30.gif
GORGEOUS!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! What a stunning find - it looks amazing!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous
30.gif
6.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous!
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I love the profile of the setting it is in, it looks so smooth and flowing!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your forever stone - it''s gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
KT I wonder if you would mind sharing how long it took from the time you asked Brian to find this diamond for you until he actually did find it for you? Just curious!
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, it''s a gorgeous stone!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.... sure is!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 2:17:30 PM
Author: dreamer_d
KT I wonder if you would mind sharing how long it took from the time you asked Brian to find this diamond for you until he actually did find it for you? Just curious!
1.gif
DD, all in all it took about 10 months for Brian to find me the stone.
When I first asked him he said it usually takes about 2-3 months for him to find something. Unfortunately I wanted something very specific in a tight budget so it did take a bit longer. To the PSer in me it felt like it was forever. I had even at one point, about 3 months ago, asked him about a virtual stone I found. I was home on early maternity leave and looked at diamonds all day so it made me very anxious to get a ring on my finger and the stone I found was most of what I wanted. After some thought, I decided against having them bring it in. I realized I really wanted a BGD and just needed to be patient. I am soooo glad I waited. It was totally worth every moment of waiting to have the perfect stone I was dreaming of! I couldn''t be happier!

jaysonsmom I would love to try and aswer any questions you have. Please feel free at ask anything you would like.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! I''m lost in that fire...so beautiful!!!
30.gif

Congrats!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 11:30:47 PM
Author: KtIceRN

1.gif
When I first asked him he said it usually takes about 2-3 months for him to find something. Unfortunately I wanted something very specific in a tight budget so it did take a bit longer. To the PSer in me it felt like it was forever. I had even at one point, about 3 months ago, asked him about a virtual stone I found. I was home on early maternity leave and looked at diamonds all day so it made me very anxious to get a ring on my finger and the stone I found was most of what I wanted. After some thought, I decided against having them bring it in. I realized I really wanted a BGD and just needed to be patient. I am soooo glad I waited. It was totally worth every moment of waiting to have the perfect stone I was dreaming of! I couldn't be happier!

jaysonsmom I would love to try and aswer any questions you have. Please feel free at ask anything you would like.
Thanks KT! That is a long time indeed. You are a very patient woman
2.gif

ETA KT, was it the "HSI2 that is totally eye clean" designation that was so hard to find, or were there specific angles etc you were looking for?

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you went through quite a few to find "the one". Beautiful diamond.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!!!!!!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patience is a virtue that reaps wonderful rewards! Congrats on finding your forever stone KT. It''s beautiful and it''s one clean SI2! My gosh, those close-ups you took are fabulous and I''ll be darned if I know why this stone was graded an SI2.

Do you have any ideas about it''s forever home?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning!!!!!!!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I just love it!!! I have to say, I think it looks perfect in that solitaire setting as well.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
OMG
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You have my DREAM ring! I want that one!!!! Sorry that is a british joke ( Little Britain TV show) I LOVE YOUR RING!!!! It is amazing!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would also love to see the clarity plot if you can post it!
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Many congrats, you have a stunner
36.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Thanks KT, My questions are as follows:

1)Do you think the right H SI2 diamond was located and then re-cut to H&A proportions for you? How long did you actually wait?

2)Do you have any diamond jewelry with D-F color stones that I can see next to your new BGD "H"? I''m kind of color sensitive, and I want to see if a super ideal "H" would be white enough?

3) Is the stone alone under 15K? I''d like to spend around that figure if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful ring Kt !!!
30.gif
always love a classic setting.
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2010 2:45:46 AM
Author: jaysonsmom

1)Do you think the right H SI2 diamond was located and then re-cut to H&A proportions for you? How long did you actually wait?

2)Do you have any diamond jewelry with D-F color stones that I can see next to your new BGD ''H''? I''m kind of color sensitive, and I want to see if a super ideal ''H'' would be white enough?

3) Is the stone alone under 15K? I''d like to spend around that figure if possible.

Thanks in advance!
J''smom...you are still alive?
9.gif
where have you been?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks you soooo much everyone for all the kind comments. I am really loving this stone so much! I am so happy to have my forever stone. Now I just need the setting....and soon!

Date: 4/10/2010 2:50:45 AM

1.gif
When I first asked him he said it usually takes about 2-3 months for him to find something. Unfortunately I wanted something very specific in a tight budget so it did take a bit longer. To the PSer in me it felt like it was forever. I had even at one point, about 3 months ago, asked him about a virtual stone I found. I was home on early maternity leave and looked at diamonds all day so it made me very anxious to get a ring on my finger and the stone I found was most of what I wanted. After some thought, I decided against having them bring it in. I realized I really wanted a BGD and just needed to be patient. I am soooo glad I waited. It was totally worth every moment of waiting to have the perfect stone I was dreaming of! I couldn''t be happier!

Thanks KT! That is a long time indeed. You are a very patient woman
2.gif

ETA KT, was it the ''HSI2 that is totally eye clean'' designation that was so hard to find, or were there specific angles etc you were looking for?
DD, I would say because it had to be an H and totally eye clean and within my budget. I think the budget constraints was one of the biggest things that made me have to wait.

I attached the clarity plot for you as well. I hope this all helps with your search for your forever stone! I noticed you were looking at a 1.5 vs 1.7. Is Brian already looking for you?

HSI2 AGS plot.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 2:45:46 AM
Author: jaysonsmom

I waited about 10 months start to finish. If you are asking did they find a diamond that was already cut and recut it to H&A, I would say I doubt it. I think Brian has alot of resources and can''t see him doing that. He seems to always be going to Antwerp to get stones. My guess is if someone wanted something specific like I did, as long as they were willing to be a bit patient he can find it.

2)Do you have any diamond jewelry with D-F color stones that I can see next to your new BGD ''H''? I''m kind of color sensitive, and I want to see if a super ideal ''H'' would be white enough?

I do not have anything in the D-F range. The closest I have is my mother has some 30 point G BGD. I don''t think that it would be a good comparison though. I would suggest if you can to go to a Hearts on Fire dealer. They will have some to compare. I know I can tell a big difference from my J to the H. I am not super sensitive when it comes to color. For me it was the crispness that I saw in the H that I didn''t get in the J when I got to the 2ct mark. I have some 30 point J ACA''s from when Brian was at WF and I can''t tell a big difference in them from my mom''s G''s. So for me as the size got bigger the color became more of a factor.

No the stone was not under 15K. My budget was a few thousand more than that and even then it was a tough find.

Hope this helps!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAH!!! KT this is a killer stone.
30.gif

I don''t oooh and ahhh a lot these days. But this??? Gorgeous. Brian sure found you a beauty. Congrats and wear it in the best of health!!!!
35.gif
36.gif

How''s the LO doing???

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 3:04:55 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
J''smom...you are still alive?
9.gif
where have you been?
Hi Dancing Fire....

Yes, I''m still alive. Been trying to stay away from PS because the wait for the 10 year updgrade would be too hard to bear, but we''re on year 10, so I''m back! :)

Nice to see old "friends" on PS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results