shape
carat
color
clarity

My little sister's soon-to-be BGD 2 carat H&A!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I got to see my sister's e-ring diamond today and it is GORGEOUS!!!!!! :appl: :love: :love: :love:

My future BIL was nervous about the "I" color so wanted to check it out in person. (He says he still prefers "D" but that the stone is "pretty white".) He was blown away by the performance of the little firecracker :sun: He tried finding the grade making feather (only inclusion) for about an hour (with no loupe) and could not- it's a totally eye clean from all sides SI2! :bigsmile:

He's very thankful I found him such a great stone at a great price which is really a big thanks to all of you I've learned from here over the years :D

It's going back to BGD tomorrow to be set in a custom 3 shank double sided halo setting :love: Denise said the CADs should be done tomorrow or Monday. (I think I've emailed her more than future BIL!!! LOL) I'll post those when they come.

I only have a couple iPhone pics to share but even in these pics you can see how beautiful this stone is :bigsmile: The colored flashes coming off this little guy are UH-MAZING!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

7-2.JPG

9-2.JPG

8-2.JPG

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I blew up the pic so it's grainy but the arrows (especially the orange ones) are so cool! :love:

super blown up.JPG

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
The stone is beautiful. Your BIL is very lucky to have you! I think the ring is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see this beauty
set. Please post pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful stone!!! :appl: It is fun to help other people spend their money, isn't it?!!!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1296187611|2835399 said:
That is a beautiful stone!!! :appl: It is fun to help other people spend their money, isn't it?!!!

Totally agree! That's a beautiful diamond LALove!

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your SIS is one lucky girl! She is going to LOVE it!! :love: Does she have any clue about the ring? The diamond is huge and a real beauty!! :love: Congrats to your Sis!! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lucky for her that she's got a 2 ct. waiting for her, and finding a completely eye clean SI2 is a fantastic find! I'm anxious to see what her setting is going to look like. Double sided halo? Sounds like something right up my alley!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! :love: That is gorgeous. I'm drooling over the stone...it's going to be great in a halo. Your BIL was lucky to have your help!!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!! :wavey: :bigsmile:

It was sooooo fun spending his money! Hehe I also had fun finding him a great stone- it was nice to be able to help someone else learn about diamonds for a change (normally it's me posting for help!) :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful, beautiful. I am such a fan of 'I' colored stones. Almost every one I own is and 'I'. To me, it is the perfect balance of
color and price. Your sisters is gorgeous!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, what an amazing stone!!! Yay for your sister, can't wait to see that beauty set, wooohoo :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! Cant wait to see pics when its all set!! Your sis is a lucky girl!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
She's engaged!!! :appl:

She picked out a gorgeous Martin Flyer halo split shank setting in platinum. The craftsmanship is AMAZING!!! I only have camera phone pics to share but I'll take better pics soon (the diamond is really white IRL- the green/yellow tint is from the walls at the spa where the pics were taken). For reference- she's a size 5.

photo4.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

photo1.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! Lucky little sister!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now THAT is a Gorgeous ring! Congrats to your sister!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is a stunning ring! Congratulations to her! I am sure she appreciates all your help!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks huge!! Congrats to her!

Did the CADS not work out, or did she change her mind?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Your sister is lucky that you helped future BIL.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! She's blinged out :sun:

Congrats on the engagement!! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond! :wavey:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
It really is a lovely ring and I had soooooo much fun helping future BIL! :bigsmile: Now I get to help my sis find a wedding band. :naughty:

Laila- Months earlier my sister picked out the Martin Flyer setting that she now has while she and BF were out browsing erings. I told future BIL he should have it custom made with a few tweaks (pave around the profile of the halo) so itd be "better quality". (In retrospect that was pretty bad advice from me. At the time, I'd never seen any Martin Flyer jewelry in person so automatically assuming BGD would be superior in quality was pretty goofy. :nono: ) So he started the custom process with BGD but after 3 CAD renderings came back not as he'd requested/envisioned, future BIL was worried that the ring wasn't going to be close enough to what sis picked out and -the biggest concern- that it was going to be much less delicate than the MF ring. The MF setting has less than half pointers in the halo and BGD was going to use 1 pointers - plus, now that I've seen the MF ring in person, I don't really think it's the stlye that BGD does- it's super delicate with barely any visible metal. (It reminds me more of Leon's style.) To play it safe he decided to get her what she wanted (thank goodness or I'd be in a heap of trouble!) He shipped the stone directly to MF who custom made the ring to fit her stone and it took less than 3 weeks!

Sis is out of town this weekend but when she returns I'll take some pics with my Canon including close up macro shots to show the craftsmanship- it's actually very well made and feels substantial/sturdy despite looking quite delicate. Though I did have to go over all the dos and donts re platinum & melee after sis asked if she could sleep and shower with her ring on! :errrr:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, what a beautiful ring!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results