shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Blue Halo Pendent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

So for all of those who do not visit the Colored Stones forum very often, I have been working on a blue pendent for a few months now. I started off looking for blue stones, and ended up with this stunning blue spinel cushion.

01 cushion collage for necklace.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
After Ana, Belle, and many others chimed in and helped to come up with this design which was sent to Whiteflash:

02 cushion collage for necklace.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

This is the wax:

03 cushion collage for necklace.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
And these are the photos Lesley sent out:

04 cushion collage for necklace.JPG

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Mat! That is just beautiful!!!!! WF does it again. Such a pretty blue in that spinel, and you did it major justice by putting it into such a fab necklace!

Neck shots when you get it!!!!
9.gif
36.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! I followed that thread with great interest. It came out beautiful and is a stunning piece!! Congrats and wear it in good health!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora, that is such a beautiful necklace! I am impressed! I just reread your thread in colored stones--it looks like it turned out exactly as you had envisioned. I had never heard of spinels before pricescope. Yours is truly beautiful. Can we expect neck shots anytime soon?

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh you could wear it as your "something blue" at your wedding!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 12:12:09 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
OMG Mat! That is just beautiful!!!!! WF does it again. Such a pretty blue in that spinel, and you did it major justice by putting it into such a fab necklace!

9.gif
36.gif
Definately! The camera is charging right now!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 12:12:44 PM
Author: monarch64
Matatora, that is such a beautiful necklace! I am impressed! I just reread your thread in colored stones--it looks like it turned out exactly as you had envisioned. I had never heard of spinels before pricescope. Yours is truly beautiful. Can we expect neck shots anytime soon?
There was a slight mix up with the shipping but I am hoping to have it sometime tommorow!
I had only heard of red spinels, as they are common in HS class rings...I never knew lovely blue ones were out there! Yea for Pricescope!!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 12:13:06 PM
Oooh you could wear it as your ''something blue'' at your wedding!!
36.gif
I might just do that...or I could borrow my mother''s aqua and diamond Tiffany earrings
27.gif
....I am hoping this will match.
31.gif

Thinking about wedding plans is so exciting!!!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so beautiful! Now I want another halo necklace, this time with a colored stone! That is truly a masterpiece. WF has done it again! I''ve never sen spinels in person but that is a gorgeous color. What is it on the MOH scale?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I haven''t checked in lately, and missed alot! That spinel looks wonderful! That necklace looks like it would be alot of fun to wear for New Year''s eve.
3.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 12:12:09 PM

9.gif
36.gif
My thoughts exactly
36.gif
We''re so greedy when it comes to pictures
27.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous, Mat. WF did a great job. It''s hard to get a size perspective from the pics, so I''m really looking forward to a neck shot. I really love the color of that spinel.
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora, Your necklace is just stunning! What a fantastic job WF did. I too can''t wait to see the shots of it on your neck. It''s hard to get the full perspective of that gorgeous piece without the neck shots.

Anxiously waiting.........

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! Mat, the necklace is fabulous!!! I love it! What a great design! This has turned out to be a terrific end of year for you!
36.gif

I can''t wait for the neck shots. When do you get it?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it!

Perhaps your next project could be matching earrings for your wedding?
31.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful pendant ~ you really did an outstanding job on that design ~ love the chain!

Can''t wait for the neck shots!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora, you did well! Very much so!
9.gif
Can't wait to hear your 'hands on' impression of the piece. The pictures are quite something.

Date: 12/30/2005 12:18:24 PM
Author: luckyhonu

I've never sen spinels in person but that is a gorgeous color. What is it on the MOH scale?

Same as sapphire. The MOH scale does not allow decimals (it is an ordinal scale), but in fact Spinel is just enough less scratch-resistant than sapphire to allow the two to be distinguished this way. It was the earliest method of telling the two apart when other gemological tests were not known.

Much of the blue spinel is grayish - but the colors are easy to love - just like this one. I don't need any reason, honestly... but if I had to give one, it may be clarity. Grayish sapphire is often muddy (it may be the case that most less valuable colors come up cut on the market only after high temperature treatment and that is responsible for the haze) while spinel is never treated and crystal clear. In fact, it is a bit brighter than sapphire to begin with.

I started liking it allot out of desperation with sapphire treatments (spinel does not respond to heating and is almost never treated - with the exception of very rare fracture filling for the ruby-like red ones).

There is allot about Spinel on the color forum
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Matatora!!!!!! It''s just FABULOUS!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve been following the other thread with great interest...the end result is perfect!

I too can''t wait to see neck shots
3.gif

Congrats!
widget

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
*thump*drooling*sea of blackness*...*...*...*...*

After coming to, all I can say is that the necklace is INCREDIBLE!!!! Absolutely stunning and gorgeous...really a masterpiece. I love everything about the design and the execution looks amazing!!!!!!

36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

hfollett

Rough_Rock
I love, love, love blue anything and diamonds. It''s gorgeous! You did an outstanding job with the design.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Mat, it''s absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love that blue spinel and the design of the entire necklace is stunning. Neck shots are a must! Congrats!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Luckyhonu- Yes it does look spiffy, I cannot wait to see it in person!

Part Gypsy- I am hoping it looks just as yummy in person!
18.gif

Marvel- No worries, you know me I love pictures!
31.gif

DiamondLil- The color is so different in different lights when it is unset I am dying to see it in the setting WF made for me!

Catmom- I am just as anxious I promise! I have been thinking about this for about a year and half and actively working on it for just over two months....I want it NOW!
11.gif
12.gif

Milly- I have not gotten it yet, hopefully it will arrive sometime of Sat.
Jelly- You are a bad influence Miss Jelly! But a wise one too....

KerBear560- Thanks!

MissGotRocks- I wish I could take credit for the design but that goes to Valeria101 (aka Ana) she made the photoshop pictures and was able to take what I was trying to say and make it into something possible!

Widget- I love so much of your jewelry I am blushing from your compliment.

FireGoddes- I am soo excited!!!!! And hopeful that I will be the only Sat delivery for the FedEx man....I want to see it!

Hfollett-Again I really do wish I could take credit....

Curlygirl- Neckshots, box shots, anythig ya''ll want as soon as I get that baby!

Thanks again for all the lovely compliments, it is so nice to have such warm people to share with.
35.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
GASP!
6.gif
I''ve been struggling with a design for a necklace in my head and finally came up with something, turn on pricescope this morning and HERE IT IS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
IT is GORGEOUS!!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Mat- I''ve been checking your thread in the Colored Stones forum for weeks now! Hooray!!!! It looks so yummy.... I want to eat it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 3:00:33 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
GASP!
6.gif
I''ve been struggling with a design for a necklace in my head and finally came up with something, turn on pricescope this morning and HERE IT IS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
IT is GORGEOUS!!!!
Thanks ginger!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results