shape
carat
color
clarity

My e-ring, wedding band and now I need help with a 5 stone

devthinksnpink

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I am a long time lurker but first time poster and I need your help! I love my e-ring and my wedding band BUT in my line of work my e-ring gets banged around a lot and in the few years I have had it I have had to have it repaired several times. So hubs recently announced just get another ring to wear daily and keep our e-ring for when your not at work... I am not going to fight with that so I decided on a nice 5-stone band. Here is the problem, I am a bigger girl-big girls like diamonds to ;-) -and wear a size 10 ring, we went to several shops to look but I am un-able to try anything on. Before we even went looking hubs said buy a 2 carat and be done with it. BUT I really want antiquate finger coverage and can't seem to find examples of 5 stones on bigger fingers, so I am going to guestimate that it needs to be 2.5/3 carats. Unfortunately since I can not try it on and its not a stock size I have to order it site un-seen and whatever it is your pretty much stuck with it. Any advice would be helpful or if anyone has a picture I would love you forever.

Here is what I am looking for- a 5 stone band, either u-set or trellis set in either round brilliant or cushion that will look substantial and appropriate on a size 10 finger. I would like to be able to wear it alone and Maybe stack it with my others or RHR if it looks odd.

My engagement ring is a 1.54 carat IGA cert, non-enhanced - G-colored, VS1, ideal cut round brilliant in a .5 carat scott kay pave setting

My wedding band is a 1 carat prong set band that is vs2 and H-colored.

Here are some pictures of the my e-ring and my band (I think you can tell which are professional and which are me and my lack of any skill)

devthinksnpink

Rough_Rock
More pictures of my current rings

These are a few more pictures of my current rings, please excuse my un-manicured scaly hands, it is crazy and snowy here and haven't been able to get a manicure in way to long

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My e-ring, wedding band and now I need help with a 5 sto

Hallo - and welcome!

A problem easily solved - 30 pointers. 7 stones. It would cost about the same as 5 x 40 pointers - which I don't actually think will cover your finger. But 7 x 30 will give over 30mm coverage - which is a LOT. I'm guessing that 7 x 40 would be too big (over 33mm - whew!!) and 5 x 40 pointers, at 23.75mm, wouldn't be enough. I used to wear a 7 x 25pt band back when my finger was a size 7 - and it definitely went from side to side - all the way! It would have been equally fine on a size 8 finger. So 7 x 30 should be plenty for a size 10 finger.

And super blingy! :love:

Edited for typos - sorry!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Many on here would go custom build for this one, IDJ is great for this type of band. You could contact them and let them know your concerns, they can tell you what would work. FWIW I think a 7 stone (as suggested above) is a better option as well :)

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock

Hi his is actually my first post too, but thought I could help since I have u-prong five stone size 8. My 5 stone band is F-G VS and platinum and 1.6 ct. It fits from end to end on my size 8 so I think 2 to 2.5 ct would look great.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I agree you need a 5-stone, the wedding band you have is gorgeous but a substantial 5-stone sounds like the perfect ring for your lifestyle and taste. I don't think you'd be happy with a 7-stone due to the similarity with your existing ring. I'm not sure what your intentions are as to stacking but have you considered graduated (like Neil's amazing ring)?

I think the 2CTW would be perfect - thanks Victoria10 for the example. I love shared prong and u-prong styles. Please let us know what you decide and if possible post those pictures!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A substantial 5-stone won't also get banged up in your line of work?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results