shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My new 2.57ct BE cushion engagement ring!

TexanInWisconsin

Rough_Rock
I am truly enamored with my new ring from Brilliantly Engaged (BE/ERD).

Here's the video they produced of my ring after completion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG7SCSrjYgg

I worked with Chris from conception to completion, and I couldn't be happier. He was such a pleasure to work with, and would recommend BE to anyone looking for a cushion center stone or custom ring work.

I had a custom design in mind, which is somewhat similar to David Yurman's Crossover Pave Engagement ring.

The stone is 2.57 Cushion J VS1, with no fluorescence. While I'm not very color sensitive, this stone is incredibly white facing up.

GIA
2.57 J VS1
8.18 mm x 7.67 mm x 5.30 mm
Table: 60%
Depth: 69.1%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None

Chris A recommended this stone, after looking at what seemed like hundreds of options from him, GOG and a number of other vendors and on PS. I fell in love with this stone's fire. Chris and I also worked almost exclusively over email (maybe two phone calls in total) to fine tune my custom design for several days. Once the specifics were finalized, it took about a month to complete the ring. My ring is a size 6.75 (my fingers are long, but thick... I blame playing the piano).

Some photos of the work behind the masterpiece! Here are a few of the CAD images:

mdh1.jpg

mdh2.jpg

mdh3.jpg

mdh4.jpg

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Re: My new BE cushion ring!

Wow! It's so pretty - and I agree it faces up so white! I like the setting. What type of band are you envisioning to wear with it?

TexanInWisconsin

Rough_Rock

UrsTx said:
Wow! It's so pretty - and I agree it faces up so white! I like the setting. What type of band are you envisioning to wear with it?

Thanks so much! I'm obsessed... I have NO idea what I'm going to do for a band... Maybe two small eternity bands on either side of the ring? I'm open to ideas, because I'm having a hard time deciding on what I should do!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock

It's beautiful!!!

I love it on its own, actually. And I feel like the crossover design has its 2 bands included already, so it can sort of hold its own as both Ering and wedding band.

You could also do a wband on the opposite hand. A 5ish point shared prong would be lovely and balance nicely I think.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

It's beautiful!!! I worked with Chris too for my halo reset and it was a wonderful experience from start to finish:)
Enjoy your ring =)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, enjoy your beautiful ring :!:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and spectacular stone! It looks absolutely perfect on you! :love: :love: :love:

Congratulations!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very unique!!!!! congratulations... :love: :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I think it looks best as a stand alone ring, or with a thin pave band.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about your ring! It's stunning!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing the video & photos of the ring in the making. It's looks very pretty on your hand! :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Its simply gorgeous--a huge congrats to you, enjoy & wear in health & happiness!! :love: :love:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Your cushion diamond is gorgeous! Good Choice!
Brilliantly Engaged did my cushion diamond setting as well. Love Chris and Mark!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock

FightGravity|1430171524|3868627 said:
It's beautiful!!!

I love it on its own, actually. And I feel like the crossover design has its 2 bands included already, so it can sort of hold its own as both Ering and wedding band.

You could also do a wband on the opposite hand. A 5ish point shared prong would be lovely and balance nicely I think.

I agree... I think you should wear the e-ring alone and then a wedding band on your other hand. It's gorgeous! Congrats!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Neato, that is a rather "brilliant" (see what I did there?!) engagement ring! Fantastic design. ^.^

If it were me, I wouldn't wear a wedding band with that, I think it would take away from the design of your ring. Granted, I don't wear a wedding band because I don't like the look of 2 rings on one hand for me personally, but love how they look on others generally.

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
Wow!gorgeous.
I like the idea of two smaller eternity bands on each side of it. Id probably dothe same

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! And I love when we get to see pictures of the making process :appl:

Enjoy it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful TIW! Congratulations!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love it as a standalone ring.
You could perhaps go to a local jeweler and see how it looks when you combine it with one or two bands.

Please post more pics!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results