shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Leon Halo Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoveyMaru

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have only posted for the first time very recently under "Are We There Yet?" under "Introduce Yourself," but I have been a fervent reader for quite awhile and, of course, this is where I first learned of Leon Mege. I have been researching the setting for my ring for over a year.

The story is that I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years and we have talked about getting married forever but it just never happened. Then a little over two years ago, my father, who I was very close to, passed away. My Mom said that she would like me to have the diamond my father had given her, which was originally a Tiffany solitare ring, that she had turned into a Tiffany solitare bezel set necklace. My Mom and I have looked at thousands of rings and then I found pictures of Leon''s work on this site. She and I made an appointment and just adored Leon! Not only is he a brilliant artisan but he was so, so nice and helpful. After spending even more months figuring out exactly what I wanted we had another meeting with Leon in May and this time brought the boyfriend along and we got the ball officially rolling. I have been waiting since then... and then Monday night he surprised me by putting it into a cute bag I had admired in a store and told me that he had a present for me!!

So without further ado...hopefully I will manage to get the pictures up for you all to see. It is the most special ring! Not only is it stunningly beautiful, but it has such great sentimental value for me. I have already had two people say it is the most amazing ring they have ever seen (and in the Hamptons no less)!!

Thank you so, so much! It couldn''t have happened without all of your fantastic rings and insightful posts!

close holding.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh I just can't handle it. All these beautiful rings here tonight. Another Amazing leon. I love seeing his work with rounds b/c most of the pics on his site and even what we see here are fancy shapes. It looks Gorgeous. What size is you center stone?

and welcome
35.gif
thanks for sharing your pics
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I agree Mrs S- PS is on fire.

This is just simply beautiful. How sweet and sentimental
Enjoy it it''s lovely

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG...so so beautiful!! And even more wonderful that that beautiful diamond has so much sentimental importance...

Absolutely lovely..

Congratulations!

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story. Your ring is amazing. It''s another Leon masterpiece!!!!! I just love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Delightful.
30.gif
A true masterpiece. Congrats!
36.gif

GoveyMaru

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much MrsSalvo.

Here are some specs.

The center stone is 1.41 ct. round brilliant
Color: E-F
Clarity: VS2
Table: 57%
Girdle: Thin - Medium
Culet: very small
total depth: 59.4%

The setting is Leon, 194 micro pave stones for a total of 1.02 cts of pave. My ring size is 5.5.

GoveyMaru

Rough_Rock
... thanks to everyone else chiming in with congrats!! This is so exciting! I feel like I know you all!
Here is another shot!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!
36.gif

you did great with the pics too
2.gif

i like the shot with the lavender
28.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and beautiful story. Congrats on the engagement!!
36.gif

I wish you eternal happiness with your fiance.

GoveyMaru

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/28/2005 11:51:38 PM
Author: Milly
What a gorgeous ring and beautiful story. Congrats on the engagement!!
36.gif

I wish you eternal happiness with your fiance.
Thank you so much Milly and everyone for their really sweet words. It has meant so much to me to find this community. Have a wonderful night!

s95

Shiny_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful! Halos really do have a way of making stones look 10X bigger! Congratulations. I love the profile of the ring!

coconut

Shiny_Rock
WHEW ~ ~ THAT"S STUNNING!!!

Congratulations! it looks so Beautiful!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amazing piece of art.
10.gif
30.gif
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what an absolute beauty! This ring will always be so special to you for its sentimental value. The setting is absolutely amazing. What a wonderful way to showcase that stone. Have you given any thought to a band? Congratulations to you both - you must be very happy!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!
30.gif

How wonderful that you have such a sentimental diamond.
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is just stunning! Definitely a piece of art, as are the photos you took of it! Nice job! I especially like the 2nd flower shot.

That''s wonderful that your ring has such sentimental value as well. Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That is one beautiful ring and how special that the stone was your mom''s. Love it!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Delightful--really elegant!!!! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just exquisite and it is so nice to have a diamond with special meaning. Leon does an incredible job! Thanks for sharing with us, your photos are wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results