shape
carat
color
clarity

My Good Old Gold solitaire and Memoire band...at last!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FInally, this long process is complete!!! There is a minor hitch in that the solitaire did not get the head I chose, which was a more cupped head instead of a V. But after waiting this long, I wasn''t about to leave my ring for two more weeks to get it changed (this was with a jeweler in my area)! I''m going to live with it awhile and see what I think! Anyway, here are the stats on the stone which I got from Jonathan at Good Old Gold. He has my deepest appreciation...I just can''t say enough about all he did to get me through this process! Thank you, Jon! (I just opened this new camera today, so it is a miracle I have any pictures at this point! I hope to have some better ones later!)

1.63 H VS1, t 56 d 61.2 ca 34.5 pa 40.8, 7.59 - 7.61 x 4.65 mm, GIA Excellent, H&A

1.63HVS1New Rings 002.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Diamondseeker!!!!!!!!! I L
30.gif
VE
it!!! I love the solitaire...the band is sooo pretty!! I can''t wait to see a whole photoshoot of your bling!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
WOw
Wow
Wow

I love it!!!
beautiful diamonds galore!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
That looks absolutely perfect--the rings are beautiful, and I love the proportions!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful.
perfect and beautiful.

great pics too! dang good for just opening the box!

i''ll be looking forward to many more
2.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!!

perfect!

I love it. The first pic of your solitaire appears to show diamond-like images on the sides...must be a shadow?

I really love it with the eternity band, make sure you post a side view too!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that actually looks really pretty! i don''t love the prong tips, being the tiny prong tip whore that i am, but the diamond looks huge and the memoire band looks amazing. very nice! if it''s not the head you asked for, take it back. my original jeweler did that to me and i never really made any waves, but of course you all know how i always wanted another head...finally i love the one i have now. don''t settle. i am sure you don''t want to be parted from it, so i''d tell them you want it changed but you''ll bring it back in a week or two after some quality time!

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
Looks gorgeous!! I, too, wear an "H" solitaire and have "G"s in my band.

Can''t wait to see the studio shots a la Mara in the coming days.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thanks so much Bling Diva, Sevens One, Christa, Belle, Sophie, and Mara! I really have a lot to learn about this camera! It is so cute, though! It''s the Canon SD600.

Here''s one more of the Memoire band..I''m running out of light here.

New Rings 10.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Oleander!

And Mara, I can hardly see the prong tips IRL! These magnified pictures just make everything huge!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on finishing your projects!!! How about some profile shots? If you aren''t happy with the head, have them change it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh -- just lovely! Well worth the wait!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! I am so happy for you what a gorgeous set. I love that Memoire band too, just stunning!!! You can always get the head changed down the road. But wear it and ENJOY!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks cpster! Gosh, I hesitate to post the side view because it is not what I had chosen, but I guess I can.

1.63HVS1newrings011.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Dee Jay and Kaleigh! Honestly, I just settled on the solitaire because I couldn''t decide. So I don''t have a heavy investment in the setting anyway. It is really nice quality and would be fine except for the head. But I might just live with it.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Your new set is beautiful!!! I''m so happy you finally have it!! That memoire band sparkles like crazy! I love it!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!!!!! Well worth the wait, ds!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!! I love it--what a beautiful diamond and ring and it looks beautiful with your band!
36.gif
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new set is gorgeous, head and all! Congratulations!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, and you said the light was running out? That memoire band is sparkling! Congrats.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Yeah you finally got it set!! The band looks great with it as well. If you are not crazy about the head, thats an easy thing to fix. WEar it, enjoy it, and if it does not grow on you change it.

Gorgeous stone and classic setting. Very very elegant.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I love it. It''s just beautiful, and I don''t know what head you had chosen, but I think it''s lovely as it is.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
DS, your rings look great together! They''re so new and sparkly and shiny. Love them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all the kind comments Miranda, Isabel, jfo, Diamond Dana, whatmeworry, asscherisme, firegoddess, lumpkin, and lizz!

We went out to eat tonight, so it was fun seeing the rings in other lighting! However, the diamond still seems almost too big to me!
23.gif
I think it''s partly because it is set a little higher than I intended because of the V head. Or that is what I keep telling myself!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!! Your stone looks like the perfect size on your finger. What an amazing stone it is, well worth the torture of waiting.

OK...so your 7-stone memoire band may have convinced me to get a 5-stone myself instead of an eternity band!!!
2.gif
It's beautiful, blingy, and looks so gosh darn classic! The workmanship on your band is exquisite. Sometimes all you really need to make up your mind is a picture. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

I'd love to see more pictures of your beautiful set. Congratulations.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! I love your set together. I like how your e-ring band is a little wider. It complements each other.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!
30.gif
I was out earlier, but made sure to come back and look for your thread.....

Nice combination....enjoy!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results