shape
carat
color
clarity

My new antique cushion cut engagement ring!

cushioncrazy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I've never posted on the boards before, but I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful information and advice on cushion cut diamonds! After looking at a few cushion cut rings, I decided to let my fiance select the stone and setting. He spoke with several vendors in the NYC area before deciding on Engagement Rings Direct. He worked closely with Gary to find the perfect stone and I couldn't be happier. My fiance said it was a pleasure working with Gary- we'll definitely be going back to ERD for our wedding bands. Here are the specs and pics!

Old Mine Brilliant
1.71 Carat
F Color
VS2 Clarity

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stunning cushion and setting! congrats! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
You basically have my dream ring! :love: I have been bothering DH to get me a ring pretty much exactly like that one- complete with the old mine cut. He told me I could upgrade my stone so I went from a .76ct to a 2.04ct RB , but now i'm sorry i spent the money. I should have waited and gone to ERD and just really saved up for my dream ring with an OMC- oh well at least I will have your GORGEOUS ring to look at!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! That is STUNNING. I don't usually swoon over halos but that is pretty perfect!

Those strawberries don't look too bad either :Up_to_something:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring and it looks lovely on your finger. I love the size. It's very substantial.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and huge - congrats!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning!

cushioncrazy

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! Initially, I was hoping for 2 carats because it seems like the perfect size, but they were out of our price range. He decided to go with a smaller stone because 2 carats plus a halo would have looked HUGE (ring size is 4.75). The stone he picked was absolutely perfect for the setting.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone and ring!!! And the size seems perfect - it looks beautifully huge on your slender fingers!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! Your fiance did a great job! Congrats!!!

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! I love how it's so delicate and SO substantial at the same time! The halo truly blends in with the stone and makes it into SERIOUS bling! Enjoy it and post more pics!!!

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
I looked at that same stone (I think) back in August. Its stunning and you are a very lucky girl! Enjoy!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and it looks quite substantial on your. I was also going to say the strawberries look good in the background although your ring has much more sparkle. Congrats on your engagement!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful on you.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful on you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love:

DvotedMOMMY

Rough_Rock
cushioncrazy said:
side view

OMG!!! :love:

It's PERFECTION!!

I'm sooo happy to see yours, because mine is with Mark right now, and he said it would be done this week, so I'm excited!! But I was SOOO nervous because after seeing the CAD renderings, there was a few things I wanted tweaked.. He said he took them all into consideration, and started the ring!!

YOUR ring, your side few, is EXACTLY the way I expect mine to come out! I HOPE IT DOES!! My inspirational design was the "Kylie" by JbEG,,, was it yours also??? Lol!

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! :love: :appl:

I know you are in heaven right now!!! Haha!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cushioncrazy, can you tell me how big the melee diamonds are in your halo? I like that they're bigger than what we usually see.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results