shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My great grandmother's e-ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
When my parents got engaged my dad said my mom could choose a honeymoon in Europe or an engagement ring. He could not afford both. My mom picked Europe. Her grandmother was so upset my mom didn't have a proper engagement ring so she gave my mom her own. I credit this ring to my love of antique jewelry. My mom lost this ring about 18 months ago. She was devastated. As she was about to file the claim over a year later (she was holding on to hope she would find it) when she FOUND IT in her dresser drawer. Thank you to all the wonderful ladies who help search for a replacement in the timeless classic forum. Thankfully she no longer needs one!

I have NEVER seen another ring quite like this. It is a 1.25 antique MQ (not sure what the proper name is but it is cut VERY differently than the modern day MQs), J VS2 set in a PLT setting. I should have cleaned it prior to the photo shoot but it was on a whim. Enjoy!

44334_1485490470189_1621731554_1173230_7450614_n.jpg

44334_1485490510190_1621731554_1173231_3674130_n.jpg

46061_1485496830348_1621731554_1173254_1754627_n.jpg

46061_1485496870349_1621731554_1173255_5742469_n-1.jpg

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
wow that is beautiful!! I have never seen such a beautiful marquise or setting. Usually marquise cuts look kinda cheap to me (sorry if i offend anybody) But that ring is classy and uniquely delicious!! :love: :love: :love:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Mrs Williamson! I regret not cleaning it but we were at the beach. My mom NEVER cleans her jewelry and this ring sparkles like crazy. Maybe I can get my hands on it next time she visits.

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
i would love to see some sparkle and fire pictures!! I kinda have a thing for vintage rings and that has rocketed its self to my top 5 favorites lol

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ms W, maybe Princesss (another Pser) can come over and help me b/c I am pretty hopeless with taking diamond photographs. It is all hand engraved and the milgrain is so fine. I am in love with this ring. I am so glad you appreciate it too!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I think your pictures are great...they made me drool a bit :D

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a big antique person but I just adore this. I love the detailing and the prongs. It looks great on your finger.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, I am so glad you guys found it: I remember your posts in Timeless Classics, and I was sad you'd lost such an amazing piece of family history. Knowing what the ring looks like, I would have been *more* sad - it really is a beauty! Do, please, give it a proper photo-shoot one of these days .... :love:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously, that is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen! Generally, marq's are not my cup of tea, but the fat squatty shape of this one is divine, almost like an oval? And the setting is just perfection. It makes me want a ring JUST like it!! I have never ever seen a ring design like that for a marq!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Simply divine! :love: :love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I. ADORE. THAT. RING. :love: :love: :love:
Honestly, i've never seen anything like it 8) It is indeed very precious for more than one reasons and i'm so glad that it was found....It would have been such a shame if it was lost...
Ah, and by the way, you have beautiful hands ::)

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Seriously, that is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen! Generally, marq's are not my cup of tea, but the fat squatty shape of this one is divine, almost like an oval? And the setting is just perfection. It makes me want a ring JUST like it!! I have never ever seen a ring design like that for a marq!
Ditto!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your mother's ring is beautiful! I really love it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's absolutely gorgeous!!! I really love the stone and the setting. How wonderful for your mother that she found it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring and I am so glad she found it.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE MQ's and especially this one - what a wonderful setting!!!! Also, I lost my wedding band and I'm constantly hoping it will still turn up (years later). I'm so happy your mom found her ring!!!!!!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great story! I love the ring and I am so happy for your mom that she was able to find it? It is gorgeous!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous ring! I'm so glad your mother found it, it would have been such a shame to lose such a lovely heirloom piece.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I, of course, think it is amazing. The only thing I would change is to shave the prongs a bit but of course IRL, they blend in. I think it may be warmer than a J but that is what it was graded when my mom got it appraised. The appraiser gushed over this and the quality of the setting. Just amazing that she has never lost a melee.

Tuckins, it is the only heiloom we have. My grandmother has several home invasions and everything else was stolen.

Luv2, I am so happy for my mom b/c losing it was so upsetting for her.

Motown, fingers crossed you find it! You never know. ;)) The setting is amazing as is the stone. I love how the prongs come out of the split shank.

marcy, thank you!

Catmom, it was a relief b/c she really thought it was gone forever.

tyty, thank you! My great grandmother has amazing taste.

yenny, thank you!

princess, thanks!

missy, it is a special stone. I think they need to start cutting them again!

nice ice, thank you!

supers, thanks!

Ikn, thank you for the compliment!

naty, I believe this is the only piece of jewelry my mom has from her grandmother. Her mother also has a similar cut MQ but in a more modern setting (tapered bags) and it is also lost. We think it was stolen in her nursing home. Thanks for the compliment on my hands. Guess I never really thought about it. Haha.

stci, thank you!

Dreamer, you have my permission to "copy" it. I ONLY ask you share pics! ;)) I realized it would be a disservice not to share it with my PS friends b/c it truly is a masterpiece.

Circe, I tried to update the thread but it was locked. Thanks for all of your help. I really was sad but tried to keep it in perspective.

cemrn, I love all of the detailing too. ONE day (hopefully not anytime soon) it will be on my finger full time.

Mrs W, my photos are not great. Oh well. I will promise to try again when she visits this fall!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
These photos are going in my favorites file! Lovely! The prongs are so amazing, never seen anything like it! :love:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations!

I believe the vintage term for the mq is "navette cut." :)

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
oh its gorgeous!!! How fantastic that she found it!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Oh my! :love: This is absolutely breathtaking. I am not usually a big fan of mq cuts but this vintage mq is gorgeous - the color has that creamy old lace quality. The setting with the exquisite pave work and engraving is beautiful as well. I'm so glad that your mom found it - it's really an irreplaceable treasure.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That is truly stunning! I have a soft spot for MQs because my mom has one for her ering, but that is really one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. The setting is stunning too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results