a glance in the mirror and think it looks big but most of the time on my hand, it doesn't. (DSS already?!) It does still look bigger (than IRL) in photographs though.

Portree,sometimes I can't quite believe we've been married so long. Time goes ever faster, the older I get .... Thank you (and others) for the congratulations on our long marriage.

Dancing Fire said:
you bought my diamond!! ;( congrats beautiful ring. :appl:

Lesley told me that this diamond was originally sourced for someone else but came back from AGS a higher color grade than Brian originally thought it would be. Was that "someone else" you? I wondered if it was a Pricescoper!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMGosh its soooo beautiful! Congratulations! Have you posted any pics of your other ering? It also sounds
amazing!

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!! =)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ohh so beautiful! I love this setting :) :) :)

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333 said:
OMGosh its soooo beautiful! Congratulations! Have you posted any pics of your other ering? It also sounds
amazing!

Thank you, tyty! I no longer have my other ering and I don't have any photos of it, for some reason. It was very classic, with the trapezoids. I have always loved step-cut and square/rectangular stones but after all these years, suddenly round diamonds are beckoning to me. :)

Thank you both for the kind words, LV2Shopp and slg47! You all are so sweet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results