shape
carat
color
clarity

My Engagement Ring! Transitional Diamond in Halo Setting

peony902

Rough_Rock
I don’t post often, but I’ve been reading the boards for a long time and after all the knowledge helped my fiancé and I to choose a diamond and setting, I wanted to make a thread about my new engagement ring.

Here are the EGL specs:
weight: 0.73
dimensions: 5.94 x 5.79 x 3.38
colour: G
clarity: SI3
culet: small
no fluorescence

The diamond is from jewels by Erica grace and is an OEC/transitional diamond. It’s beautiful, has such amazing contrast and faceting. My fiancé said they were fantastic to deal with and we will definitely purchase from them again in the future! The diamond is SI3 which I know would be unacceptable to some here, but it’s eye clean and I can barely find the few feathers (which are mostly hidden under a prong) even when using a 20x loupe. My fiancé was very wary of the clarity, but decided to take a risk since we loved everything else about the stone and I’m SO glad we did. It’s lively and bright and perfect for us.

The setting was custom made by Sundari Gems on Etsy and it’s amazing – exactly what I wanted! The melée stones are f – g colour and incredibly sparkly. I couldn’t be happier with the setting, it’s delicate and feminine and so easy to wear I forget I have it on. It sits nice and low and allows a wedding band to sit flush which was important to me.

Thanks for letting me share, here are some photos!

peony902

Rough_Rock
could someone help me with posting photos? do you use the 'upload attachment' button? for some reason, they will not load, says something about a server error. :/

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh good you got a pic loaded! Very pretty! :love: you must have gotten a good price with that clarity!

peony902

Rough_Rock
thank you! i love it - i'm not sure the exact cost, but i'm sure it was a good value due to the clarity, which is great because it doesn't impact the appearance in the slightest :)

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and your ring looks gorgeous on you. It sounds like your diamond was a great find.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gorgeous ring!!! Congrats!

peony902

Rough_Rock
Polished|1388886428|3586438 said:
Congrats and your ring looks gorgeous on you. It sounds like your diamond was a great find.

thank you, we're really happy with it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO beautiful!!! Love how it looks on your pretty hand, really nice finger coverage! :appl: Congrats!!!!

Love your nail polish too!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! It looks so much bigger than the stats! Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful stone and setting!! Congrats on your engagement.

The ring looks beautiful on your hand and very big!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats for Your engagement and stunning ring! Erica and Grace are absolutely wonderful people and I trust them 100%. I have bought four times from them and no disappointments. I live in Finland and everything has gone very smoothly. I can't praise them enough when we are talking customer service and fabulous items :wavey:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely on your hand. Congrats on finding such a pretty stone! :appl:

peony902

Rough_Rock
Scarlett1 said:
So pretty. Absolutely gorgeous :appl:
thank you!

missymoo said:
It looks huge on you! Very pretty! Congratulations!!!

thanks! it's sized at 5.5 but spins a little - i was sized in the height of summer (on purpose) so it'd have a little room for swelling, i'm probably a 5 or 5.25.

Confection10 said:
Congrats for Your engagement and stunning ring! Erica and Grace are absolutely wonderful people and I trust them 100%. I have bought four times from them and no disappointments. I live in Finland and everything has gone very smoothly. I can't praise them enough when we are talking customer service and fabulous items :wavey:

i completely agree, my fiancé was so happy with their service and they were very patient with us as it was the first diamond purchase we'd made.

Acinom said:
It's a beautiful stone and setting!! Congrats on your engagement.

The ring looks beautiful on your hand and very big!

thank you!
junebug17 said:
SO beautiful!!! Love how it looks on your pretty hand, really nice finger coverage! :appl: Congrats!!!!
Love your nail polish too!

thanks - the polish is opi sweetheart, and i'm very happy with the coverage - it's so hard to imagine what it will look like in the planning stages, but i'm very happy with the result :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely! It looks just beautiful on your hand. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results