shape
carat
color
clarity

My eBay OEC has been set!

elliemay

Shiny_Rock
My sparkly has arrived! I bought the stone on eBay in January, had it sent to Neil Beaty for an appraisal, and then had it sent to Leigh Jay Nacht (http://www.antiqueengageringrings.com) for setting. All told, the process took about a month.

To say I'm pleased is an understatement! The stone was a bit of a gamble as it was my first diamond purchase, and my first OEC, and made via eBay. Neil was really helpful and his appraisal was very thorough (and fast!), so I felt really confident about the stone after talking to him. Winona at Leigh Jay Nacht was wonderful -- always friendly and responded to my emails almost as soon as I sent them -- just incredible customer service all around!

I've been wearing the ring for 24 hours and have had SO many compliments, which is just insane as I'd been wearing a comparably-sized CZ in a Tacori setting for about 3 years and had only had a couple of compliments on it in all that time!

Here we go -- the stone is 1.21 carats, M VS1:

ring2_17.jpg

profile1.jpg

profile2_0.jpg

ring1_22.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that is incredible, congrats on your new beauty!! :appl: :love:

elliemay

Shiny_Rock
More photos -- I have a handshot but can't get it to load!

ring6_4.jpg

ring5_7.jpg

ring4_10.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, it looks great on you and I am so glad you love it :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Swoooon, it looks so fantastic in your setting!! Congrats!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's such a killer stone that I can't even focus on the setting. But I'm sure it's beautiful!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I just love the faceting on that! I cannot believe how well you did with your first purchase. The ring came out absolutely perfect. I just love it.

elliemay

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I'm so pleased you all like it -- I've learned SO MUCh at PS and having everyone's help has been really valuable!

I love the faceting, too -- I was never a big fan of MRBs because the faceting was just too splintery for me (though obviously I'd be happy to accept one! :D) , so the big chunky facets of this stone are really appealing to me. It throws back a lot of colours, too!

The one thing I'd say about the colour of the stone is....I love it! I was sort of worried about it being an M as I'd never even seen an M in person before, but it's very creamy and vanilla-ish, if that makes any sense. There's a definitely colour when viewed from the side, but viewed face-on, it's just a warmth rather than a yellow tint, which just seems to "go" with the antique setting.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I just love it. That stone is DIVINE. You picked a good one. The ebay listing did not do it any justice. :appl: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, what a gorgeous stone and beautiful setting!! And your pics are great!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing! I have drooled over that setting for years it is so great to see it "in person". It looks spectacular. Great find for sure.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
More pictures, please! And do you have any from a bit farther away, I'm bad at judging scale.

It's so lovely!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! :love: Such a great find! Enjoy it and congratulations!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellie that is a GORGEOUS stone :love: and it looks lovely in its new home :bigsmile:

I saw your thread in RT and had to come and comment! Congrats on a fantastic find :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is one stunner of a stone! You did GOOD!!! And the setting is perfect for it! Many congrats on your new ring!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
This is definitely one of my favorite OECs on PS, I absolutely love the faceting!!!!!!! I wish I could have the kind of eBay luck so many of you have on here! Beautiful ring :love: :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Dreamy!! :love:

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The faceting is stunning! No wonder you get so many compliments!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and setting!

April20

Ideal_Rock
That stone is so beautiful! I saw your ring on the side bar of one the main pages and had to hunt down the thread. I LOVE it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! The setting and stone go very well together, congratulations!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous stone/setting, Ellie!!! BEAUTIFUL!! I love your description as well - vanillaish! That gave me a perfect image of what colour you are describing!

Lovely lovely lovely. Hopefully you can get a few more shots uploaded - can never get enough eye candy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results