shape
carat
color
clarity

My Friend''s Super Sparkler

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

My friend & I got engaged at the same time. Our fiancee''s actually shopped together at Good Old Gold
12.gif

Her ring is a beautiful lucere with a split shank. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

First, some blurry sparklies!

erinsringsparkleymadness.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your friends ring is stunning. I love the split shank setting. What are the specs of her stone?? I bet she loves it. Yummm.
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
very pretty. I like the split shank too.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring, I''m sure your friend must be delighted with it. It''s beautiful.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! Is the center stone a square hearts and arrows like yours?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo a Lucere, don't see many of those round' these parts.
16.gif

Looks beautiful. LOOooove that setting stone combo!
Specs and Hand-pics are obligatory.
9.gif

Scintillating...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! More
emphoto.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danielle that is an awesome ring!!

I went ring shopping with my girlfriend yesterday since she is getting engaged soon and we tried on some beautiful split shank rings, the gal said they are getting more popular with the mainstream. Anyway, she also noted that almost no one pairs it with a separate w-ring because the look just doesn''t mesh well and she had yet to see one that WAS paired that looked like it ''fit''...she noted and showed us that something like a Michael B super thin petite princess band was the best look for it so far...but the diamonds have to be set the saqme as well.

Anyway, just wondering if your girlfriend is going to wear a 2nd band or if this is it. We also tried on a few of the rings and we noticed that the center stones seemingly had to be MONSTER huge aka 3c for the ring to look like it could stand well on it''s own. Interesting!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring - I just love split shanks, can''t get over them! I''m dreaming of one for a RHR someday! That is a blingy beauty for sure!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 12:32:19 AM
Author: kaleigh
Your friends ring is stunning. I love the split shank setting. What are the specs of her stone?? I bet she loves it. Yummm.
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks Kaleigh! She loooooves the ring. Her stone has almost exactly the same specs as mine - 1.01 H VS1. I''m not sure of the rest of the specs, I''ll try and get some from her. It''s a Lucere - it''s a really pretty cut
1.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 12:34:29 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
very pretty. I like the split shank too.

Thanks Tacori - the split shank is so neat. We like to "switch" sometimes while we are together, and my hands just aren''t long enough for a split shank, but she is tall & has long, slender fingers, so it looks perfect on her!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 9:02:31 AM
Author: MiniMouse
Very pretty ring, I''m sure your friend must be delighted with it. It''s beautiful.

Thanks MiniMouse - she is super happy with it. She told me she''s still staring at it all the time
30.gif
, but then again, who doesn''t?!
11.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 11:25:29 AM
Author: Sundial
What a gorgeous ring! Is the center stone a square hearts and arrows like yours?

Hi Sundial,

Actually her center stone is a Lucere. They sell them at Good Old Gold & don''t really advertise much info. on their site as request from the supplier. It''s really neat - it''s sort of a step cut, with many sparkley facets inbetween the steps. It''s yummy
18.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 11:53:49 AM
Author: Scintillating
Oooooo a Lucere, don''t see many of those round'' these parts.
16.gif

Looks beautiful. LOOooove that setting stone combo!

Specs and Hand-pics are obligatory.
9.gif

Scintillating...

Scintillating - yeah, the lucere is surprisingly uncommon - it''s sooo pretty!

I replied the only specs I knew above - when I see her again, I will bother her to model her hand for me
2.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 12:27:49 PM
Author: Matatora
Lovely! More
emphoto.gif

I don''t have any more pics right now - but the next time I see her, I will definitely have to have another "photoshoot" with her ring. I''m so mad - I wanted to get a picture of our two rings together & I completely forgot!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 12:29:32 PM
Author: Mara
Danielle that is an awesome ring!!

I went ring shopping with my girlfriend yesterday since she is getting engaged soon and we tried on some beautiful split shank rings, the gal said they are getting more popular with the mainstream. Anyway, she also noted that almost no one pairs it with a separate w-ring because the look just doesn''t mesh well and she had yet to see one that WAS paired that looked like it ''fit''...she noted and showed us that something like a Michael B super thin petite princess band was the best look for it so far...but the diamonds have to be set the saqme as well.

Anyway, just wondering if your girlfriend is going to wear a 2nd band or if this is it. We also tried on a few of the rings and we noticed that the center stones seemingly had to be MONSTER huge aka 3c for the ring to look like it could stand well on it''s own. Interesting!!

Hi Mara,
My friend is intending on getting a wedding band, but she will probably wear the band on its own most of the time, since she works outside (most time in the dirt - environmentalist!
2.gif
).

The day that I got engaged (the day after she got engaged), we went out looking for wedding bands together. She tried on a plain band (ick), a teeny tiny shared prong (icky), and a small pave band (also not great). Then she started picking bands that just caught her eye & she picked up this beautiful, wide-ish band that had diamonds & sort of a swirly, flowery design. I wish I could describe it better, but I definitely haven''t seen anything like it before. If we ever go back to the store (Roman Jeweler''s in Bridgewater Mall, NJ - for any NJites), I''ll try and snap pictures.

However, the point is, although that particular band did not "match" her ring, it was a beautiful compliment. It maintained focus on her center stone, but at the same time said, "I''m married!"

Her ring is a 1.01 carat, and the whole setting is maybe 5 mm wide at it''s widest part, and it COULD stand on its own. But I think you''d get the eternal "are you engaged or married" question.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 1:42:54 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Gorgeous ring - I just love split shanks, can''t get over them! I''m dreaming of one for a RHR someday! That is a blingy beauty for sure!

I know, the split shank is so neat - I wish it looked better on my short, kid hands so I could have a rhr ring too!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 1:46:52 PM
Author: sunkist
Love the sparkly pics! Hand pics Please!

I promise hand pics ASAP - maybe I will catch up with her tomorrow just for that!
31.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so pretty!

I tried on a split shank ring at the jewelers recently and was surprised at how nice it looked on me.
31.gif
Not that I am in the market for a new setting, but I wouldn''t mind one for a RHR.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome that she found something unusual and unique that works Danielle! I had really not tried on split shanks before (well the DK doesnt count) but it was alot of fun to do it with a 3c stone...YUM!!! I think that would be a fabulous anniversary right hand ring when I am old and gray.
5.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It''s stunning! I’m also pleasantly surprised when I log onto Pricescope…just when I think I cannot possibly like another setting I get wowed all over again!
31.gif

lisakin

Rough_Rock
Can you give any details on the beautiful split shank setting? Is it from GOG also?

Thanks!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 6:53:49 PM
Author: Ries
It''s stunning! I’m also pleasantly surprised when I log onto Pricescope…just when I think I cannot possibly like another setting I get wowed all over again!

31.gif

Hahahha, Ries, that is the Pricescope Curse!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results