shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mother''''s Ring Journey....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
After a long painful bout with pneumonia, I am finally making it to the boards to report back on my Mother''s Ring.

We picked up the ring after my husband returned home from NYC. I was so excited and nervous at the same time...it almost felt like getting engaged again. She brought out the little black box and gave it to me. I gave it to DH to look at it first and he just smiled. He gave me back the box and I opened it up and for the first time ever I was speechless and somewhat blinded. 7 carats of pave in platinum = a lot of heavy pave. I slipped the ring on my finger as my husband called the insurance company so I could wear it out. I wore the ring out of the store and we went for a yummy lunch in the Marina.

All through lunch I looked at the ring. The two baby panther heads bypassing each other, one with ruby eyes the other with pink sapphire eyes. It was beautiful and yet it wasn''t me. I got a lump in my throat and I finally said, "it''s too much." Yes, you heard correctly...it was too much. My right hand finger is a size 4.5, the ring was so big I couldn''t close my hand. Forget about wearing any other piece of jewerly...it would have been overkill. DH and I do mean DH said, "let''s go back after lunch." So we finished lunch and went back to the store and told them of my woes. She smiled and said, "we will recast it for you with less pave." We decided instead of eternity style it would just be half way down the shank. That way I could close my fingers and not worry about damaging the bottom part of the ring. Pave is beautiul it really is, but I am beginning to think that it can be too much. This ring would have been stunning on someone who has larger hands or someone who is older and felt comfortable wearing such a significant pice.

On Tuesday afternoon I picked up my ring and it is perfect. I have put my 3 stone away for the time being and am enjoying my new bauble.

Thank you for letting me share my story....I promise, pictures to follow. Santa left me a new digital camera in my stocking.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
roppongi you''re such a cutie...

your husband sounds like a real keeper, what a man!

please do post pictures soon, can''t wait to see it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for telling the sweet adventure
1.gif

Just great that the jeweler could remake the ring fast. You sound so pleased with the results, I can''t wait to see those pictures
2.gif
Good for you!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
hurry up with those pics!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a very sweet and romantic story. I can''t wait to see the pics of your new ring!!!!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
how sweet of your DH to be so understanding. can''t wait to see this incredible sounding ring.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, roppongi, what a sweet story! I too can''t wait to see this treasure...

I''m also sorry that you''ve been ill, but glad to hear you''re feeling better.
36.gif

Now, get going with that camera, Girl!! We''re all waiting here!
3.gif

widget

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like it all turned out for the best. Can''t wait to see pics - I don''t think we ever got to see pics of the ring that missed the Vegas trip.

You''ve got to get busy with that camera!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an understand DH. I think my FI would be angry if I ever did that
32.gif
I am so glad your new one is perfect and can''t wait to see pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results