shape
carat
color
clarity

My Engagement Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gellibelly

Rough_Rock
I'm a newbie here, as well as newly engaged.
1.gif
Just wanted to share with you guys my new toy! Specs are:

Weight: 1.01 carats, 6.50-6.52 x 3.98mm
Color: E, no fluorescence
Clarity: VVS2
Cut Class: 0 (AGS Triple Ideal)
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 55.5% avgd
Crown: 15.1% avg ht, 34.2 degree avg angle
Pavilion: 43.2% avg depth, 40.8 degree avg angle
Girdle: medium, faceted
Culet: pointed
Polish: ideal
Symmetry: ideal
Instead of the standard "H&A" inscription on the girdle, he requested that the fine people over at Good Old Gold inscribe a going through it. (I wish I had pics of it, but only my fiance has them)

My fiance has the pictures protected so no one can steal them... I had no choice but to just provide the link below...

The RING!

I never told him what style I wanted or even hinted at an engagement ring, only because I'm not a big jewelry person. But he knew my style TO THE TEE... simple, classy, elegant, and most importantly, TIMELESS. The stone is an absolute sparkler. I absolutely love it!

the 88
On June 1, he proposed to me on the beach during sunset in Maui in the most romantic way possible. Can you tell I'm still gushing??

hannah

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Simple and classic. You can't go wrong!

And what a guy you have....to propose in such a romantic way, in a romantic setting.

Congratulations and best wishes!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is, as you said, beautiful, timeless, and elegant! What a stone!
love.gif
And such a romantic story! You two are adorable!
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
That is just beautiful and timeless. What a great story, gorgeous stone, beautiful ring and wonderful guy!!! Best wishes
9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! He indeed DID do good! The diamond and setting are beautiful, classic. Do you think we can see some hand pics??
1.gif
Again, congrats to both of you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

And gush you should. "Beautiful" all 'round. Congrats.

Cheers

Sharon

Patty

Ideal_Rock
The ring is gorgeous...simple and classic setting for a gorgeous stone!

I can't believe that setting is real in your photo. The background looks too good to be true! Stunning!

gellibelly

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for their well wishes! Here is a hand pic of the ring as requested by KBerly. The size of the stone is just right for me; anything bigger would be overkill
3.gif

P.S. The pics of the ring were actually taken by my fiance. One of his favorite hobbies is photography and he was able to capture some really nice shots of my e-ring.
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
gelli - It looks perfect on your hand
love.gif
Wear it in good health, it's just beautiful!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
gelli- that looks PERFECT on your hand. Like it was meant to be there. Again, best wishes for a lifetime of happiness together
1.gif

dahkkid

Rough_Rock
wow, beautiful diamond, beautiful ring! could you tell us who is the maker of the ring and where your fiance bought it? Thanks!

reena

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring, gorgeous sunset it right! i just loooove maui. was that picture taken on kaanapali beach by any chance?

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how nice!!!
appl.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You look beautiful!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
the 88 <3 63 engraving inside is from when we first started dating in high school at 16 years old. We are now 23 and still crazy about each other!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
How sweet! My b/f (hopefully soon-to-be-fiance!) and I have also been dating since high school. I was 15, he 17, and it will be 7 years together at the end of this month.
Reading about your wonderful story gives me hope that a proposal is coming someday...
2.gif

JCJD

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Don't know how I missed this thread before! Gorgeous ring - and the picture of you guys in Hawaii is just amazing! Congrats!

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous ring! Quality!!

And your fiance is a wonderful photographer. I love those fish pictures!

Hi - this comes relaly late - but i was perusing the forums when I came across your post.

The ring is absolutely gorgeous. A true classic and very elegant.

You and your fiance (or hubby by now?) look truly happy together. Good luck!

fancycoloredfan

Rough_Rock
That is a really cute story and I love the ring. From the sideview it looks really similar to the classic Tiffany & Co. six prong solitaire - I have always loved how the stone is set so low in that ring. It's very simple and elegant.

Your picture in Maui is gorgeous and you two make a beautiful couple.

Congratulations!!!

-Ariana

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it was from Good Old Gold

here's the link
link

gellibelly

Rough_Rock
hi guys, i know this reply is REALLY late... haven't been on for awhile and just caught my thread again to read some of the comments. umm... the diamond is from GOG and the setting is a custom setting he had commissioned from a jeweler somewhere in jersey? i'm not too sure. but whoever did it definitely did a magnificent job. i actually take my ring to tiffany's once in awhile to have it cleaned because they cannot even tell that it isn't one of their rings. i've compared it to the true tiffany setting and there are no discrepancies whatsoever. my fiance was actually considering mark morrell but he is just so popular these days that it would have been impossible to have the ring finished before our trip to maui. i don't know who would want to hear more about my engagement story so late in the game, but here it goes...

well as you all know, my fiance and i went to maui for a mini vaca. jack has always been one of those creative, romantic types ever since we started dating in high school, and for our 6-year anniversary he made me a special "book" and wrote a fairy tale story describing our past, present, and future. he included some black sand from our favorite beach, the pen with which he used to write the date, and a picture of us from europe.

the only thing i was wondering about was the lock on the top right corner. i kept asking him what it was and he just dismissed it as some sort of decoration. i never asked him about it after that.

fast forward to maui. on june 1st, we were taking a walk on the beach in front of our condo enjoying all that was maui. he then started telling me things, romantic things that i shall leave out to save you all from gagging.
25.gif
but it was one of the most romantic moments of my life. he then brought out the special book he made for me and a key. surprised, i said, "where did you get that?!" i always kept it in my room and didn't even notice that it was gone. i finally found out what the lock was for. when i opened the lock, the book flipped open and inside was this:

The rest, I guess you can say, is history.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a lovely proposal story - and such a creative guy! Congratulations again!

uclaure

Rough_Rock
what a lovely story....congratulations on your engagement. I like the lighted ring box, may I ask where he got it?

gellibelly

Rough_Rock
unfortunately, i''m not sure where he got the box. i loved how it highlighted the ring when he proposed, though!

here are the specs from my diamond as it was on GOG''s website. you all can finally see the i was talking about next to the serial number. very cute touch from my babe. :)

C:\Documents and Settings\jonli\Desktop\E_VVS2_no_price\1_01ct E VVS2 H&A_noprice.htm

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful proposal story! Your ring is fabulous! Thanks for sharing
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results